ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who Do You Want to Be Our Next Basketball Coach
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Who Do You Want to Be Our Next Basketball Coach
Let me just preemptively say two things.
1. I know we are not yet officially in the market for a coach.
2. It is understood that most of us do not have enough real information to make the decision.

So, let's just do this for fun.

I like Drew Williamson if he is actually a good young coach who seems like he's up for the job, which I have no idea of.
01-25-2024 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODURallyFox Online
1st String

RE: Who Do You Want to Be Our Next Basketball Coach
(01-25-2024 02:50 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Let me just preemptively say two things.
2. It is understood that most of us do not have enough real information to make the decision.

I like Drew Williamson if he is actually a good young coach who seems like he's up for the job, which I have no idea of.

I want this organization wiped clean. From Wood on down to Jeff Jone's staff. I want ZERO remnants left. This organization needs to be bulldozed and needs to be given a wrecking ball. All new foundation, all new people. Wipe the BOV clean, wipe our athletic dept clean, wipe ODAF clean, wipe and disinfect every square inch of it.
01-25-2024 03:09 PM
Nukesquad Offline
1st String

(01-25-2024 03:09 PM)ODURallyFox Wrote:  
(01-25-2024 02:50 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Let me just preemptively say two things.

I want this organization wiped clean. From Wood on down to Jeff Jone's staff. I want ZERO remnants left. This organization needs to be bulldozed and needs to be given a wrecking ball. All new foundation, all new people. Wipe the BOV clean, wipe our athletic dept clean, wipe ODAF clean, wipe and disinfect every square inch of it.

Blue did say it was "for fun," but I believe it was supposed to have some basis of reality. Wiping the BOV clean? They already have term limits and are appointed by the governor, so there have been many changes during JJ's tenure.
01-25-2024 03:16 PM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I think we should go for the Indiana State coach Josh Schertz. He has a great basketball system, was super successful at D2 and now at Indiana State. Dude only makes $365k annually which we should be able to top pretty easy. Has shown that he has the chops to coach at this level.
01-25-2024 03:17 PM
757ODU Offline
All American

Austin Claunch
01-25-2024 03:17 PM
ODURallyFox Online
1st String

(01-25-2024 03:16 PM)Nukesquad Wrote:  
(01-25-2024 03:09 PM)ODURallyFox Wrote:  

Blue did say it was "for fun," but I believe it was supposed to have some basis of reality. Wiping the BOV clean? They already have term limits and are appointed by the governor, so there have been many changes during JJ's tenure.

None of our BOV have background with sports and athletics. Their terms cant end fast enough.
01-25-2024 03:22 PM
Advertisement

ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

(01-25-2024 03:17 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  I think we should go for the Indiana State coach Josh Schertz. He has a great basketball system, was super successful at D2 and now at Indiana State. Dude only makes $365k annually which we should be able to top pretty easy. Has shown that he has the chops to coach at this level.

He's my #1 pick, but I don't think we can afford him, and he's likely to get some big time looks.
01-25-2024 03:23 PM
ODURallyFox Online
1st String

(01-25-2024 03:17 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  I think we should go for the Indiana State coach Josh Schertz. He has a great basketball system, was super successful at D2 and now at Indiana State. Dude only makes $365k annually which we should be able to top pretty easy. Has shown that he has the chops to coach at this level.

Would prefer a coach that has D1 experience. Also someone that is on the young side. We need youth and energy in this program.
01-25-2024 03:24 PM
757ODU Offline
All American

(01-25-2024 03:23 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  

He's my #1 pick, but I don't think we can afford him, and he's likely to get some big time looks.

Michigan and DePaul come to mind here.
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

(01-25-2024 03:17 PM)757ODU Wrote:  

Austin Claunch

He's at the top of my list of guys that I think would be really good and we can land.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024 03:24 PM by ODUCoach.)
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

(01-25-2024 03:24 PM)ODURallyFox Wrote:  

Would prefer a coach that has D1 experience. Also someone that is on the young side. We need youth and energy in this program.

Huh? He's the Head Coach at a Division 1 program right now. 03-banghead
01-25-2024 03:25 PM
Advertisement

757ODU Offline
All American

(01-25-2024 03:24 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  
(01-25-2024 03:17 PM)757ODU Wrote:  

Austin Claunch

He's at the top of my list of guys that I think would be really good and we can land.

There's some extra added bonus if we do land him, Coach!
Monarchist13 Offline

(01-25-2024 03:24 PM)757ODU Wrote:  

DePaul has a lot of issues right now. They don’t have the NIL or the on campus facility and both are hurting them dearly. They need a miracle worker.
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

(01-25-2024 03:25 PM)Monarchist13 Wrote:  

DePaul has a lot of issues right now. They don’t have the NIL or the on campus facility and both are hurting them dearly. They need a miracle worker.

They should hire Will Wade.
01-25-2024 03:26 PM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

Yeah, we'd have to commit to giving him a good salary off the jump, with a potential of making much more. I'm hoping the Sycamores can't find their way into the NCAA tourney and that he goes under the radar this year for bigger coaching jobs.
01-25-2024 03:27 PM
757ODU Offline
All American

(01-25-2024 03:25 PM)Monarchist13 Wrote:  

They are definitely a mess. Schertz will get an interview at Michigan when that comes open. You can count on that.
01-25-2024 03:27 PM
Advertisement

Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

(01-25-2024 03:24 PM)ODURallyFox Wrote:  

He has some D1 experience.

[Image: Oh3ffaG.png]
01-25-2024 03:29 PM
757ODU Offline
All American

(01-25-2024 03:27 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  

Yeah, we'd have to commit to giving him a good salary off the jump, with a potential of making much more. I'm hoping the Sycamores can't find their way into the NCAA tourney and that he goes under the radar this year for bigger coaching jobs.

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed, and he would likely have a tough time passing on what he has currently built for this job. I would love it, but I don't see it happening.
01-25-2024 03:30 PM
bluelight Offline
1st String

He would be good however,FAU is not doing as well as they did last year. I think Drew has coached several years and has experience. If hired Drew could get help from Blaine (already being paid by ODU). I think Adm13 said it wouldn’t be illegal for his help. I read sometime back, that Drew was predicted to be one of the next top black coaches, in the future. I saw him play many times and was impressed, what a player coach he was on the floor.
01-25-2024 03:31 PM
757ODU Offline
All American

I don't believe Drew will get this job.
01-25-2024 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.