WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dear UM slappy WMU grads
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
Dear UM slappy WMU grads
Please stop celebrating UM's football national title. You are a WMU grad. We all have prior allegiances. But please save your celebrating for our alma mater.

Thank you.
01-09-2024 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

RE: Dear UM slappy WMU grads
I don't really care about U-M winning the natty. Yeah, money and cheating go a long way. Who knew?

It does really bother me when I see people I know on social media cheering for U-M when they have no association with that school and have NEVER supported their own school. I've personally seen it from grads of WMU, CMU, Oakland, Ferris, and others. Imagine a world where everyone actually supported the school that they have some association with. This also applies to the "die hard" fans of P5 schools who never even went to college. It just feels...weird
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024 03:21 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
01-09-2024 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I understand them more than I used to. Even P5 grads often cheer for teams other than their alma mater.

What I don't like or understand is when non P5 alumni are all in with a P5 school & talk down about their own alma mater - even tho they didn't really have a reason to.

I don't care about U Mich winning last night, the way it is, you'd think they win the National Championship every year, it doesn't make a difference if they win or not.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024 03:20 PM by Bronco'14.)
01-09-2024 03:16 PM
sketownguy Offline
2nd String

(01-09-2024 02:50 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  Please stop celebrating UM's football national title. You are a WMU grad. We all have prior allegiances. But please save your celebrating for our alma mater.

Thank you.

When (and if) they give us something to celebrate, I will!
Until then I will also celebrate a team I grew up rooting for.
01-09-2024 03:32 PM
Cocksman Offline
1st String

It’s pretty funny today on social media with all the jabs and asteriks Michigan is getting. It has to be somewhat embarrassing after winning a natty last night. Personally i prefer to be proactive and just award at least half of the natty to Georgia already.
01-09-2024 03:41 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

(01-09-2024 03:32 PM)sketownguy Wrote:  
(01-09-2024 02:50 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  Please stop celebrating UM's football national title. You are a WMU grad. We all have prior allegiances. But please save your celebrating for our alma mater.

Thank you.

It'll never be enough. WMU could win a National Championship & the excuse it'll be U Mich has more. They could win as many as U Mich, the excuse it'll be U Mich did it first. On and on.

I don't buy the 'grew up cheering for them to' excuse either. You don't believe in growing out of things as you get older & get more experiences?
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024 04:02 PM by Bronco'14.)
01-09-2024 03:56 PM
sketownguy Offline
2nd String

(01-09-2024 03:56 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  

Thank you.

It'll never be enough. WMU could win a National Championship & the excuse it'll be U Mich has more. They could win as many as U Mich, the excuse it'll be U Mich did it first. On and on.

I don't buy the 'grew up cheering for them to' excuse either. You don't believe in growing out of things as you get older & get more experiences?

Who wrote the rule that you're only allowed to root for one school or team? As a Detroit Lions fan, I always had a secondary NFL team to root for. I have a favorite Power 5 (now 4) school, a group of 5 school, a D2 school, etc.
If you're waiting for a MAC school to win a National Championship in football, I feel bad for you. Sounds miserable.
01-09-2024 04:27 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
I'm sick of Broncos rooting for the P5 have-it-alls in Michigan. They didn't accept you. You didn't go there. They've done nothing for you. Yet you give them money and your fandom because... reasons? I've seen Broncos rooting for Michigan against WMU.

Unforgivable.
01-09-2024 08:44 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yea I could see if someone's spouse or other relative went to UM so you decided to a be fan also, if you didn't go to a different college that plays major sports. But going to a MAC school and your primary rooting interest is a P5 school? Have a little pride.
01-09-2024 09:35 PM
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

(01-09-2024 08:44 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  I'm sick of Broncos rooting for the P5 have-it-alls in Michigan. They didn't accept you. You didn't go there. They've done nothing for you. Yet you give them money and your fandom because... reasons? I've seen Broncos rooting for Michigan against WMU.

Unforgivable.

Given this was a bit ago, but i distinctly remember seeing UM hockey jerseys on campus when i was getting ready to get on the bus to go to Detroit in 2011 for the CCHA semis.
01-09-2024 11:14 PM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(01-09-2024 03:32 PM)sketownguy Wrote:  When (and if) they give us something to celebrate, I will!

You are a loser
01-10-2024 09:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

Thank you.

That's ok. Some of us grow up, others cling to childish frontrunning.
01-10-2024 12:13 PM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

Nothing worse than a Walmart Wolverine
01-10-2024 12:18 PM
Advertisement

sketownguy Offline
2nd String

I stopped caring about the opinions of people on this forum a long time ago. You all sound like Spartans tbh.
01-10-2024 04:41 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-10-2024 04:41 PM)sketownguy Wrote:  I stopped caring about the opinions of people on this forum a long time ago. You all sound like Spartans tbh.

Then why do you keep reading-replying here?

tbh you sound like a front-runner.

I.e. typical Wolvereenie.
01-10-2024 04:49 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

(01-10-2024 04:41 PM)sketownguy Wrote:  I stopped caring about the opinions of people on this forum a long time ago. You all sound like Spartans tbh.

Have you read the Red Cedar Message Board lately? Spartan fans are acting like it's the end of the world. Its embarrassing.
01-11-2024 08:13 AM
sketownguy Offline
2nd String

(01-11-2024 08:13 AM)Nacho Wrote:  

Have you read the Red Cedar Message Board lately? Spartan fans are acting like it's the end of the world. Its embarrassing.

Lol. I can imagine.
01-11-2024 08:47 AM
Advertisement

Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan

I get all the spartan news I can stand right here on the stampede! What's new with Peyton Thorne these days
01-11-2024 12:21 PM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

(01-11-2024 12:21 PM)Liam9903 Wrote:  

I get all the spartan news I can stand right here on the stampede! What's new with Peyton Thorne these days
Yeah, I'd be interested to know how many of these Bronco fans outraged by Michigan talk root for Sparty.

I know it's not everybody. There are certainly WMU alums who only root for the Broncos. But, most Michiganders grew up rooting for Michigan or Michigan St and continue those allegiances to some degree after they go away to college (or don't).
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024 03:51 PM by BroncoMinor.)
01-11-2024 03:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.