Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC Crowds and Fifth Third Arena
Bookmark and Share
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
MyBB UC Crowds and Fifth Third Arena

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023 10:55 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
11-22-2023 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

RE: Fifth Third Arena and UC Crowds

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023 10:54 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
11-22-2023 10:52 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: UC Crowds and Fifth Third Arena
Thanksgiving Eve is a tough night to get a big crowd. The student who frequent the games are usually not from Cincinnati itself, and they have mostly gone home for the holiday. I'm sure many other regulars are also traveling or hosting relatives tonight.

11-22-2023 11:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

11-23-2023 07:33 PM
Fubar2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: 1819
I’d have to agree when it’s rocking it’s as good as anywhere

11-27-2023 10:32 AM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Too bad we don't play Zavier at home this year.

11-27-2023 01:07 PM
Advertisement

Cal1362 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
DonatorsDonators
(11-27-2023 01:07 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Too bad we don't play Zavier at home this year.

Although I would like to have "that team" at Fifth Third this year, I absolutely love the idea of a Big 12 tested and talent laden Bearcat team getting X at home next year. The football streak against Miami ended this year, here's hoping to starting an equally dominant hoops streak against "that other team in Cincy" here very soon.

11-27-2023 01:27 PM
Tim Biddle Away
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati baby!
It's a great place to watch a game. It just feels like basketball. When the fans are cheering there is nothing better. But they're only going to cheer for a really good team. A really good team can really make the crowd come alive with energy. The crowd at the last game had energy because the team played great.

11-27-2023 01:50 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(11-27-2023 01:27 PM)Cal1362 Wrote:  
(11-27-2023 01:07 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Too bad we don't play Zavier at home this year.

Although I would like to have "that team" at Fifth Third this year, I absolutely love the idea of a Big 12 tested and talent laden Bearcat team getting X at home next year. The football streak against Miami ended this year, here's hoping to starting an equally dominant hoops streak against "that other team in Cincy" here very soon.

It seems as rare for X to lose in Cintas as it used to be for UC to lose in Nippert. I haven't watched a minute of X (nor do I care to) so I can't judge their team this year. Other than hearing on a sports talk show that they lost maybe four starters from last season which would suggest a rebuild.

Of late, it seems Wes is doing better attracting blue chip local players than Sean Miller. A small sample size for sure but that's a trend I predict will continue. I've always wondered if the NCAA keeps a closer eye on coaches such as Sean Miller who have had a history of past transgressions.

11-27-2023 01:58 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

01-09-2024 10:07 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Looked great. I'm still a little surprised it was 1,000 butts short of a sell out.

01-09-2024 10:12 PM
Advertisement

Cal1362 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
DonatorsDonators
(01-09-2024 10:07 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  

would love to have one of those 13k-15k arenas with another 1000 or 1500 students like some of the arenas we'll be visiting in the Big XII. But last night was great to see/hear

01-10-2024 08:47 AM
Z-Fly Offline
1st String

The upper deck sucks. I was in row 15 and felt like I was on the moon. If you are sitting in the bleachers, you are probably better off staying home. I'm not sure why they did it that way. I have a 10 game pack with the Pacers. The second deck there makes you feel like your right in the action.

I only bring it up, because I think that's going to be the issue with sellouts. There is just no real reason to sit up top in the bleachers. They probably should have simply removed those seats.

01-10-2024 09:08 AM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

(01-10-2024 09:08 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  The upper deck sucks. I was in row 15 and felt like I was on the moon. If you are sitting in the bleachers, you are probably better off staying home. I'm not sure why they did it that way. I have a 10 game pack with the Pacers. The second deck there makes you feel like your right in the action.

I only bring it up, because I think that's going to be the issue with sellouts. There is just no real reason to sit up top in the bleachers. They probably should have simply removed those seats.

The Pacers arena is one of the best places to watch a basketball game in the world so that is not a fair comparison. Indiana is the birthplace of hoops and the fieldhouse that their professional team plays in embodies that.

Fifth Third Arena was originally built with government funds to be a multi-purpose arena. What they were able to accomplish with the remodel is amazing. Unfortunately, with the limitations of the existing footprint of the building, that means most of the capacity of the arena is in the upper decks. So while the last 15 rows may stink, I wouldn't say that's a blanket statement about the entire upper deck.

The diehards sit in the upper deck and I love it.

01-10-2024 11:06 AM
The Big O Offline
Special Teams

(01-10-2024 11:06 AM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  
(01-10-2024 09:08 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  The upper deck sucks. I was in row 15 and felt like I was on the moon. If you are sitting in the bleachers, you are probably better off staying home. I'm not sure why they did it that way. I have a 10 game pack with the Pacers. The second deck there makes you feel like your right in the action.

The Pacers arena is one of the best places to watch a basketball game in the world so that is not a fair comparison. Indiana is the birthplace of hoops and the fieldhouse that their professional team plays in embodies that.

Fifth Third Arena was originally built with government funds to be a multi-purpose arena. What they were able to accomplish with the remodel is amazing. Unfortunately, with the limitations of the existing footprint of the building, that means most of the capacity of the arena is in the upper decks. So while the last 15 rows may stink, I wouldn't say that's a blanket statement about the entire upper deck.

The diehards sit in the upper deck and I love it.

Agreed, any upper deck seat with a seat back is still a really good seat. I bought my season tickets in row 13 in one of the corners and have been really happy with the seats.

01-10-2024 11:29 AM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats

I was at a Pacers game last week, in the upper deck, 8th row. Felt more like on the moon than 8th row second level in Shoemaker.

01-10-2024 11:46 AM
Advertisement

Z-Fly Offline
1st String

(01-10-2024 11:46 AM)bww Wrote:  

I was at a Pacers game last week, in the upper deck, 8th row. Felt more like on the moon than 8th row second level in Shoemaker.

Well that would be the 3rd deck, not the second. 2nd deck to 2nd deck is miles apart.

I like arena. Don't get me wrong. I'm just commenting on the issues on selling out the events. The chairs with the backs are doable. Once you get into the bleachers, it's not really even worth going. Hard to argue otherwise.

01-10-2024 01:14 PM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
okay, I get it. 2nd level at Gainbridge is equal to first 15 rows at the Shoe in second level.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024 02:59 PM by bww.)
01-10-2024 01:24 PM
Z-Fly Offline
1st String

I don't think you do, but that's ok.

01-10-2024 01:33 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

So UC spends four times the original cost of Shoemaker Center to create a state of the art collegiate basketball facility and people are complaining about the top six rows? They're called the cheap seats for a reason. Reducing capacity enabled a new design that created an additional level of concourses, more space, wider aisles, more concessions, more and better restrooms plus superior graphic design aesthetics throughout. It's easily a top ten arena now.

I was a guest of a colleague in Rupp Arena years ago and those top rows were bleachers and so far from the court it was about like watching out the window of a plane. Having said all that, I was still disappointed that the place wasn't filled to 12,012 last night. If top bleachers aren't consistently being sold, release those to student overflow six hours before tipoff and have 12,000 + for every Big 12 headliner game.

01-10-2024 01:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.