11-30-2023 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
RE: SBR Clemson defeats Bama - 85-77
Worse.

We were better than them. Now we’ve imploded only a few games later. WTF happened.
11-30-2023 01:16 PM
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
(11-30-2023 01:16 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Worse.

We were better than them. Now we’ve imploded only a few games later. WTF happened.

It's game with an inexperienced group. It takes time for team consistency to gel. Everyone needs to stop overreacting. But, that's probably to much to expect in this extreme reactionary society we live in now.
11-30-2023 07:16 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-30-2023 07:16 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  
(11-30-2023 01:16 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Worse.

It's game with an inexperienced group. It takes time for team consistency to gel. Everyone needs to stop overreacting. But, that's probably to much to expect in this extreme reactionary society we live in now.

How asinine. How do you not react to the worst home loss in the AK era to what is considered a no name team (yes I know they’re good this year).
11-30-2023 07:35 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Way to paint with broad brush too. Make sure to tell the kids to get off your lawn while you’re at it.
11-30-2023 07:52 PM
Advertisement

BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

Agreed. We shouldn't need time to "gel" to beat McNeese freakin State. We have the supposed "AAC Player of the Year" on our roster and some of the best JUCO transfers in the country, and we're losing to this team?! Meanwhile FAfreakinU is beating top 25 teams left and right.
11-30-2023 08:07 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(11-30-2023 08:07 PM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  Agreed. We shouldn't need time to "gel" to beat McNeese freakin State. We have the supposed "AAC Player of the Year" on our roster and some of the best JUCO transfers in the country, and we're losing to this team?! Meanwhile FAfreakinU is beating top 25 teams left and right.

FAU kept a roster together. Unfortunately, the history surrounding great Juco players is rather spotty when it comes to playing D1 ball. Coleman is a perfect example of what can happen. In no world did I ever see Gaines winning player of the year. He’s a good player, but in this conference I think making an all conference team is the ceiling.
12-01-2023 08:15 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(11-30-2023 08:07 PM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  Agreed. We shouldn't need time to "gel" to beat McNeese freakin State. We have the supposed "AAC Player of the Year" on our roster and some of the best JUCO transfers in the country, and we're losing to this team?! Meanwhile FAfreakinU is beating top 25 teams left and right.

Wells was shooting 24% from 3 at TCU last year, Collum at CSU-Bakersfield and Cooper in juco. They looked pretty gelled to me.

The end-game quitting is pretty alarming.
12-01-2023 09:46 AM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

The back court with McNeese was riding Gaines hard the whole game especially when he turned it over or missed..

in second half, Gaines drove the lane and they swatted the ball away and he fell down and i heard a player on their bench yell from the other side of the court "Get that weak sh*t outta here!"

they really roughed up our backcourt...

They played like auburn or those old Huggy Cincinnati teams....prison ball....

And it didn't hurt they had made 10+ layups and drilling open 3s. the 1-3-1 is great until it breaks down or the opponent passes it beyond the 3 man line.
12-01-2023 10:22 AM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2023 09:46 AM)58-56 Wrote:  

Wells was shooting 24% from 3 at TCU last year, Collum at CSU-Bakersfield and Cooper in juco. They looked pretty gelled to me.

The end game quitting is super alarming. We’d been in nothing but close games so far, and mcneese was a really close game
Until we just imploded and quit.

If you’ve been down in every single game this year, made comebacks, and fought so hard against some legitimately good teams, how do you just quit like that??

Gaines doesn’t have the personality to be a vocal leader of the team I don’t think. Will it be JD? Someone needs to step TF up bc that was unacceptable.
12-01-2023 10:35 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2023 10:22 AM)THE_LEGEND Wrote:  The back court with McNeese was riding Gaines hard the whole game especially when he turned it over or missed..

in second half, Gaines drove the lane and they swatted the ball away and he fell down and i heard a player on their bench yell from the other side of the court "Get that weak sh*t outta here!"

And it didn't hurt they had made 10+ layups and drilling open 3s. the 1-3-1 is great until it breaks down or the opponent passes it beyond the 3 man line.

Times like that are when it’d be nice if Gaines wasn’t so waifishly thin he gets blown over by a strong wind. But he didn’t think it was important to get a little bigger or stronger over the off-season apparently.

His career shooting %s bear it out. He is too skinny and weak to finish through contact. Sure he can touch the ceiling on dunks on a wide open pick six dunk with no one around, but can you make a layup when someone makes contact with you in the lane?
12-01-2023 10:38 AM
Rell Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Alabama-Birmingham
(12-01-2023 10:35 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  

The end game quitting is super alarming. We’d been in nothing but close games so far, and mcneese was a really close game

If you’ve been down in every single game this year, made comebacks, and fought so hard against some legitimately good teams, how do you just quit like that??

Gaines doesn’t have the personality to be a vocal leader of the team I don’t think. Will it be JD? Someone needs to step TF up bc that was unacceptable.

Tony Toney is the calming factor....
12-01-2023 11:53 AM
Rell Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Alabama-Birmingham
(12-01-2023 10:22 AM)THE_LEGEND Wrote:  The back court with McNeese was riding Gaines hard the whole game especially when he turned it over or missed..

I prefer the ol box and one myself
12-01-2023 11:57 AM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up

Yep. I want to know why the implosion occurred this game. What was the difference this time? Sometimes things go poorly in any sport. Quitting is alarming.
12-01-2023 12:39 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2023 12:39 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

Yep. I want to know why the implosion occurred this game. What was the difference this time? Sometimes things go poorly in any sport. Quitting is alarming.

Yep. I don't have a real grip with losing to McNeese - they are good. Do I think we should lose to them at home, no, but we're not perfect and we will drop some games to good teams.

that being said, QUITTING, letting the other team show boat on our court with an undefended off the backboard alley oop, and getting beat by over 20 is really alarming.
12-01-2023 12:51 PM
MAN4UAB Offline
All American

Hopefully, whatever happened gets corrected tonight.
12-01-2023 01:08 PM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

12-01-2023 01:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.