Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Does the SunBelt broadcast any games overseas??
Bookmark and Share
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
Just curious on this. Probably limited market for football but I was thinking more along the lines of olympiv sports.
02-18-2024 04:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dignan Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Does the SunBelt broadcast any games overseas??
No. I have to use a VPN to watch ESPN+ and/or linear…. And sometimes that doesn’t even work.
02-18-2024 05:30 PM
hburg Offline

Yeap, have to use a VPN. Did that when I was in the Philippines.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
02-18-2024 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
Our soccer is popular with a few groups from Great Britain that post support on social media.
02-18-2024 09:22 PM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I heard CUSA was working on an exclusive broadcast deal with North Korea...
02-18-2024 09:40 PM
DawgNBama Offline

This is why I say that there may be somewhat of a market for our college football overseas:

Granted, he talks about the P4 teams, but what if he or someone like him had a chance to see our teams?? To me, it's worth mulling over at least.

But, I believe our olympic sports, in particular, our baseball games, would be a huge hit overseas. And maybe our basketball should get a look at being broadcast overseas, IMO. That's interesting about C-USA looking at North Korea and I believe that the SEC does broadcast some games into Mexico & South America, if I'm not mistaken, and I know for a fact that had the PAC 12 stayed together (yes, I'm well aware that the PAC 12 no longer exists. Imagine the SBC having 5 or 6 channels for conference games!! That's how ridiculous the PAC 12 got!!), they were going to broadcast their games into China.
02-18-2024 11:36 PM
Advertisement

Dignan Offline
1st String

There’s a very small amount of NFL followers in Europe (very small). The amount of people even aware of college football is even smaller, let alone those who actually follow it. The college sports phenomenon in the US is pretty uniquely American.
02-19-2024 01:38 AM
DawgNBama Offline

(02-19-2024 01:38 AM)Dignan Wrote:  There’s a very small amount of NFL followers in Europe (very small). The amount of people even aware of college football is even smaller, let alone those who actually follow it. The college sports phenomenon in the US is pretty uniquely American.

Well, for college football maybe, but college olympic sports are really a different kettle of fish from what I have heard, and that's what I was more interested in exporting overseas anyway. How many Mexicans, Cubans, or even Japanese might tune into a Sunbelt baseball game?? That's what I am interested in.
02-19-2024 08:14 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(02-19-2024 08:14 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  
(02-19-2024 01:38 AM)Dignan Wrote:  There’s a very small amount of NFL followers in Europe (very small). The amount of people even aware of college football is even smaller, let alone those who actually follow it. The college sports phenomenon in the US is pretty uniquely American.

Well, for college football maybe, but college olympic sports are really a different kettle of fish from what I have heard, and that's what I was more interested in exporting overseas anyway. How many Mexicans, Cubans, or even Japanese might tune into a Sunbelt baseball game?? That's what I am interested in.

How many Americans would tune into a Sun Belt game? Not many outside of the fans of the schools involved. Heck same could be said for the SEC, they just have bigger fanbases, but overall college baseball is clearly WAY less popular than college football. Why would people in other countries care? If they want to watch basesball they have MLB, not to mention their own leagues.
02-19-2024 09:19 AM
DawgNBama Offline

(02-18-2024 09:22 PM)MUther Wrote:  Our soccer is popular with a few groups from Great Britain that post support on social media.

That's something else we can look at broadcasting overseas, IMO. Soccer and baseball I think should be looked at for overseas distribution, IMO, because other conferences are already doing this or are about to do it. I'm not too keen on overseas distribution for basketball though.
02-19-2024 10:46 AM
DawgNBama Offline

(02-19-2024 09:19 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  
(02-19-2024 08:14 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  

How many Americans would tune into a Sun Belt game? Not many outside of the fans of the schools involved. Heck same could be said for the SEC, they just have bigger fanbases, but overall college baseball is clearly WAY less popular than college football. Why would people in other countries care? If they want to watch basesball they have MLB, not to mention their own leagues.

China is big into American college basketball right now. Granted, that isn't baseball, but I think baseball might be worth a look, since it's also an olympic sport. Also, college baseball does make a nice little profit in the US from what I've seen.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2024 10:50 AM by DawgNBama.)
02-19-2024 10:49 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Online

(02-18-2024 11:36 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  This is why I say that there may be somewhat of a market for our college football overseas:

Granted, he talks about the P4 teams, but what if he or someone like him had a chance to see our teams?? To me, it's worth mulling over at least.

But, I believe our olympic sports, in particular, our baseball games, would be a huge hit overseas. And maybe our basketball should get a look at being broadcast overseas, IMO. That's interesting about C-USA looking at North Korea and I believe that the SEC does broadcast some games into Mexico & South America, if I'm not mistaken, and I know for a fact that had the PAC 12 stayed together (yes, I'm well aware that the PAC 12 no longer exists. Imagine the SBC having 5 or 6 channels for conference games!! That's how ridiculous the PAC 12 got!!), they were going to broadcast their games into China.

I mean, can't you see the allure. College Football is largely an untapped Market in North Korea, and the population there wouldn't know the difference between FIU and Florida, so they can watch the games in between the daily praise songs to Kim Jong Un, and think they were legitimately watching real football.
02-19-2024 01:09 PM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(02-19-2024 01:09 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-18-2024 11:36 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  This is why I say that there may be somewhat of a market for our college football overseas:

I mean, can't you see the allure. College Football is largely an untapped Market in North Korea, and the population there wouldn't know the difference between FIU and Florida, so they can watch the games in between the daily praise songs to Kim Jong Un, and think they were legitimately watching real football.

Yeah I'm pretty upset that CUSA beat us to the punch there. The Glorious Leader himself is worth tens of millions in viewers. Not to mention the rest of North Korea. He's about to bankroll NIL for all of CUSA.

DawgnBama what do you think about the new SBC East made up of of the universities of Mumbai, Dehli, Bangalore, Lahore, and Islamabad? We'd surely be able to turn some cricket players into baseballers right?
02-19-2024 01:19 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
Came to the board right now specifically to drop the breaking news about the CUSA/DPRK partnership but I see I've been scooped.
02-19-2024 05:46 PM
CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
They had posted earlier in a article that 52 of the Cajuns 56 games will be broadcast.
02-20-2024 10:10 PM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-19-2024 10:46 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  
(02-18-2024 09:22 PM)MUther Wrote:  Our soccer is popular with a few groups from Great Britain that post support on social media.

That's something else we can look at broadcasting overseas, IMO. Soccer and baseball I think should be looked at for overseas distribution, IMO, because other conferences are already doing this or are about to do it. I'm not too keen on overseas distribution for basketball though.

I could see Beach Volleyball being a BIG hit!
02-21-2024 09:19 AM
Advertisement

Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

(02-20-2024 10:10 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  They had posted earlier in a article that 52 of the Cajuns 56 games will be broadcast.

Overseas? If so, where. If not, you didn't understand the thread.
02-21-2024 09:21 AM
chiefsfan Online

(02-19-2024 05:46 PM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  Came to the board right now specifically to drop the breaking news about the CUSA/DPRK partnership but I see I've been scooped.

I mean major news like this you can't delay in reporting. I think they are hoping for an annual game in Pyongyang down the road.
02-21-2024 01:33 PM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

(02-21-2024 01:33 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-19-2024 05:46 PM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  Came to the board right now specifically to drop the breaking news about the CUSA/DPRK partnership but I see I've been scooped.

I mean major news like this you can't delay in reporting. I think they are hoping for an annual game in Pyongyang down the road.

This is a joke right? After too long under Judy, I'm just not sure anymore.
02-21-2024 04:52 PM
CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
(02-21-2024 09:21 AM)Luckyshot Wrote:  
(02-20-2024 10:10 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  They had posted earlier in a article that 52 of the Cajuns 56 games will be broadcast.

Overseas? If so, where. If not, you didn't understand the thread.

I was thinking ESPN+ was available overseas.
02-21-2024 06:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.