Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Should the SBC declare JMU eligible for the Conference Championship?
Yes
No
Pineapple belongs on Pizza!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Time for the Sun Belt to take a stand?
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Pretty simple question really. While JMU remains "ineligible" for a bowl game because of archaic rules, the Sun Belt is free this year to make its own call

Assuming JMU wins the SBC East, should the SBC make them eligible to play in the SBC Championship game?

Yes, that would mean we forfeit our chance at an access bowl spot this year, but its not like anyone else in the league has a realistic chance.
10-19-2023 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: Time for the Sun Belt to take a stand?
I was told since we have a CCG transitioning teams aren't eligible for the title and the league has no discretion over that. Is that true?
10-19-2023 09:43 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
When does the decision need to be made? It's only the halfway point of the season and JMU still has 4 league games.
10-19-2023 09:45 PM
WARDAWG93 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
While I want to say "yes" they absolutely deserve it, I have to say "no". Unfortunately I would be viewed as thumbing our nose at the system and could end up costing one of our other bowl eligible teams a bid. About 49% of me says F it and give those men what they've earned but the ramifications could be worse.
10-19-2023 09:47 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
Yes. If they earn it let them play.
10-19-2023 09:47 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
The Belt has not made a decision yet on us and the championship game.

They are waiting it out to see what happens.

Which is smart.
Lots of football left. No need to make the call now
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2023 09:52 PM by Duke Dawg.)
10-19-2023 09:51 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(10-19-2023 09:43 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I was told since we have a CCG transitioning teams aren't eligible for the title and the league has no discretion over that. Is that true?

That would be a strange rule because it would apply to only football. Several D1 basketball leagues have let ineligible teams play and win their conference tournaments.
10-19-2023 09:54 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
Vote doesn’t have to be made before mid-November. Lots of football to play, and we didn’t exactly set the world on fire tonight.

Revisit in 3 week and see where things stand. Oddly, this whole thing might generate more publicity for the SBC if it remains undecided.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2023 09:56 PM by JMU2004.)
10-19-2023 09:55 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(10-19-2023 09:45 PM)TealNation Wrote:  When does the decision need to be made? It's only the halfway point of the season and JMU still has 4 league games.

There's no actual rush. Something only needs to be decided once JMU clinches the best record in the East. At present, that should be around the App game.
10-19-2023 09:56 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
Anybody else have JMU vote against their school being able to play for conference titles in the past? Just us? Probably GSU too I imagine. I feel for the players, JMU can suck it though.
10-19-2023 09:56 PM
HarborPointe Online
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
If they finish undefeated, let them play for the title and force the issue should they win it.

If the NCAA doesn’t change their mind, so what? At least we gave them and our conference a chance. What are they going to do, hit JMU with a Level 10 Ultimate Super Duper No?
10-19-2023 09:57 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(10-19-2023 09:56 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  Anybody else have JMU vote against their school being able to play for conference titles in the past? Just us? Probably GSU too I imagine. I feel for the players, JMU can suck it though.

See ya in a week or so, sweet pea.

Get the boys prepped to play a full 60 minutes.

Will Razor be joining you with the other dozens of fans?
10-19-2023 10:05 PM
BnG_Jacket Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU, Marshall, WVSU
If they went undefeated and didn't have anything to show for it at the end of the season, I'd feel ripped off for them.

I'd say to make an appeal of some kind. I doubt the Sun Belt will, but I do think that they should.
10-19-2023 10:10 PM
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
(10-19-2023 09:56 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  Anybody else have JMU vote against their school being able to play for conference titles in the past? Just us? Probably GSU too I imagine. I feel for the players, JMU can suck it though.

You are such a salty little b*tch
10-19-2023 10:13 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(10-19-2023 10:13 PM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  

If JMU has a chance of making the NY6 and no other SB team reasonably does then by all means let’s do what’s best for the conference. But you princesses aren’t special. We’ve been where you are, so has App & GS. Congrats on the win, that’s a good team. I would change the rule if I could , the players deserve it but can’t pull too much sympathy for the fans or admin.
10-19-2023 10:19 PM
Yosef181 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
Pineapple belongs on pizza. Great mix of sweet and savory.
10-19-2023 10:22 PM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
(10-19-2023 10:19 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

If JMU has a chance of making the NY6 and no other SB team reasonably does then by all means let’s do what’s best for the conference. But you princesses aren’t special. We’ve been where you are, so has App & GS. Congrats on the win, that’s a good team. I would change the rule if I could , the players deserve it but can’t pull too much sympathy for the fans or admin.

We do have a different president now, for what it's worth. But yeah, I get it. We are special though dammit.
10-19-2023 10:23 PM
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!

You guys have been 7-0 and ranked?!?
10-19-2023 10:25 PM
We Are the Dukes of JMU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU

I don't think the NCAA should just grant JMU a waiver. I think they should grant JMU, JSU, and SHSU (moot point) a waiver and then later remove the rule completely. I think it's only fair to treat all second year reclassifying teams the same.

If we're bowl eligible and 12-0, then allowing JMU to play in the CCG is a pragmatic choice that could benefit all of the SBC. Even if we're behind AF and Tulane, they could lose their CCGs. If JMU has a shot at a NY6 bowl, the conference would be crazy to not take that shot.
10-19-2023 10:30 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(10-19-2023 10:25 PM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  

You guys have been 7-0 and ranked?!?

When JMU decided we didn’t deserve a conference title. Yep. Finished the year 11-1 and 2nd or 3rd in FCS at the end of the regular season. We were also denied bowl eligibility our second year of transition. Look, if your waiver had been granted this wouldn’t be a question. Sorry the NCAA sucks. But seeing how that’s out of anyone’s hands within the conference then, no. Do your time and try again next year. You want to piss your panties because I brought up the irony of the situation then the floor is yours.
10-19-2023 10:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.