Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[Bonagura] Washington Supreme Court denies request to review the OSU/WSU lawsuit ...
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
[Bonagura] Washington Supreme Court denies request to review the OSU/WSU lawsuit ...
12-15-2023 05:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RUScarlets Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
RE: [Bonagura] Washington Supreme Court denies request to review the OSU/WSU lawsuit ...
Merge the conferences and get some affiliates like Zaga. OreSt should look at the Big 12 for baseball.
12-15-2023 05:24 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
RE: [Bonagura] Washington Supreme Court denies request to review the OSU/WSU lawsuit ...
Big West with football in the MWC. Wait until the ACC gets picked over and push to join.
12-15-2023 05:39 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
I’ve lost track of all the lawsuits..who is this a win for?

Besides the lawyers…
12-15-2023 06:03 PM
teamvsn Online
Special Teams

I Root For: NAIA
This is a win for OSU/WSU. They get control of the PACx by virtue of the conference rule stating that exiting programs have no vote.

This will create a clean "divorce". The exiting teams will settle all issues quickly in order to get their money rather than use lawsuits to get out of the obligations and penalties, and they won't try and cripple the conference and remaining members on their way out.
12-15-2023 06:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Remember the arguments on this board that WSU/OSU didn't have a case? Lol
12-15-2023 07:51 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW

Looks like the 10 departing schools overplayed their hand
12-15-2023 07:55 PM
teamvsn Online
Special Teams

I Root For: NAIA
(12-15-2023 07:51 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Remember the arguments on this board that WSU/OSU didn't have a case? Lol

I didn't see them but I as soon as I found out about that provision I thought it was an open and shut case in favor of WSU/OSU. The rule is clear. Maybe the arguers were confused about whether the PACx could short them on what they're owed? That also is open and shut in favor of those that are leaving.

If they wanted to dissolve the PAC12, they should have had that vote before announcing their departures. But it happened both piecemeal and quickly; there was no time for a grand strategy like that.

But like I said, if there are any real issues remaining there will be a pretty quick settlement so that they can get their money.

I don't think that they overplayed their hand, I think their priority was to land as best media deal as they could. Then iron out the issues - with their lawyers's help - later. Perhaps the lawyers we too optimistic. But no doubt they made some billable hours anyway.

It's also possible the ADs had a poor understanding of the PACx bylaws, or a poor understanding of contract law. Either way, I think their goal was the best future possible, and then get what the could from the remains of the PACx.
12-15-2023 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Can someone provide the actual link? I can't see any of the X/tweets here. Thanks.
12-15-2023 08:43 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
During the court case the Washington lawyer indicated this wasn't their only avenue to getting control.

What if they sue for dissolution in California? I'd be surprised if this was over barring some sort of contract between WSU and those departing that they won't touch certain revenue streams before August.
12-15-2023 08:44 PM
PicksUp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP, Texas
(12-15-2023 07:51 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Remember the arguments on this board that WSU/OSU didn't have a case? Lol

Those were probably the minority. It was clear from the beginning that the departing schools should get the same treatment as USC and UCLA.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023 09:22 PM by PicksUp.)
12-15-2023 09:21 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Still feels like this will end up on the 9th circuit at the federal level
12-15-2023 09:27 PM
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
(12-15-2023 06:03 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  I’ve lost track of all the lawsuits..who is this a win for?

Besides the lawyers…

OSU and WSU. Good for them. I've always said it was stupid for the departing 10 to force this. But they did and lost, as expected. Now they will pay OSU/WSU legal expenses and, perhaps, more damages from drawing this out for so many months.
12-15-2023 09:54 PM
PlayBall! Online
1st String

I Root For: Kansas & Big XII
Good. Now it is time to move forward with cleaning up the Pac-12 messes, and planning for an acquisition of the full MW. Can be completed for 8/2/2024, if all move swiftly in good faith.
12-15-2023 10:39 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(12-15-2023 09:27 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Still feels like this will end up on the 9th circuit at the federal level

California does not have any legs to stand on anymore once none of the schools are a member of the PAC.
12-15-2023 10:51 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(12-15-2023 10:39 PM)PlayBall! Wrote:  Good. Now it is time to move forward with cleaning up the Pac-12 messes, and planning for an acquisition of the full MW. Can be completed for 8/2/2024, if all move swiftly in good faith.

They don't want the MWC to join until July 1, 2026 when the current CFP contracts expire and without a media deal in hand, the MWC won't want to join until the media deal for the merged schools has been agreed to.
12-15-2023 11:54 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

No. I remember a lot of emotional attachment to WSU/OSU and how they could take over and keep every dollar going forward. When anyone challenged that narrative, some of you lost all ability to read and respond rationally.

Fact is that the judge who ruled they had sole voting authority also said nobody could be taken advantage of and he would be watching them.
12-15-2023 11:59 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-15-2023 11:54 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  
(12-15-2023 10:39 PM)PlayBall! Wrote:  Good. Now it is time to move forward with cleaning up the Pac-12 messes, and planning for an acquisition of the full MW. Can be completed for 8/2/2024, if all move swiftly in good faith.

They don't want the MWC to join until July 1, 2026 when the current CFP contracts expire and without a media deal in hand, the MWC won't want to join until the media deal for the merged schools has been agreed to.

Or until they reach an agreement with the CFP Committee that OSU/WSU get treated like Notre Dame for distributions for the next two years. I've not heard anyone opposed to that, only to a 2PAC and MWC12 getting P5 level distributions.
12-16-2023 12:01 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(12-15-2023 11:59 PM)bullet Wrote:  

No. I remember a lot of emotional attachment to WSU/OSU and how they could take over and keep every dollar going forward. When anyone challenged that narrative, some of you lost all ability to read and respond rationally.

Fact is that the judge who ruled they had sole voting authority also said nobody could be taken advantage of and he would be watching them.

That’s….not my recollection of reading the threads. lol

Almost everyone here ended up right.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2023 12:59 AM by IWokeUpLikeThis.)
12-16-2023 12:13 AM
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
(12-15-2023 11:54 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  

That is quite possible. There is an argument that, come 2026, the MWC teams are no longer bound and can leave without penalty. If this is something with legs then those left behind would likely like to settle before they get nothing. It has already been reported that the P2 would prefer to take only the following from the MWC: SDSU, Fresno, UNLV, Boise, CSC and AFA.
12-16-2023 12:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.