Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Is it likely the AAC will receive one bid unless FAU falters in the AAC Tourney?
This poll is closed.
Yes 43.48% 20 43.48%
No 56.52% 26 56.52%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is the AAC likely a one-bid conference unless FAU falters in the AAC Tourney?
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
MyBB Is the AAC likely a one-bid conference unless FAU falters in the AAC Tourney?
A poster wrote - in essence - the board consensus now is the AAC is likely a one bid conference unless FAU falters in the AAC Tournament.

I agree that the AAC will probably only receive one bid unless someone other than FAU obtains the autobid, but disagree a strong majority here concur.

The purpose of the poll is to gauge the level of consensus, if any.

Is it likely the AAC will receive one bid unless FAU falters in the AAC Tourney?

Yes
No
02-10-2024 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: Is the AAC likely a one-bid conference unless FAU falters in the AAC Tourney?
Yes.

100% a one bid conference.
02-10-2024 09:27 AM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: Is the AAC likely a one-bid conference unless FAU falters in the AAC Tourney?
Memphis has too much ground to make up and will likely have a few
More sub 100 loses.
02-10-2024 09:27 AM
sfink161 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tulane
(02-10-2024 09:00 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  A poster wrote - in essence - the board consensus now is the AAC is likely a one bid conference unless FAU falters in the AAC Tournament.

I agree that the AAC will probably only receive one bid unless someone other than FAU obtains the autobid, but disagree a strong majority here concur.

The purpose of the poll is to gauge the level of consensus, if any.

Is it likely the AAC will receive one bid unless FAU falters in the AAC Tourney?

Yes
No

Yes, it's a one bid conference unless FAU falters. I'll go further, FAU isn't guaranteed a bid if they falter badly down the stretch and someone else rises up.
02-10-2024 09:29 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
At this writing, over 2/3rd of voters vote no.

I set the window for seven days and thus time remains to cast a ballot. .
02-12-2024 01:00 PM
cscottl1981 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Not a 1 bid league. FAU and UTSA bb are clearly in.
02-12-2024 01:44 PM
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
I still think Memphis has enough big wins and enough left over games to get into tourney. So I’m going to still say two get in. FAU, Memphis or someone else makes tourney. FAU is most likely in, unless they collapse down the end of season.

Memphis has the two games with FAU plus an away at SMU that will give them as of now, three Q1 opportunities to add to their current 3-2 record there. The home games vs Charlotte and UAB will be good games if those two keep winning.
02-12-2024 01:52 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
All but one of the bracket predictions list the AAC with one at-large bid.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/s...542162007/
02-13-2024 11:24 AM
forDniners Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(02-13-2024 11:24 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  All but one of the bracket predictions list the AAC with one at-large bid.

It’s likely FAU is the only at-large. I’m not sure if that’s what you were trying to get at in this poll but just to be clear that’s not what you asked. Someone else can win the AAC tournament without FAU faltering.
02-13-2024 11:28 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(02-13-2024 11:28 AM)forDniners Wrote:  
(02-13-2024 11:24 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  All but one of the bracket predictions list the AAC with one at-large bid.

It’s likely FAU is the only at-large. I’m not sure if that’s what you were trying to get at in this poll but just to be clear that’s not what you asked. Someone else can win the AAC tournament without FAU faltering.

A poster wrote - in essence - the board consensus now is the AAC is likely a one bid conference unless FAU falters in the AAC Tournament. FAU has to lose in AAC tournament to someone because they are the only ones with an at-large profile.

The purpose of the poll is to gauge the level of consensus with the poster, if any.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2024 11:45 AM by Tiger1983.)
02-13-2024 11:42 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2...n-Athletic

Looks like FAU is the only current at-large candidate to me. They would need to avoid any more bad losses and win 5 of the next 7 to really feel safe. An early exit in the conference tournament would have them on the bubble. I think they did enough in OOC to carry them to a bid though.

Everyone else has a NET rating that is pretty high. Memphis might be able to get there if they finish on a winning streak, but they have to play FAU twice and would really need to win both.
02-13-2024 01:05 PM
Advertisement

shadowman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
IF FAU wins the tournament we are a one bid league.

The only thing that would change that is either Memphis or SMU going on a strong run all the way to the tournament finals. That would be enough for Memphis, since they had some big non conference wins. For SMU, it may not still be enough, they would pretty much need to go undefeated to the conference tournament final, which is highly unlikely.

Because the league is so competitive, I would say it is likely FAU does not win the tournament, so I think we ultimately get two bids, but only if FAU falters in the tournament, so the poll answer is YES!
02-13-2024 03:28 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
If USF runs the table can they qualify as at-large if they don't win the tournament?
02-13-2024 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
Is the AAC likely a one-bid conference unless FAU falters in the AAC Tourney?
(02-13-2024 03:45 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  If USF runs the table can they qualify as at-large if they don't win the tournament?

Doubtful. Just over 100 in the NET rating currently. A couple quad 4 losses. Not much in the way of signature wins. They would need to not only win to the final but dominate to balloon their NET rating. Highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-13-2024 03:58 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
This projection has USF as the AQ and FAU at-large
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/...redictions
02-13-2024 04:21 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(02-13-2024 04:21 PM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  This projection has USF as the AQ and FAU at-large
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/...redictions

ESPN's practice is to grant the AQ to the present conference leader. At this point, USF would have to win the conference Tourney to earn an NCAA bid.
02-13-2024 04:35 PM
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says fau should lose in the aac championship game, thus guaranteeing two bids
02-14-2024 07:34 AM
cscottl1981 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(02-14-2024 07:34 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says fau should lose in the aac championship game, thus guaranteeing two bids

For the conference! This is the way.
02-14-2024 08:38 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(02-14-2024 08:38 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  
(02-14-2024 07:34 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says fau should lose in the aac championship game, thus guaranteeing two bids

For the conference! This is the way.

For the credits!
02-14-2024 08:43 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
It's unfortunate but yeah that's where we seem to be. AAC is going to need FAU to pull a Gonzaga and have a very off game in the conference tournament for us to secure a second bid. Though we asked them nicely to do it last year in the CUSA tournament final and they responded by beating our ass.

UAB had a schedule to help set us up to be on the bubble, but we had an awful stretch in the middle of our non-con that knocked us wayyyyyy down. At lease McNeese State turned into a good team, but losing to So Miss and getting blown out by Ark State really hurt.
02-14-2024 11:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.