Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rollins with Herd/Bucks
Bookmark and Share
UTfanBGalum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UT
MyBB Rollins with Herd/Bucks
Rollins in 1st game of his 2-way Bucks/Herd contract is leading scorer and only Herd player in plus column stat! Great comeback game - 21 points 6/9 shooting.

Box score: https://www.espn.com/nba-g-league/boxsco.../401595829

Next game on Youtube Feb 24th: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3F0d0exKSTE
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2024 02:46 PM by UTfanBGalum.)
02-23-2024 04:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Macfan123 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Rollins with Herd/Bucks
Nice!!, rollins oozes with potential still only 21 years old, hope he has a long nba career
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2024 06:30 AM by Macfan123.)
02-23-2024 06:30 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
saw some footage. had some highlight plays and also a couple ugly ones that contributed to highlights by the opponent. crazy thing is he would just be a Jr eligibility wise had he stayed in college.
02-23-2024 02:50 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
watched some of this (free) and Rollins had a roller coaster game. got by his man w ease off the dribble and had the ball in his hands a lot. took lots of shots. made most mid range to rim. missed everything from 3 until hitting a go ahead three w a minute something to play. got a clutch offensive rebound with 24 sec to go and made 2 ft that looked to clinch it until Rip City rallied to tie it. Rollins had a deep contested 3 to win it at the buzzer but was way off. he struggled w turnovers all night and got beat backdoor at least twice.

the Wisconsin Herd is a totally different deal than the Capital City Go Go g league team of the wizards. Herd play a couple hours north of Milwaukee in the small industrial city of Oshkosh. in a small no frills 3500 seat arena, today it was mostly full and a little rowdy for good atmosphere (much like the Maine Celtics). The Go Go played in DC in a nice 4500 seat arena they share w the local WNBA team. And nobody comes to their games. like 200 people.

Rollins is inconsistent at the pro level. Still very young and always looks the part w his quickness and soft touch. my guess is the Bucks wait it out and keep him around as a developmental mostly g league guy next season. he looks a bit thinner than he was before the Wizards cut him.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2024 10:58 PM by pono.)
02-24-2024 10:57 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

How many times have I said it before, either for an UT football player or basketball player, the NFL and the NBA is so difficult to stick around after being drafted, that sometimes its better to stay in school another year instead of taking the upfront money and securing an agent. I would think perhaps that agent tells a mid major player, you are the next great running back or the next Magic Johnson ?
02-24-2024 11:58 PM
Macfan123 Offline
2nd String

(02-24-2024 11:58 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  How many times have I said it before, either for an UT football player or basketball player, the NFL and the NBA is so difficult to stick around after being drafted, that sometimes its better to stay in school another year instead of taking the upfront money and securing an agent. I would think perhaps that agent tells a mid major player, you are the next great running back or the next Magic Johnson ?

Can we please stop with this, if a UT player leaves early it’s not our place as a FAN rather we should be the ones to say oh you should stay. What’s so hard with just supporting a former player who was really good as a rocket? Making it to the league is very hard and to make it from a mid major is even harder.
02-25-2024 12:28 AM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-25-2024 12:28 AM)Macfan123 Wrote:  
(02-24-2024 11:58 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  How many times have I said it before, either for an UT football player or basketball player, the NFL and the NBA is so difficult to stick around after being drafted, that sometimes its better to stay in school another year instead of taking the upfront money and securing an agent. I would think perhaps that agent tells a mid major player, you are the next great running back or the next Magic Johnson ?

Can we please stop with this, if a UT player leaves early it’s not our place as a FAN rather we should be the ones to say oh you should stay. What’s so hard with just supporting a former player who was really good as a rocket? Making it to the league is very hard and to make it from a mid major is even harder.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion - whether you agree or disagree. Take out your first sentence - which is difficult to understand anyway - and that was all that needed to be said. As long as fans on this forum are respectful in their opinions or observations - there is no need to put them "in their place..."
02-25-2024 12:54 AM
Lester Offline
Special Teams

There is no reason to think that another year at UT would have helped Rollins' development more than his year with Golden State.
02-25-2024 06:43 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-25-2024 06:43 AM)Lester Wrote:  

There is no reason to think that another year at UT would have helped Rollins' development more than his year with Golden State.

Except that he was hurt at Golden State.
02-25-2024 12:29 PM
UTfanBGalum Offline
2nd String

Rollins is shooting above 50% in his GLeague career. He was shooting above 40% for 3's till yesterday which was his worst 3pt shooting game as a pro. Hey, Steph has off nights too. He was 4-6 on 3s Thurs in first game with Herd.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2024 02:20 PM by UTfanBGalum.)
02-25-2024 02:14 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-25-2024 12:29 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

hmmm, played through pain during the NBA evaluation process and ended up needing surgery and missed most of the season.
02-25-2024 02:16 PM
Advertisement

Lester Offline
Special Teams

(02-25-2024 12:29 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

OK, sure, if he had known that he was going to get hurt prepping for the NBA, then perhaps he would have chosen to stay in school. Then again, maybe he would have had a career-ending injury during his junior year at UT. You can't plan for the unpredictable. Going pro made complete sense for Rollins.
02-25-2024 03:36 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

Well, he did get an excellent bonus to sign I believe?
02-25-2024 09:51 PM
UTfanBGalum Offline
2nd String

Rollins/Herd vs CapCity (team that cut him) GoGo wed night. Hope Ryan is "on" offensively and defensively. Game on ESPN plus.
https://www.espn.com/nba-g-league/schedule
02-26-2024 02:30 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-26-2024 02:30 AM)UTfanBGalum Wrote:  Rollins/Herd vs CapCity (team that cut him) GoGo wed night. Hope Ryan is "on" offensively and defensively. Game on ESPN plus.
https://www.espn.com/nba-g-league/schedule

should be some game within a game competition in that one
02-26-2024 02:32 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

Nothing against Ryan, but i have watched enough G League basketball to know that I neer need to watch again. 48 minutes of garbage time.
02-26-2024 11:23 AM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Rollins has been dressed and on the bench for most of the Bucks games recently but only has 1 minute of actual floor time. Seems like he's still in this too good for g league not good enough for an NBA rotation space. Bucks will likely send him to the summer league this year and do have him under 2 way contract cheaply for next season. Bucks have 4 regular contracts expiring at the end of the year, 1 more w a team option, and 1 other 2 way expiring. So, there's room for Rollins to stick if the Bucks think well of him.
04-10-2024 10:50 PM
Macfan123 Offline
2nd String

https://x.com/wisconsinherd/status/17791...11695?s=46
Rollins scored his first points as a buck, good for him didnt think he would play again this season after the shoplifting incident
04-13-2024 01:24 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(04-13-2024 01:24 PM)Macfan123 Wrote:  https://x.com/wisconsinherd/status/17791...11695?s=46
Rollins scored his first points as a buck, good for him didnt think he would play again this season after the shoplifting incident

Nice job, Ryan. Good hands on the steal, too.
04-13-2024 02:43 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

They didn't play in Game 1, but these young Bucks players helped get team ready for Pacers

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nb...396076007/
04-23-2024 07:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.