Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Two Different Paths for EMU Men's Hoops
Bookmark and Share
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Two Different Paths for EMU Men's Hoops
I assume Heath will be back. One path has Acuff and Lovejoy coming back and EMU adds hopefully two additional players besides our incoming big shooting guard. Hopefully one would be a point guard who can direct the offense which seemed lost so many times this season. The second player would hopefully be a power forward who can play interior defense rebound and scoring. I think with those additions we could finish over .500 and be back in Cleveland.

The second path is not as bright. Acuff and Lovejoy leave and we look at taking two steps back.
02-25-2024 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Two Different Paths for EMU Men's Hoops
(02-25-2024 07:36 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I assume Heath will be back. One path has Acuff and Lovejoy coming back and EMU adds hopefully two additional players besides our incoming big shooting guard. Hopefully one would be a point guard who can direct the offense which seemed lost so many times this season. The second player would hopefully be a power forward who can play interior defense rebound and scoring. I think with those additions we could finish over .500 and be back in Cleveland.

The second path is not as bright. Acuff and Lovejoy leave and we look at taking two steps back.
Lovejoy is going to have a tough time going anywhere until he can develop a perimeter game. He can't shoot from more than 10'. He can get away with it in the MAC but not likely anywhere else. He's great with the ball and on defense though. Hope he stays.
02-25-2024 09:25 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Two paths? If there is a fork in the road, take it.
02-26-2024 07:15 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Regarding Lovejoy we have seen a small sample size of what he can do but nagging injuries have held him back this year. Are they longer term than this year? Who knows?

The guys on the bubble for me are Pranger Randle McGriff and Ellerbe. We should be able to go out to the portal or JUCO and do an upgrade. Overall we don't have enough talent right now to compete in the upper tiers of the MAC.CC in football recognized that and went out to improve the talent on the football roster..Stan needs to do the same.

Maybe a change in assistant coaches is also in order. CC did that too.
02-26-2024 10:35 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

We know which path
03-27-2024 07:38 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(03-27-2024 07:38 AM)emu79 Wrote:  We know which path
Say more...

Lovejoy leaving?
03-27-2024 12:41 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(03-27-2024 12:41 PM)holybovine Wrote:  
Say more...

Lovejoy leaving?

03-lmfao I am also curious about what this means.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024 12:45 PM by RamyEMU.)
03-27-2024 12:44 PM
Advertisement

Block_E Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Eastern
It's like calling an escalator a stairway. You can go two directions, but one is clearly against momentum.
03-27-2024 02:56 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-27-2024 12:44 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
Say more...

Lovejoy leaving?

I'm glad you find the direction of the program amusing.
03-27-2024 05:24 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Say more...

Lovejoy leaving?

I don't know. Losing Acuff was bad enough. IIt be interesting how we replace all the pieces that hit the portal.
03-27-2024 05:33 PM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

(03-27-2024 05:24 PM)emu79 Wrote:  
(03-27-2024 12:44 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
Say more...

Lovejoy leaving?

I'm glad you find the direction of the program amusing.

I find your ambiguity amusing… what did your post mean????
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024 06:25 PM by RamyEMU.)
03-27-2024 06:25 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I would love to say that Ty Acuff should stay, but Sears at Alabama and Dennis at Baylor would disagree. He paid his dues at EMU, let him see what he can do while enjoying a big-time college atmosphere. I hate to say it, but no hard feelings from me.
03-27-2024 06:30 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-27-2024 06:30 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  I would love to say that Ty Acuff should stay, but Sears at Alabama and Dennis at Baylor would disagree. He paid his dues at EMU, let him see what he can do while enjoying a big-time college atmosphere. I hate to say it, but no hard feelings from me.

Jerry, I was hoping for stability because in today's world stability will help you win the conference. By stability I mean less turnover with staff and players you know when you have a player for the entire four or five years of their career. While I agree outside of Acuff we may have lost some non essential pieces of the team we only get better if the replacements are better than what we lost and of course they will need to once again learn to play with each other and there's that chemistry thing. This whole NIL and transfer portal is a real dumpster fire. There really isn't a team concept anymore the focus is on each individual player. Yes some succeed in doing better but some loss it all.
03-28-2024 05:21 AM
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(03-28-2024 05:21 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(03-27-2024 06:30 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  I would love to say that Ty Acuff should stay, but Sears at Alabama and Dennis at Baylor would disagree. He paid his dues at EMU, let him see what he can do while enjoying a big-time college atmosphere. I hate to say it, but no hard feelings from me.

Jerry, I was hoping for stability because in today's world stability will help you win the conference. By stability I mean less turnover with staff and players you know when you have a player for the entire four or five years of their career. While I agree outside of Acuff we may have lost some non essential pieces of the team we only get better if the replacements are better than what we lost and of course they will need to once again learn to play with each other and there's that chemistry thing. This whole NIL and transfer portal is a real dumpster fire. There really isn't a team concept anymore the focus is on each individual player. Yes some succeed in doing better but some loss it all.

I'm trying hard to find something you proffered that I disagree with, but simply can't. I am with you all the way.

You really want to know who I would like to talk to? Ty Groce. He would have starred for EMU, had he stayed for his final year, instead he warmed the bench for P6 Butler. Just wonder if he would do it all over again.
03-28-2024 04:54 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(03-28-2024 04:54 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(03-28-2024 05:21 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

I'm trying hard to find something you proffered that I disagree with, but simply can't. I am with you all the way.

You really want to know who I would like to talk to? Ty Groce. He would have starred for EMU, had he stayed for his final year, instead he warmed the bench for P6 Butler. Just wonder if he would do it all over again.
At least Groce was a grad transfer. The real poster boy for bad transfers is Mo Njie. He just averaged 3.5 minutes as a junior at SMU. Hope he got some good NIL money in exchange for his college basketball career.
03-28-2024 05:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.