TV: ESPN+ (USA) | WAC International
11-13-2023 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
RE: WAC MEN'S BASKETBALL WEEK #2
No way to message you IT but know I appreciate the hard work of putting the various schedules into the summary above. I always read and plan around your posts both for in person attendance and for TV games to watch. Thank you for your post.
11-13-2023 03:09 PM
Lopes87 Online
1st String

I Root For: GCU
Looks like there are maybe 10 for sure W's a few toss ups and the rest look like automatic L's. Hope we as a league break even this week!
11-13-2023 03:22 PM
Outsider Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
Both PVAM and SJSU should be interesting match-ups and get us ready for the Paradise Jam. I like our chances with PVAM. SJSU should push us a little more, but if we stay aggressive, I think we should be going into the Caribbean 2-1 and walking away from the 1st game 3-1. SJSU is a good opening game for the Jam. Wish I was there...
11-13-2023 05:14 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
A lot of away games and guarantee pay outs. Win some and there will be some statements.
11-13-2023 06:14 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

Now if the games were in the BVI, I would want to go there. The USVI is a bit dangerous, except maybe St. Johns. It is not a place to wander around in. I told some of the guys to stay together within their hotel and event boundaries. We quit chartering out of the USVI due to the danger. Actually, I hope I am wrong and that things have greatly improved.
11-13-2023 07:20 PM
Advertisement

DZ1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU
Going out on a limb and predicting the WAC goes 18-9

Wins
SFA vs. Northwestern State (Won 96-70)
ACU vs. Prairie View A&M
Utah Valley at Charlotte
Seattle at Northern Arizona
ACU vs San Jose State (Paradise Jam)
Utah Tech at Youngstown State
CBU vs. Portland State
Grand Canyon vs. San Francisco (Desert Diamond)
ACU vs. Fordham or Norfolk State (Paradise Jam)
ACU vs. Hampton/Kent State/Missouri State or Florida Gulf Coast (Paradise Jam)
Utah Tech at Lake Erie College
CBU vs. St. Thomas
SFA vs. Loyola Marymount (Cayman Classic)
Utah Valley vs. Southern Mississippi (Jacksonville Classic)
CBU vs. Cal Poly
Utah Valley vs. Cal St. Fullerton or Cornell (Jacksonville Classic)
Tarleton State at Austin Peay
UTRGV vs. North American University

Losses
Southern Utah at Utah State
Tarleton State at Bradley
UTRGV at TCU
UT Arlington at New Mexico
UTRGV at Oklahoma
Seattle at VCU
UT Arlington at Arizona
SFA vs. Drake (Cayman Classic) *Assumes Drake beats Oakland & SFA beats LM
Grand Canyon vs. South Carolina (Desert Diamond) *Assumes South Carolina beats Depaul and GCU beats San Francisco
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2023 12:02 AM by DZ1.)
11-14-2023 12:01 AM
Heisman

I think the UTA v New Mexico will be closer than expected.
11-14-2023 05:09 PM
edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
Not a great night for the WAC.

Prairie View wins with a bunch of starters missing. Maybe they shouldn't be the starters.
11-14-2023 10:15 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

PV put on an athletic show. They made 33 out of 34 free throws. We have not seen officials like the group tonight. Our pressing defense was just not allowed. PV is the most athletic team I have seen in Moody in a long time.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2023 07:58 PM by RCI.)
11-14-2023 10:35 PM
Outsider Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
(11-14-2023 10:35 PM)RCI Wrote:  PV put on an athletic show. They made 33 our of 34 free throws. We have not seen officials like the group tonight. Our pressing defense was just not allowed. PV is the most athletic team I have seen in Moody in a long time.

The refs were not good, but we didn't adjust and when PV pressed us back we didn't make shots. We made bad decisions too many times. The loss was on us as much as the win was on PVAM. Pretty sad opening for the men after such a great start in Oklahoma. I saw similar issues with us when we played NC State. It doesn't bode well for us if we don't correct these things.
11-14-2023 11:20 PM
Advertisement

Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tarleton Baylor
I was shocked to see ACU lose to PVAM! Tarleton lost badly to Bradley, but I was not expecting a win on that one, but thought it would be closer. Bradley is a really good team and can shoot those 3's. They already took down Utah State and UAB, both of which are quality teams. I do not know if we are just not that good or if Bradley is way better than they get credit for, or perhaps a combo of the 2.
11-15-2023 01:18 AM
Heisman

Bradley is usually quite a good team. They help make the MVC one of the better conferences.

As for ACU, this is what I was referencing in the last thread. It was nice to get that OSU win. But the Cowboys are not a good team. If we want to elevate the conference to one of the better one like the MVC, we need to have better expectations when one of our teams play a bottom-dwelling P5. It's not common for SWAC schools to win in November and December.
11-15-2023 01:33 AM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

(11-13-2023 03:22 PM)Lopes87 Wrote:  Looks like there are maybe 10 for sure W's a few toss ups and the rest look like automatic L's. Hope we as a league break even this week!

I am inclined to agree with that assessment. the poster who said 18-9 I think severely overestimates this years teams.

GCU and SFA are fairly good but after that it is a bunch of question marks. Seattle, maybe, but I have seen Utah Valley and they are taken a HUGE step down from where they were last year. SUU also has a new coach and a completely new team so I am not expecting a lot from them either. Not sure what to think of ACU right now, maybe Ok St put a hex on them or something who knows, but scratching my head as to how they beat Ok St in Stillwater and lose to a SWAC team at Moody. Tarleton is about the same as last year a little better or worse not sure. We have a few more talented players than we did last year but lost our most talented guy in F. Hicks which offsets the net gain. Cal Baptist has not played anyone of note to get a gauge of where they are at in the race. UTa thinks they are world beaters for taking down a horrid Oral Roberts squad that lost everyone including their coach from last years team. ORU did beat the all powerful Mid American Christian Evangels by 5 points so I guess they might be world beaters! 03-yawn So UTa Stinks as well. UTRGV is probably at/near the bottom with UTa. RPI wise most of the teams in the WAC are looking at 200-300 range. GCU, SFA, and Seattle being in the 100-200 range. Overall a big step down from last year. If I had to rank them in order I would go

1. GCU
2. SFA
3. Seattle
4. Cal Baptist
5. ACU
6. Tarleton
7. SUU
8. UVU
9. UTU
10. UTRGV
11. UTA
11-15-2023 03:39 AM
edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
(11-15-2023 03:39 AM)Spolovilo4EVER Wrote:  
(11-13-2023 03:22 PM)Lopes87 Wrote:  Looks like there are maybe 10 for sure W's a few toss ups and the rest look like automatic L's. Hope we as a league break even this week!

I am inclined to agree with that assessment. the poster who said 18-9 I think severely overestimates this years teams.

GCU and SFA are fairly good but after that it is a bunch of question marks. Seattle, maybe, but I have seen Utah Valley and they are taken a HUGE step down from where they were last year. SUU also has a new coach and a completely new team so I am not expecting a lot from them either. Not sure what to think of ACU right now, maybe Ok St put a hex on them or something who knows, but scratching my head as to how they beat Ok St in Stillwater and lose to a SWAC team at Moody. Tarleton is about the same as last year a little better or worse not sure. We have a few more talented players than we did last year but lost our most talented guy in F. Hicks which offsets the net gain. Cal Baptist has not played anyone of note to get a gauge of where they are at in the race. UTa thinks they are world beaters for taking down a horrid Oral Roberts squad that lost everyone including their coach from last years team. ORU did beat the all powerful Mid American Christian Evangels by 5 points so I guess they might be world beaters! 03-yawn So UTa Stinks as well. UTRGV is probably at/near the bottom with UTa. RPI wise most of the teams in the WAC are looking at 200-300 range. GCU, SFA, and Seattle being in the 100-200 range. Overall a big step down from last year. If I had to rank them in order I would go

1. GCU
2. SFA
3. Seattle
4. Cal Baptist
5. ACU
6. Tarleton
7. SUU
8. UVU
9. UTU
10. UTRGV
11. UTA

OK, you're just pot stirring putting UTA at #11.

SUU and UTRGV have not won any D1 games at all, but at least SUU kept it close with Utah State for a while.

GCU and Seattle are the only teams that have won both their D1 games, but Seattle just barely held off Montana State.

OSU may be a bottom-dwelling P5 but nevertheless, any P5 is going to maintain some baseline level of respectability and decent recruiting from year-to-year, which you can't be sure of with ORU / The Summit. So I still think it's the better win. But then PVAMU...

1. GCU
2. Seattle
3. ACU/UTA/UVU/SFA/CBU/Tarleton/UTU
10. SUU
11. UTRGV
11-15-2023 10:12 AM
Heisman

1. GCU
2. SFA
3. Seattle
4. Cal Baptist
5. ACU
6. Tarleton
7. SUU
8. UVU
9. UTU
10. UTRGV
11. UTA

Didn’t want to believe me then, but OSU is not a good team. Didn’t see them losing to a SWAC school, but beating OSU wasn’t a program defining win.

As for UTA, throw all the shade you want. It has no bearing on our fandom. Good news is the court will settle these things out.
11-15-2023 04:51 PM
Advertisement

TexanFan Online
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton

1. GCU
2. SFA
3. Seattle
4. Cal Baptist
5. ACU
6. Tarleton
7. SUU
8. UVU
9. UTU
10. UTRGV
11. UTA

For me right now, Tarleton is closer to the bottom than UTA.
11-15-2023 05:02 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

Getting excited now about baseball..............
11-15-2023 07:06 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
(11-15-2023 07:06 PM)RCI Wrote:  Getting excited now about baseball..............

For us Tarleton fans, it’s women’s tennis.
11-15-2023 07:09 PM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

(11-15-2023 05:02 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  

1. GCU
2. SFA
3. Seattle
4. Cal Baptist
5. ACU
6. Tarleton
7. SUU
8. UVU
9. UTU
10. UTRGV
11. UTA

For me right now, Tarleton is closer to the bottom than UTA.

You have to look at the level of competition. Virginia and Bradley are both borderline top 25 teams. We dominated the weaker teams. UTA faces UNM and Arizona next two games. Lets see how they fair and those 2 and then get back to me.
11-15-2023 07:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.