ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Thread: WKU vs. ODU - Famous Toastery Bowl December 18th 2:30 PM - ESPN
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
I'm done with hoops threads after Saturday's debacle, but have to keep the football streak going, I suppose.
12-04-2023 08:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blue_Trombone Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Game Thread: WKU vs. ODU - Famous Toastery Bowl December 18th 2:30 PM - ESPN
Score more points than the opposing team in the allotted time.
12-04-2023 08:49 AM
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

I watched their LU game. They hit them for some explosive plays. Our secondary will have their hands full.

Currently WKU -1.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 09:08 AM by Chillie Willie.)
12-04-2023 09:02 AM
Big Bluezilla Offline
All American

New episode! Join the fellas as they talk about undefeated @ODU_WBB, @ODU_MBB, @ODUFootball going to the @FamousToastery_ Bowl, the transfer portal, thick ham sandwiches, heated jackets & so much more!

https://odumonarchists.com/monarchists-p...edonbowls/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-04-2023 09:09 AM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

RE: Game Thread: WKU vs. ODU - Famous Toastery Bowl December 18th 2:30 PM - ESPN
(12-04-2023 09:02 AM)Chillie Willie Wrote:  I watched their LU game. They hit them for some explosive plays. Our secondary will have their hands full.

Currently WKU -1.

Yep. Can't play soft and at the same time can't draw too many flags. We will miss JH real bad in this one. Hopefully the kid that played as backup in GaSt game will step up like he did in that game.
12-04-2023 09:16 AM
BigDun Offline
Water Engineer

(12-04-2023 09:16 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(12-04-2023 09:02 AM)Chillie Willie Wrote:  I watched their LU game. They hit them for some explosive plays. Our secondary will have their hands full.

Currently WKU -1.

Yep. Can't play soft and at the same time can't draw too many flags. We will miss JH real bad in this one. Hopefully the kid that played as backup in GaSt game will step up like he did in that game.

Koa Naotala.....AKA Troy Polamalu
12-04-2023 09:20 AM
Advertisement

BigDun Offline
Water Engineer

We watched Koa on special teams. Every time he made a play, we'd yell "POLAMALU!!!!!" He killed it when JH went down. Redshirt freshman....I think we are in good hands!

And any time Sanchez lines up for a kick, we affectionately refer to him as "Ol' Dirty"
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 09:26 AM by BigDun.)
12-04-2023 09:25 AM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
Keeping in mind that our defense will, by design, give the MLB a LOT of opportunities, Koa Naotala is going to be something special in his own right.

04-cheers
12-04-2023 09:29 AM
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

(12-04-2023 09:25 AM)BigDun Wrote:  We watched Koa on special teams. Every time he made a play, we'd yell "POLAMALU!!!!!" He killed it when JH went down. Redshirt freshman....I think we are in good hands!

And any time Sanchez lines up for a kick, we affectionately refer to him as "Ol' Dirty"
We might need him to play like Troy.
12-04-2023 09:31 AM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

Saw where a WKU fan claims they've been hit by the portal hard too, but I haven't looked to see how bad. And some folks are claiming the guys hitting the portal on their squads are still playing in the bowls, so hard to know who we will face. Knowing Rahne, Im surprised he didnt keep everyone on the website roster if for no other reason than to throw of the the competition and make them prep for them too.
12-04-2023 09:41 AM
bit_9 Offline

(12-04-2023 09:41 AM)monarx Wrote:  Saw where a WKU fan claims they've been hit by the portal hard too, but I haven't looked to see how bad. And some folks are claiming the guys hitting the portal on their squads are still playing in the bowls, so hard to know who we will face. Knowing Rahne, Im surprised he didnt keep everyone on the website roster if for no other reason than to throw of the the competition and make them prep for them too.

https://www.on3.com/college/western-kent...ball/2024/

9 listed here and a lot of 3 and 4* guys heading out.
12-04-2023 09:44 AM
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(12-04-2023 09:20 AM)BigDun Wrote:  
(12-04-2023 09:16 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

Currently WKU -1.

Koa Naotala.....AKA Troy Polamalu

Yeah that's him Koa. That Polamalu reference struck hard esp as a steeler fan. He does look the part 04-cheers As someone who occasionally does Famping/Glamping i love me some KOA and their top notch cabins. Go Koa and KOA.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 09:59 AM by 12thmonarch.)
12-04-2023 09:54 AM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
WKU, Ouch.

So far, we haven't been hit particularly hard in the Portal
Terry Jones was the only major hit so far, and he had graduated anyway. Grad transfers have always been a "thing", so in his case the Portal is irrelevant.

Harvey is a bit of a loss, but he had developed the 'dropsies' and was still, statistically, our 3rd receiver behind Murphy and Williams.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 10:07 AM by ODUalum78.)
12-04-2023 10:00 AM
Old Dominion Online
Heisman

I would call Harvey "inconsistent".
12-04-2023 10:22 AM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

(12-04-2023 10:00 AM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  WKU, Ouch.

Terry Jones was the only major hit so far, and he had graduated anyway. Grad transfers have always been a "thing", so in his case the Portal is irrelevant.

Harvey is a bit of a loss, but he had developed the 'dropsies' and was still, statistically, our 3rd receiver behind Murphy and Williams.

This was discussed on the main SB board. I wonder if once these guys start getting contacted mid-season with their salary offers to transfer, they stop caring as much about their current season. Its hard to give your all and do your best for your current employer when you know you're moving on soon. Maybe that's why Javon went from great to having the "dropsies"
12-04-2023 10:32 AM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

WKU is the one team from C USA I can say I honestly miss. Football & Basketball. Glad we get to play them..
12-04-2023 10:36 AM
Advertisement

Stat Geek Offline
Heisman

(12-04-2023 10:32 AM)monarx Wrote:  

This was discussed on the main SB board. I wonder if once these guys start getting contacted mid-season with their salary offers to transfer, they stop caring as much about their current season. Its hard to give your all and do your best for your current employer when you know you're moving on soon. Maybe that's why Javon went from great to having the "dropsies"

If I was the P5 team and saw a player quit on his team, I would pull the offer immediately. We all know Terry Jones had heard from teams, but he still played his butt off as he should
12-04-2023 11:13 AM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

(12-04-2023 11:13 AM)Stat Geek Wrote:  
(12-04-2023 10:32 AM)monarx Wrote:  

If I was the P5 team and saw a player quit on his team, I would pull the offer immediately. We all know Terry Jones had heard from teams, but he still played his butt off as he should

Wasnt referring to Jones, and not even saying the guys would intentionally do that. But subconsciously its hard to stay focused and do your best when you've got one foot out the door already. I really think they need to make the portal a spring thing only. Open it right after spring practice.
12-04-2023 11:23 AM
djnva Offline
All American

Currently WKU -1.

I'm seeing ODU -1 now, with an O/U of 55.5
12-04-2023 11:38 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

Currently WKU -1.

Hearing their QB and their top WR will opt out of the bowl game. 07-coffee3
12-04-2023 11:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.