Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

24-TEAM MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE ("PAC-2" - MWC - WAC - ASUN)
Bookmark and Share
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!
Exclamation 24-TEAM MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE ("PAC-2" - MWC - WAC - ASUN)
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2023 11:03 AM by Itinerant Texan.)
10-31-2023 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
RE: 24-TEAM MWC
This proposal has been out since soon after the PAC lost most of their members but this is the first time I have seen other schools listed not currently in the PAC or MW.

Lots of hoops to get through, but a very original and unique idea.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023 02:35 PM by TexanFan.)
10-31-2023 02:33 PM
Outsider Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
There would be a lot to unpack...
10-31-2023 03:27 PM
TardisCaptain Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Starfleet Acdmy
What the heck is this?

I don't have access to the full article behind the paywall. Can someone give me a quick rundown?
10-31-2023 04:24 PM
Advertisement

TexanFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
Basically a 12 team PAC and a 12 team MWC as a football only conference. Teams would move between the two conferences depending on winning and losing. The number of teams moving hasn’t been determined but I will use two for my example. The bottom two teams in the PAC would move down to the MW and the top two teams in the MW would move up to the PAC every year. Again this is for football only. Olympics sports would be in conferences based on geographical means and teams would not move.

The tweet lists multiple schools, both PAC schools, all MW schools as well as western schools from the AAC, CUSA and the UAC as possible participants in this venture. I believe there are 34 schools listed in the tweet.
10-31-2023 04:55 PM
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!
RE: 24-TEAM MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE (PAC 12 - MWC - WAC - ASUN)
Oliver Luck is playing chess and everyone else is playing checkers......

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/pac-...liver-luck

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...k-asun-wac
10-31-2023 11:07 PM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tarleton Baylor
RE: 24-TEAM MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE ("PAC-2" - MWC - WAC - ASUN)
I am surprised, even shocked to see WAC/ASUN teams on the list. Tarleton/SFA/ACU might have a slim chance, but highly doubtful on the ASUN schools. The Utah schools are geographically closer but do not have adequate facilities/support to move to FBS. I am shocked that some BIG SKY schools and the Dakota's are not on the list. I would have thought Montana/ Montana State/ Idaho + 4 Dakota schools ( at least NDSU/SDSU) Would have easily made the list as well as Sac State and Portland St. Also wondering if the CTZ AAC schools would even be interested in that venture.
11-05-2023 04:42 PM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
RE: 24-TEAM MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE ("PAC-2" - MWC - WAC - ASUN)
(11-05-2023 04:42 PM)Spolovilo4EVER Wrote:  I am surprised, even shocked to see WAC/ASUN teams on the list. Tarleton/SFA/ACU might have a slim chance, but highly doubtful on the ASUN schools. The Utah schools are geographically closer but do not have adequate facilities/support to move to FBS. I am shocked that some BIG SKY schools and the Dakota's are not on the list. I would have thought Montana/ Montana State/ Idaho + 4 Dakota schools ( at least NDSU/SDSU) Would have easily made the list as well as Sac State and Portland St. Also wondering if the CTZ AAC schools would even be interested in that venture.

none of those wac/asun teams would be considered by any pac12 school a peer and most likely the mountain west schools would feel the same. probably the mwc would beg to be brought into the pac. it would be a bitter pill for oregon state and washington state but that way they would still get the unpaid ncaa revenue. IMHO
11-05-2023 10:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.