Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU @ ODU Saturday Dec 9th
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
JMU @ ODU Saturday Dec 9th
First big game in weeks. You know ODU will be up for this first game of at least 3 with them this year.

Any road SB game will be a decent win, but style points won't hurt if we can get them.
12-05-2023 08:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Halz87 Offline
1st String

RE: JMU @ ODU Saturday Dec 9th
always look forward to this game and will be there with a few fellow alums.
With last week's sleeper of a game I'm hoping that the team doesn't get "caught" reading their press clippings and their new poll number. ODU always comes to play. I hope we are focused and don't give them a chance to pull the upset.

Also curious to see how By works the lineup. He has a ton of options and has stated he is trying different combinations up to this point. Great problem to have...
12-05-2023 09:00 AM
jmu98 Offline
All American

ODU is 223 in the NET so this would be a quadrant 3 win. Not great but better than Q4. Need some SBC teams other than App to finish OOC strong to improve their rankings.
12-05-2023 09:33 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
This is a rivalry game and the last real chance for an opponent to knock off JMu until Sun Belt play starts. The remaining 3 teams are an abysmal 300+

ODU will be pissed after losing 4 straight games to JMU.
The arena is close to sold out so get your tix if you are coming to Norfolk. Dukes Bench is behind sections 113 and 114.

When is the last time ODU beat a ranked team? You know Jones would love to add another notch with his program in the doldrums.

The Dukes play a 3-pack Vs ODU this year. There will be no ties in the series. Either one team sweeps all 3 or it ends up 2-1. ODU has the advantage with 2 of 3 being at their place.
12-05-2023 09:49 AM
CarRamrod Offline
1st String

(12-05-2023 09:33 AM)jmu98 Wrote:  ODU is 223 in the NET so this would be a quadrant 3 win. Not great but better than Q4. Need some SBC teams other than App to finish OOC strong to improve their rankings.

There's no beating around the bush on this, outside of JMU and App, the Sun Belt was atrocious in non-conference play, some losses against really bad competition.
12-05-2023 09:53 AM
Dukes_Royals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison University
(12-05-2023 09:53 AM)CarRamrod Wrote:  
(12-05-2023 09:33 AM)jmu98 Wrote:  ODU is 223 in the NET so this would be a quadrant 3 win. Not great but better than Q4. Need some SBC teams other than App to finish OOC strong to improve their rankings.

There's no beating around the bush on this, outside of JMU and App, the Sun Belt was atrocious in non-conference play, some losses against really bad competition.

The good thing is both us and App still have a chance at an at-large as long as we don't slip up in conference play. Harder done then said, but that is the only hope for Sun Belt basketball this year.
12-05-2023 09:58 AM
Advertisement

MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(12-05-2023 09:49 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  When is the last time ODU beat a ranked team? You know Jones would love to add another notch with his program in the doldrums.

2019 season at Syracuse. Believe they were in the high teens at the time. It's been a while.

Hoping for a good game. For those making the trip - hope you have a good time (but not too good) 04-cheers
12-06-2023 01:35 PM
bobbyjmu Offline
Special Teams

Bump- Looking for another victory for the Dukes in this "non-conference" game. Let's Go 9 and 0
12-08-2023 02:28 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
Need to utterly wax odu. Apparently for the net ranking there is a similar bump for winning a high net rank team and winning a low net rank by a very substantial margin.

boat race them and keep climbing the polls and the NET
12-08-2023 02:35 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-08-2023 02:35 PM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  Need to utterly wax odu. Apparently for the net ranking there is a similar bump for winning a high net rank team and winning a low net rank by a very substantial margin.

boat race them and keep climbing the polls and the NET

Yep ... as long as we beat all the SBC teams by wide margins, our NET can continue to improve regardless of the opponents rank.

No mercy, the scoreboard matters if we want an at large or good seed.
12-08-2023 02:48 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

This game is going to be physical with Jones style of coaching. If you can’t compete with skill and athleticism, then foul the schit out of the opponent and hope the refs only call it half the time. Then complain vociferously if your team has more fouls than the opponent. Never mind the fact that you are actually fouling more than your opponent.

The monarchs are a wounded animal at 2-5 and the program is probably disgusted and embarrassed with 4 straight losses to the Dukes.
Last year Derricko Williams tried to instigate a fight multiple times and fatboy Jason Wade was more interested in tackle basketball than playing the game.
They are back and we can expect more of the same from the goon duo. I would love to see Jaylen Carey mix it up with them. No punches, but some good hip checks and pointy elbows from the big guy.

There are less than 350 tickets left for the game so this one will sellout and I’m sure the crowd will be well lubed, plenty raucous, their breath will stink, their pits will reek, and they’ll be in full mouthbreather mode. You know, just the normal ODU fans.

The Dukes won’t face another crowd this large or this hostile for the rest of the year. Need to beat ODU, the crowd, and the refs then cruise into a MEAC round robin schedule until Sun Belt play starts.

#18 James Madison 79
Old Dumb-Minion 75
12-08-2023 03:11 PM
Advertisement

All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt

Interestingly enough right now our Southern Illinois has a higher NET than Michigan State and both are considered Quad 2 at the moment. Hopefully MSU can get their S together as we need them to jump up 13 spots to make it a Quad 1 win.
12-08-2023 03:13 PM
Dukester Offline

(12-08-2023 03:11 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  This game is going to be physical with Jones style of coaching. If you can’t compete with skill and athleticism, then foul the schit out of the opponent and hope the refs only call it half the time. Then complain vociferously if your team has more fouls than the opponent. Never mind the fact that you are actually fouling more than your opponent.

The monarchs are a wounded animal at 2-5 and the program is probably disgusted and embarrassed with 4 straight losses to the Dukes.
Last year Derricko Williams tried to instigate a fight multiple times and fatboy Jason Wade was more interested in tackle basketball than playing the game.
They are back and we can expect more of the same from the goon duo. I would love to see Jaylen Carey mix it up with them. No punches, but some good hip checks and pointy elbows from the big guy.

There are less than 350 tickets left for the game so this one will sellout and I’m sure the crowd will be well lubed, plenty raucous, their breath will stink, their pits will reek, and they’ll be in full mouthbreather mode. You know, just the normal ODU fans.

The Dukes won’t face another crowd this large or this hostile for the rest of the year. Need to beat ODU, the crowd, and the refs then cruise into a MEAC round robin schedule until Sun Belt play starts.

#18 James Madison 79
Old Dumb-Minion 75

This is there biggest game of the year for them to date, including their game at ranked Arkansas.
12-08-2023 04:08 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

On a somber note, ODU’s long-time coach Paul Webb passed away yesterday.
I’m sure they will honor him at the game tonight and he deserves it in front of a packed house.
I can remember watching him coach back in the days of the ECAC South and that was my first exposure to conference games against James Madison.

RIP coach
12-09-2023 09:43 AM
Dukenfk Offline
Water Engineer

(12-09-2023 09:43 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  On a somber note, ODU’s long-time coach Paul Webb passed away yesterday.
I’m sure they will honor him at the game tonight and he deserves it in front of a packed house.
I can remember watching him coach back in the days of the ECAC South and that was my first exposure to conference games against James Madison.

RIP coach

I think there will be a lot of local Dukes who will appreciate that. If you were a kid who played any level of basketball here in the last 40+ years, you went to a Paul Webb camp and had a blast. He is a local legend and had a huge impact on the community.
12-09-2023 10:01 AM
Purple Offline
Heisman

We are going to run their asses off!

Dawgs 85
Old dumb*** 72

KICK 'DEY ASS!!

01-donnankungfu
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2023 01:10 PM by Purple.)
12-09-2023 01:10 PM
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Sun Belt had some ugly losses today. Sheesh. The league blows this year. Terrible timing with JMU having a strong team that could beat some good teams this year.

Dukes need to start fast tonight so the crowd doesn’t become a factor. If ODU is in it to start the second half it will be a close one. They need the 6th man to prop up their crappy team.

It looks like Wade lost at least 40 lbs. I’m sure his repaired knees are thanking him. We will see if he has any skill left
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2023 06:55 PM by Hart Foundation.)
12-09-2023 06:25 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

ODU sucks and JMU is the greatest.
12-09-2023 07:07 PM
14SemesterDuke Offline
1st String

How did we get bickerstaff???
12-09-2023 07:09 PM
TheDudeWithTheJMUTat Offline
Special Teams

This is the worst production I’ve ever seen. And that includes Flo Sports
12-09-2023 07:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.