Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Fan Video from P5 Game
Bookmark and Share
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
OT: Fan Video from P5 Game
I saw a video from the aftermath of the Ole Miss-LSU game.

A fan rushed the field.. I'd say he was probably intoxicated.. He was yelling acting like it was his first buzz, and struck a 300 lb LSU DT. The player put him on his hind end.. As soon as the player was restrained and far enough away the fan continued to taunt.

Take out the conference and the game.. If this happened at a Sun Belt game, who would you think should be punished? The fan or the player? Unfortunately I believe the ax will fall on the player because he's easily identifiable and should be more composed, but I hope something really bad happens to the fan.

Found the video:

https://www.on3.com/news/lsu-tigers-defe...-storming/
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2023 08:43 AM by gdunn.)
10-02-2023 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EvilGaryKubiak Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Texas State
RE: OT: Fan Video from P5 Game
Player is gonna get punished but I agree with you that fan should have something coming his way as well. It's situations like this why there are huge fines for rushing the field/court and think it will eventually stop happening and thats a shame, one of those unique things in college athletics. Rushing the field is one thing but the second you lay hands or interact in any way with an opposing player, you should be history. Trespassing ticket at minimum, depending on the situation think suspension/expulsion from school if a student is warranted.
10-02-2023 08:43 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(10-02-2023 08:43 AM)EvilGaryKubiak Wrote:  Player is gonna get punished but I agree with you that fan should have something coming his way as well. It's situations like this why there are huge fines for rushing the field/court and think it will eventually stop happening and thats a shame, one of those unique things in college athletics. Rushing the field is one thing but the second you lay hands or interact in any way with an opposing player, you should be history. Trespassing ticket at minimum, depending on the situation think suspension/expulsion from school if a student is warranted.

I don't know what you can do, it's not like you can ban him for life, all he has to do is get a buddy get him a tix and get in that way...

I know OP is fined $100k already for their fans storming the field, which is nothing for OP Athletics.
10-02-2023 08:44 AM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
It was an accident. Soon as the LSU player became combative it became a coaches problem. Let the coach handle it. It’s on him now. Fans will be fans.
10-02-2023 10:08 AM
Herdfan1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Herd
Not sure how they turned out, but I've seen a few instances of players helping security wrangle a drunkie on the field..If you're gonna hit the mountain, you deserve the avalanche..
10-02-2023 10:31 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
(10-02-2023 10:08 AM)Oldyeller Wrote:  It was an accident. Soon as the LSU player became combative it became a coaches problem. Let the coach handle it. It’s on him now. Fans will be fans.

That was no accident. The little punk is lucky.
10-02-2023 11:09 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(10-02-2023 10:08 AM)Oldyeller Wrote:  It was an accident. Soon as the LSU player became combative it became a coaches problem. Let the coach handle it. It’s on him now. Fans will be fans.
I disagree.. But that's why I posted this, so we can discuss. 04-cheers
10-02-2023 11:12 AM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte
LSU player was wrong, but the fan shouldn't be there in the first place.
If you punish the fan, you'd have to punish the other several thousand that rushed the field too. He shouldn't be singled out. But I don't think he should be eligible to press charges against LSU player, unless he suffered significant bodily harm.

I'd be fine if LSU player gets slight punishment like 1-game suspension.
10-02-2023 11:16 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(10-02-2023 11:16 AM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  LSU player was wrong, but the fan shouldn't be there in the first place.
If you punish the fan, you'd have to punish the other several thousand that rushed the field too. He shouldn't be singled out. But I don't think he should be eligible to press charges against LSU player, unless he suffered significant bodily harm.

I think that's too much.. The kid struck him first and then tried to provoke him further. I do agree with trying to single out the fan would be difficult.

If anything give the player probation.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2023 11:20 AM by gdunn.)
10-02-2023 11:19 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
(10-02-2023 11:16 AM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  LSU player was wrong, but the fan shouldn't be there in the first place.

If you jump in the lions cage don’t get mad when the lion rips your head off.
10-02-2023 11:30 AM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte
(10-02-2023 11:19 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

I think that's too much.. The kid struck him first and then tried to provoke him further. I do agree with trying to single out the fan would be difficult.

I'd be fine with that too. Just don't think it should be more severe than 1-game.
10-02-2023 11:46 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(10-02-2023 11:46 AM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  
(10-02-2023 11:19 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

I'd be fine with that too. Just don't think it should be more severe than 1-game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the kid didn't try to sue.
10-02-2023 12:05 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Ole Miss was fined 100K for violation of the SEC's "Somehow stop thousands of drunk college kids from storming the field" rule
10-02-2023 12:27 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
Once the video was reviewed by school administrators and if I were I one of them, my first thought would be "these little shts cost us 100k and the one yelling 'Pu$$y!' at he opposing player doesn't need to be here anymore." Further antagonizing the situation is the key, imo. If he'd apologized and the player still came at him that's a different story, altogether.

See how many games he wants to attend in the future as an expelled student of Ole Miss. Needs to be an example made and this guy is the poster child. The player should be reprimanded and that's pretty much it.
10-02-2023 05:01 PM
flowoodeagle Offline
Water Engineer

I realize it was a very emotional game, but why did Ole Miss even rush the field?
They were ranked number 20 and they beat number 13. It’s not like they were unranked and beat the number 2 team in the country.
10-02-2023 05:09 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
That was a nothing burger. The player, without much effort, could have snapped the guy in half. Easily argue that he acted defensively when someone rushed him. He didn’t know the guy’s intention. For a guy that big what he did qualifies as a gentle push.
10-02-2023 07:32 PM
Advertisement

Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-02-2023 05:01 PM)MUther Wrote:  Once the video was reviewed by school administrators and if I were I one of them, my first thought would be "these little shts cost us 100k and the one yelling 'Pu$$y!' at he opposing player doesn't need to be here anymore." Further antagonizing the situation is the key, imo. If he'd apologized and the player still came at him that's a different story, altogether.

See how many games he wants to attend in the future as an expelled student of Ole Miss. Needs to be an example made and this guy is the poster child. The player should be reprimanded and that's pretty much it.

I didn't hear the fan calling the player names. So that's not cool. The kid needs an ars whoopin but he didn't bump into the guy on purpose. He was distracted and likely intoxicated. The player should not have aggressively pushed the guy. Maybe hold him up by his ears until the authorities could handle the situation. The player showed his ars and likely suffers the consequences. The player is the ambassador not some fan.
10-02-2023 07:44 PM
Herd-in-ATL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marshall, UGA
Fans don't belong on the field. So I have no problem with the LSU player redirecting the Ole Miss fan.
10-02-2023 09:00 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

You can’t say with 100% certainty from that video, but I don’t think the Rebel Ray Watts ran into the player on purpose. Even so, if you initiate contact with a player on the field, especially while yelling “F*** [your school]!” you deserve to get knocked on you a**. I get the whole “representative of the university, be the bigger man” angle, but that stops the instant somebody touches you.

I’d give the student a ban from all athletic events for the remainder of the academic year (though as somebody else said, I’m not sure exactly how you go about enforcing it) for being a negligent dumbf***. I’d give the player a high five.
10-02-2023 10:20 PM
T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
If fans can rush the field, which I'm generally fine with, then players should have qualified immunity to punch at least one of them if physically provoked.
10-02-2023 10:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.