Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arkansas State Fans I Need Advice.
Bookmark and Share
Cajuns1252 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
Arkansas State Fans I Need Advice.
stAte fans I’m sure y’all hate Arkansas as much as I hate LSU, but I let my pettiness get the best of me. I’m currently getting my masters online and the only university in Louisiana that offer the degree I wanted was LSU, but i refused to have a degree from there. So in a few semesters I’ll be graduating from the University of Arkansas and plan on going for graduation, is there any places that are an absolute must see, go eat at, do, specific places to stay, etc?
11-06-2023 09:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Arkansas State Fans I Need Advice.
(11-06-2023 09:46 PM)Cajuns1252 Wrote:  stAte fans I’m sure y’all hate Arkansas as much as I hate LSU, but I let my pettiness get the best of me. I’m currently getting my masters online and the only university in Louisiana that offer the degree I wanted was LSU, but i refused to have a degree from there. So in a few semesters I’ll be graduating from the University of Arkansas and plan on going for graduation, is there any places that are an absolute must see, go eat at, do, specific places to stay, etc?

The Ozarks itself is beautiful. You just have to get out of the dump that is Fayetteville to experience it. And Harrison, stay away from Harrison.
11-06-2023 09:49 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
We hate them more, I’m sure.
LSU actually produces good teams. The pigs suck at everything (except track), and think they hung the moon.

The Passion Play in Eureka Springs is worth the trip. Beautiful scenery along the way.
11-06-2023 09:54 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

What do you like to do? Because if it's outdoors, you're in the right place. Buffalo river float should be on that list if you do like that kind of stuff. Mountain biking is huge in that corner of the state. If you're a foodie there's plenty of that around as well.
11-06-2023 09:56 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

Branson is fairly close if you have kids. Silver Dollar City is great for the kids…and adults too.
The Shepherd of the Hills is another good play (in Branson). I’ve seen it many times. First time was about 45 years ago.
11-06-2023 10:08 PM
Advertisement

Cajuns1252 Offline
Special Teams

(11-06-2023 09:49 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-06-2023 09:46 PM)Cajuns1252 Wrote:  stAte fans I’m sure y’all hate Arkansas as much as I hate LSU, but I let my pettiness get the best of me. I’m currently getting my masters online and the only university in Louisiana that offer the degree I wanted was LSU, but i refused to have a degree from there. So in a few semesters I’ll be graduating from the University of Arkansas and plan on going for graduation, is there any places that are an absolute must see, go eat at, do, specific places to stay, etc?

The Ozarks itself is beautiful. You just have to get out of the dump that is Fayetteville to experience it. And Harrison, stay away from Harrison.

Is Fayetteville really that bad? I was hoping it would be decent.
11-06-2023 10:19 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

Nope, it's not bad. We just hate them that much. What are your interests?
11-06-2023 10:20 PM
Cajuns1252 Offline
Special Teams

(11-06-2023 09:56 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  What do you like to do? Because if it's outdoors, you're in the right place. Buffalo river float should be on that list if you do like that kind of stuff. Mountain biking is huge in that corner of the state. If you're a foodie there's plenty of that around as well.

If it was completely up to me I’d be looking for every outdoor activity and sports bar in the area, but I’ll have my wife and kids with me. So I’m looking to see what options are out there.
11-06-2023 10:22 PM
Cajuns1252 Offline
Special Teams

(11-06-2023 10:20 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Nope, it's not bad. We just hate them that much. What are your interests?

Lol that’s how I feel about Baton Rouge. I’ll have my wife and possibly my kids with me so we’ll be looking for a mix of things, good restaurants, places to grab a drink at, but also family friendly things if the kiddos make the trip.
11-06-2023 10:25 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

Go to Bentonville and visit Crystal Bridges. It's been called the most important new art museum to open in the past 50 years. Focused on American art and you absolutely will recognize a lot of the paintings. It's serious big time ****. Depending on where you stay it'll be 20 or 30 minute drive.

If you are driving you almost certainly will be going through Fort Smith. It has the National Historic Park around the old courthouse that was used by "Hanging" Judge Isaac Parker. If you are a fan of True Grit, and how the hell can you be an American and not love that novel, it's where the story starts. Also the National US Marshalls Museum has recently opened in Fort Smith.

If a Civil War history buff, you've got Pea Ridge National Battlefield. Some call it Gettysburg of the west because ended Confederate chances of taking Missouri. Just outside of Bentonville.

Oh and Rogers as the Daisy BB gun museum.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023 10:32 PM by arkstfan.)
11-06-2023 10:30 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

For family friendly I can't do much better than what arkstfan said. But Crystal Bridges should be a solid yes. The main public museum is worth it but find out what their featured exhibit is. I'm on old photojournalist and I just got back from seeing the Annie Leibovitz exhibit. Worth the extra $$ in my opinion. It might be gone by the time you get there but they have rotating exhibits. Wright's BBQ if you like that kind of thing.
11-06-2023 10:37 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(11-06-2023 10:37 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  For family friendly I can't do much better than what arkstfan said. But Crystal Bridges should be a solid yes. The main public museum is worth it but find out what their featured exhibit is. I'm on old photojournalist and I just got back from seeing the Annie Leibovitz exhibit. Worth the extra $$ in my opinion. It might be gone by the time you get there but they have rotating exhibits. Wright's BBQ if you like that kind of thing.

Holy crap forgot about that exhibit. Need to get up there.

It's a 3 1/2 hour drive for me and we've been at least six different times. Crystal Bridges is awesome.
11-06-2023 10:39 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-06-2023 10:19 PM)Cajuns1252 Wrote:  

No, its fine. Admittedly I think there's more to do in the Rogers/Bentonville area, Faytteville is what it is, a college town.
11-06-2023 10:49 PM
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

I'm not sure what time of year you'll be there but they also have a nice minor league park. Good place to take in a game.
11-07-2023 08:52 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-07-2023 08:52 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  I'm not sure what time of year you'll be there but they also have a nice minor league park. Good place to take in a game.

He'll be there in December, so that's out
11-07-2023 09:07 AM
Cajuns1252 Offline
Special Teams

(11-07-2023 09:07 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-07-2023 08:52 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  I'm not sure what time of year you'll be there but they also have a nice minor league park. Good place to take in a game.

He'll be there in December, so that's out

I’ll actually be there next May.
11-07-2023 09:16 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Oh forgot. In Fort Smith, the city welcome center is near the National Monument located in Miss Laura’s which was a brothel at the time. Free to visit. Pretty interesting and sometimes have staff member dressed up as Miss Laura for your tour.
11-07-2023 09:24 AM
Advertisement

sksmith1026 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SOUTHERN MISS
(11-06-2023 10:08 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Branson is fairly close if you have kids. Silver Dollar City is great for the kids…and adults too.
The Shepherd of the Hills is another good play (in Branson). I’ve seen it many times. First time was about 45 years ago.

THIS
11-07-2023 10:01 AM
sksmith1026 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SOUTHERN MISS

Certainly not a stAte fan but live in Arkansas, Crystal Bridges is a Must. NW Arkansas is Great for good food and War Eagle Mill.
11-07-2023 10:04 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(11-06-2023 10:19 PM)Cajuns1252 Wrote:  

I haven't spent more than like 6 hours there but it sure seemed pretty dang nice when me and my dad went up there to watch us play the hogs in basketball a few years ago.
11-07-2023 10:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.