Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chicago State at Bowling Green
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Chicago State at Bowling Green
A lot of familiar faces for me as an NMSU fan. Todd Simon, BG’s coach coached at Southern Utah in the WAC and brought along his best big man Spurgeon. Also Rashuan Agee who has 10 for BG is a former NMSU Aggie.

As for this game, Chicago State is making it to the rim (a lot) and not finishing. Offensive rebounding has been mostly non existent, in part because people are clearing out for the guy with the ball so much.

Defensive rebounding had been pretty good, but the defense itself hasn’t been spectacular.

I feel like the calls haven’t gone Chicagos way in several cases. But those will hopefully balance out. But a lot of those missed shots on drives have had fouls that haven’t been called. A majority of them I would say. There is no way Chicago has missed 7-9 contested shots in the lane and have never been the line once.

The announcing for BGSU and production isn’t good. But it’s ESPN plus so I’ve come to expect that. It wouldn’t be that way if the game was at Chicago, but that’s another topic.
11-06-2023 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

RE: Chicago State at Bowling Green
Second half was a disaster. BG defense shut Chicago State down. With so few points scored, defense could only do so much and it go ugly. But not every team Chicago State will play will have a 7 foot guy with this much experience either.

With that said, I could see Bowling Green winning a decent amount of games this season. They do have a first year coach, but they have a lot of talent on the team and Todd Simon has won a ton of games in his time.

Still a big disappointment for a season opener. Not what I had hoped for or expected.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023 11:48 PM by Todor.)
11-06-2023 11:47 PM
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in how they showed up in this one. But they were without Kedrick Green, the Bewley twins, and Tehshaundre Cole. Green and Cole are both really solid players and I’m hoping they’re healthy this year. No mention as to why they were out. We should know more about the Bewley’s next week.. a few games in but hopefully that’s it.

Looking for a better performance tonight at home.
11-09-2023 06:55 PM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

(11-09-2023 06:55 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in how they showed up in this one. But they were without Kedrick Green, the Bewley twins, and Tehshaundre Cole. Green and Cole are both really solid players and I’m hoping they’re healthy this year. No mention as to why they were out. We should know more about the Bewley’s next week.. a few games in but hopefully that’s it.

You think a decision will be made on the Bewleys that soon? Even if it’s a no, it’s better to know.

I watched Rob Dillingham playing for Kentucky when New Mexico State played there a couple days ago.

If you don’t know, he also came out of the same league the Bewleys were in. But he’s eligible. How, I don’t know. But UK itself is a good place to start looking…. just saying.
11-09-2023 07:12 PM
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
(11-09-2023 07:12 PM)Todor Wrote:  
(11-09-2023 06:55 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in how they showed up in this one. But they were without Kedrick Green, the Bewley twins, and Tehshaundre Cole. Green and Cole are both really solid players and I’m hoping they’re healthy this year. No mention as to why they were out. We should know more about the Bewley’s next week.. a few games in but hopefully that’s it.

You think a decision will be made on the Bewleys that soon? Even if it’s a no, it’s better to know.

I watched Rob Dillingham playing for Kentucky when New Mexico State played there a couple days ago.

If you don’t know, he also came out of the same league the Bewleys were in. But he’s eligible. How, I don’t know. But UK itself is a good place to start looking…. just saying.

There’s a hearing for a preliminary injunction on Tuesday so that’s the only way we could see the pair being able to play while the suit is pending. Guess we’ll see soon!

Yeah, I saw he came from the same program and was ruled eligible. Same with a player for Stanford(?) I believe too.
11-09-2023 08:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.