WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Braden Fiske
WMU2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
Braden Fiske
Braden Fiske likely seals it with the Seminoles’ 7th sack of the night.

He has 9 tackles and 3 sacks tonight for FSU.

Congratulations to our former Bronco on a great game.
12-02-2023 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cocksman Offline
1st String

RE: Braden Fiske
He hit a grand slam in his portal decision.

I hate to see it though for future MAC players
12-02-2023 11:59 PM
Broncos83 Online
All American

Fiske was a beast during tonight’s game. The announcers raved about him. Still think undefeated Florida State gets left out of the playoff.
12-02-2023 11:59 PM
Cocksman Offline
1st String

(12-02-2023 11:59 PM)Broncos83 Wrote:  Fiske was a beast during tonight’s game. The announcers raved about him. Still think undefeated Florida State gets left out of the playoff.

Yeah it’s too bad but I agree FSU will be left out and it’s not Fiske and the defenses fault cause they are great. Offense couldn’t get a first down until late in first half.
12-03-2023 12:17 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I’d like FSU to be out because they’d barely be a speed bump for UM. But I can’t see them leaving an undefeated Power 5 team out.
12-03-2023 08:36 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

13-0 FSU out. A bit surprised (but not upset).
12-03-2023 12:36 PM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

(12-03-2023 12:36 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  13-0 FSU out. A bit surprised (but not upset).

I think it's absolutely f*cked that a P5 conference champ can go undefeated and be left out of the playoffs. I don't care about SoS or margin of victory or whose starting QB is injured. It's just messed up for those guys that worked their butts off and won every game in front of them. They did everything they were supposed to do. Why even play the games if it's just going to be a popularity contest?

I don't think they would win a natty, especially with their injuries at QB. I just don't see how the committee can justify not giving them a chance.
12-03-2023 01:04 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Congrats to Fiske on a great season though, he balled out last night. Can't wait to watch him in the NFL. I just hope he remembers where he came from and gives props to WMU, the only FBS team to give him a chance out of HS.
12-03-2023 01:07 PM
Cocksman Offline
1st String

(12-03-2023 01:04 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  
(12-03-2023 12:36 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  13-0 FSU out. A bit surprised (but not upset).

I think it's absolutely f*cked that a P5 conference champ can go undefeated and be left out of the playoffs. I don't care about SoS or margin of victory or whose starting QB is injured. It's just messed up for those guys that worked their butts off and won every game in front of them. They did everything they were supposed to do. Why even play the games if it's just going to be a popularity contest?

I don't think they would win a natty, especially with their injuries at QB. I just don't see how the committee can justify not giving them a chance.

If the playoff is a reward then Free Shoes U is in. But I believe it’s supposed to be the best 4 teams. You said you don’t think they could win a natty with that injury. I agree. FSU is not one of the 4 best right now. They had a chance for a few weeks to show they would not fall off on offense.
12-03-2023 01:26 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(12-03-2023 01:26 PM)Cocksman Wrote:  

If the playoff is a reward then Free Shoes U is in. But I believe it’s supposed to be the best 4 teams. You said you don’t think they could win a natty with that injury. I agree. FSU is not one of the 4 best right now. They had a chance for a few weeks to show they would not fall off on offense.

They won their games. That's all they can do. I don't like the subjectivity of it all.
12-03-2023 01:29 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

After being a G5 fanatic for so long I thought you’d be used to it CA!
12-03-2023 02:57 PM
Advertisement

WesternDave Online
1st String

(12-03-2023 01:29 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  
(12-03-2023 01:26 PM)Cocksman Wrote:  

They won their games. That's all they can do. I don't like the subjectivity of it all.

College hockey is one of the few sports that get playoffs correct. No smoke filled rooms, just cold hard math. (or meth if you're a NoDak fan).
12-03-2023 04:35 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:They won their games. That's all they can do. I don't like the subjectivity of it all.

Well, to be fair -- objectively speaking, FSU isn't a Top 4 team right now. That said, yeah, they shouldn't leave an undefeated P5 Conf champ out of the 4-team playoff while inviting 2 1L teams -- just the same as they shouldn't leave an undefeated G5 Conf champ out of the NYE bowls, when the other G5 champs have 2L. FSU did 'earn' a spot, even if they aren't a good team right now.

Quote:College hockey is one of the few sports that get playoffs correct. No smoke filled rooms, just cold hard math. (or meth if you're a NoDak fan).

Well, good news is CFB isn't going to have a 4-team playoff anymore; it's going to be everyone good enough to be in a NYE bowl going (12 team playoff).

No P5 team will have room to complain about earning their way in, being #12 or #13 in the nation and not slipping in. The only WTF I could see, and I'm sure at some point in the future we will see, is an undefeated G5 Conf champ ranked in the teens, not going due to another G5 champ at 1L with a key win & stronger SoS, ranked just above them. Which is why I would prefer if they took the Top 5 Conf Champs (5, since the P12 is gone) -- but also any other conf champ as an auto-bid if they're undefeated + ranked #18 or better. I say #18 because it takes 12 teams, and 50% of that further down as the max level to go below that for anyone undefeated.

Rarely would that happen, having a G5 Champ ranked higher than #18 and a #17/18 G5 Champ being undefeated below them. It wouldn't encourage a purposely weak SoS, as Liberty with a poor SoS rightfully wouldn't have made it this year to said proposed rules, if Tulane won the AAC.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023 05:10 PM by toddjnsn.)
12-03-2023 05:10 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
Next year is the Big Ten-SEC Invitational.

5 SEC, 4 Big Ten, 1 ACC/B12/G5.
12-03-2023 07:44 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I don't agree with leaving FSU out. I admit it'll probably be better for competitiveness (and ultimately entertainment value) of the playoffs, but it's not right.

Having said that I hope Bama destroys Michigan.
12-03-2023 08:06 PM
WesternDave Online
1st String

(12-03-2023 07:44 PM)bronconick Wrote:  Next year is the Big Ten-SEC Invitational.

5 SEC, 4 Big Ten, 1 ACC/B12/G5.

Might still have time to change the rules to remove the ACC/B12/G5 component. And certainly in 10 years the SEC and B10 will have finished breaking away from the rest to have their own insular schedules and playoffs.
12-03-2023 08:09 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I don't have an opinion either way about Florida St this year, but Ohio St getting in last year wasn't right

I guess I do have an opinion: Florida St is seeing what an undefeated G5 would see. They're getting a taste of their own medicine. Why s/ I have sympathy for them when an undefeated G5 would be treated the same way?
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023 08:15 PM by Bronco'14.)
12-03-2023 08:12 PM
Cocksman Offline
1st String

(12-03-2023 08:12 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  I don't have an opinion either way about Florida St this year, but Ohio St getting in last year wasn't right

TCU was the more questionable seed. In the end they were right putting Ohio state in. They were a basically a stroke of midnight second from a natty.
12-03-2023 08:53 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:I guess I do have an opinion: Florida St is seeing what an undefeated G5 would see. They're getting a taste of their own medicine. Why s/ I have sympathy for them when an undefeated G5 would be treated the same way?

I think it's because it's different. Kind of like Liberty not going to NYE vs another G5 champ with 1L but an inarguably tougher SoS that's not narrow by any means. That was SoS -- the Florida State one wasn't so much SoS even though it wasn't as strong, being the ACC, but what did it is because they're a different team.

I get their POV on it. You're a different team without your star as a QB who made your team what it was -- and the last two games without him, demonstrated that.

If one can't cry foul over them getting a #5 seed vs #4 seed if this were the 12-team playoff of next year because of that -- one can't cry foul for them being left out, since it goes by rankings.

So I see both legit sides to it -- all it does is make it apparent that 12-team playoff for all the big bowls, should have cµm sooner.
12-06-2023 01:56 AM
WMU_Grad2016 Offline
Bench Warmer

12-11-2023 08:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.