Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

State of Florida Launches An Anti-trust Investigation Against CFP Committee For FSU
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
State of Florida Launches An Anti-trust Investigation Against CFP Committee For FSU
Possible Lawsuit Against the CFP And ESPN For Lawsuit Anti-trust Case For FSU's Snub

Let the lawsuits against CFP and ESPN, and maybe against SEC as well.

Disney may have been involved as a strike back against Florida's Governor for his attacks on Disney as well.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2023 03:10 PM by DavidSt.)
12-13-2023 03:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
RE: State of Florida Launches An Anti-trust Investigation Against CFP Committee For FSU
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/12...l-00131356

Here’s another link in case you got the same error I got.
12-13-2023 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Just Joe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bama
RE: State of Florida Launches An Anti-trust Investigation Against CFP Committee For FSU
Dog and pony show. Waste of time and money.
12-13-2023 03:34 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(12-13-2023 03:34 PM)Just Joe Wrote:  Dog and pony show. Waste of time and money.

Disney has been known to do some really stupid sh*t lately, so I wouldnt put it beyond them to have said something to the committee that they are going to regret.
12-13-2023 05:46 PM
clunk Online
2nd String

I Root For: NDSU
(12-13-2023 03:34 PM)Just Joe Wrote:  Dog and pony show. Waste of time and money.
Depends on what turns up in discovery. Disney has a long history of thinking they're above the law(or *are* the law).
12-13-2023 07:55 PM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
(12-13-2023 07:55 PM)clunk Wrote:  
Depends on what turns up in discovery. Disney has a long history of thinking they're above the law(or *are* the law).

Yeah. I think collusion and other antitrust practices are some of college sports’ worst kept secrets. We all know it’s there. But is this kind of spectacle actually looking to formally recognize it and then do something about it?
12-13-2023 08:52 PM
Advertisement

Rube Dali Online
1st String

I Root For: UST, BSU, Minn
Speaking of Floridian Butt-Hurt:

Sorry but we don't want Floridian Butt-Hurt.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2023 09:13 PM by Rube Dali.)
12-13-2023 09:06 PM
PicksUp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP, Texas
If you dont get your way and your feelings get hurt…Cry whine and sue! Its the American way, i guess.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2023 09:41 PM by PicksUp.)
12-13-2023 09:40 PM
PicksUp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP, Texas
If you dont get your way and your feeling get hurt…Cry whine and sue! Its the American way, i guess.
12-13-2023 09:44 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I hope they don't discover the lost document of undefeated power conference champion is auto-bid for CFP.
12-13-2023 10:32 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Tear the evil mouse down. Plus, Disney do own Fox media which includes all the entertainment of Fox OTA tv shows. That means they still have the Big 10 there on the OTA Fox channels.

They might also find why they kept a 13-0 UCF out of the championship playoffs as well.

That is two Florida teams they kept out in favor of Alabama with a lose who never played in the championship game.
12-13-2023 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Just Joe Offline
Special Teams

A grandstanding AG requesting all the documents under the sun is a far cry from actually getting anything, much less there being an actual court case that would involve discovery.

There were 13 people in a room who weren’t incentivized to do anything but pick who they thought were the top 4 teams. If someone really thinks Bob Iger was emailing Boo Corrigan instructions, I’ve got a new tinfoil hat to sell them.
12-13-2023 11:28 PM
Just Joe Offline
Special Teams

(12-13-2023 10:32 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I hope they don't discover the lost document of undefeated power conference champion is auto-bid for CFP.

Exactly. Nothing guarantees the ACC champ gets in anymore than guaranteeing the American champ. I don’t remember FSU going to bat for Central Florida or Cincinnati.
12-13-2023 11:30 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
"With such strict measures taken, the world might get to the bottom of this suspicious selection. The CFP has until December 26 to start answering to the State of Florida. The final deadline for information from the committee is fixed on January 11."

Now that's hubris, even for the state of Florida.

Since when does the selection committee have to answer to them? If I'm the CFP, my response would be similar to that of Gen. McCauliffe when "invited" to surrender his troops at the Battle of the Bulge: "Nuts!" But my response would have two short words instead of one.
12-14-2023 01:14 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(12-14-2023 01:14 PM)ken d Wrote:  "With such strict measures taken, the world might get to the bottom of this suspicious selection. The CFP has until December 26 to start answering to the State of Florida. The final deadline for information from the committee is fixed on January 11."

Now that's hubris, even for the state of Florida.

Since when does the selection committee have to answer to them? If I'm the CFP, my response would be similar to that of Gen. McCauliffe when "invited" to surrender his troops at the Battle of the Bulge: "Nuts!" But my response would have two short words instead of one.

oh well, the playoff is over on January 8. So it's utterly meaningless for FSU. But it looks great for PR, which is all this is. Cheap political meaningless win.
12-14-2023 01:40 PM
unalions Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNA & Bama
Just more political theater from Tallahassee. It's an ongoing series for them.
12-14-2023 02:51 PM
Advertisement

JSchmack Offline
1st String

I Root For: chaos
(12-13-2023 08:52 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  Yeah. I think collusion and other antitrust practices are some of college sports’ worst kept secrets. We all know it’s there. But is this kind of spectacle actually looking to formally recognize it and then do something about it?

It's an open secret that the CFP is nothing but collision to limit the competition. It's a cartel and the NY6 slot and $300,000 are just buying the G5's approval to be a cartel.

So what's (tragically) hilarious is the fact that FLORIDA STATE getting left out is the BEST EVIDENCE EVER that it's NOT an anti-competitive, collusive cartel. Because they left out a cartel member for the same reasons they've always excluded someone outside the cartel.

Florida State fans are making arguments that "It's not like we're Liberty!" but that argument basically boils down to "You're not supposed to be screwing US, we're IN your cartel!"
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2023 04:14 PM by JSchmack.)
12-14-2023 04:13 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
Waste of time. Committee decided FSU without their QB is not a top 4 team. Why they didn't leave out Washington without their defense is what gets me. Georgia would beat Washington by 60 and nobody wanted to bring that up?
12-14-2023 04:17 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(12-13-2023 11:28 PM)Just Joe Wrote:  

A grandstanding AG requesting all the documents under the sun is a far cry from actually getting anything, much less there being an actual court case that would involve discovery.

There were 13 people in a room who weren’t incentivized to do anything but pick who they thought were the top 4 teams. If someone really thinks Bob Iger was emailing Boo Corrigan instructions, I’ve got a new tinfoil hat to sell them.

What if he did?
12-14-2023 04:30 PM
unalions Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNA & Bama
(12-14-2023 04:17 PM)esayem Wrote:  Waste of time. Committee decided FSU without their QB is not a top 4 team. Why they didn't leave out Washington without their defense is what gets me. Georgia would beat Washington by 60 and nobody wanted to bring that up?

Bingo!
12-14-2023 04:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.