Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fun OOC Scheduling with New Conferences
tigergatorcyclone Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Florida, Iowa State, Mem
Fun OOC Scheduling with New Conferences
As the American continues to lose teams, if we are able to stay at an 8 game conference schedule, it’d be awesome if we could lock in 2-for-1s with Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and MSU.

In a 13 game schedule, imagine if we had 8 conference games, 4 locked in games (UA, UTK, OM, MSU) and one easy win like a Bethune Cookman.

Then we could draw Year 1: Tennessee, Year 2: Ole Miss, and Year 3: Arkansas and MSU at the renovated stadium.

If you tie season tickets to those games and don’t allow single game sells for those games, we may be able to get closer to filling 50,000.

Further, this would be financial advantageous for those schools to get home games without fees.

Just a thought of how to independently raise the profile of the home schedule without being invited to a new conference.

I wonder if other Sun Belt, MWC, AAC, MAC, or CUSA teams could do similar.
09-22-2023 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
RE: Fun OOC Scheduling with New Conferences
(09-22-2023 03:59 PM)tigergatorcyclone Wrote:  As the American continues to lose teams, if we are able to stay at an 8 game conference schedule, it’d be awesome if we could lock in 2-for-1s with Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and MSU.

In a 13 game schedule, imagine if we had 8 conference games, 4 locked in games (UA, UTK, OM, MSU) and one easy win like a Bethune Cookman.

Well, there's no 13-game schedule. And is this presupposing Arkansas/Tennessee/Ole Miss/Miss St enter a locked-in scheduling arrangement with a group of AAC teams? They might schedule a Memphis or Tulane or whoever for a 2v1 on an individual basis, but those would be sparingly and with 1 school and not a permanent part of the schedule where you'd have 4 of those games each year.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2023 04:26 PM by IWokeUpLikeThis.)
09-22-2023 04:24 PM
Bench Warmer

(09-22-2023 04:24 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  
(09-22-2023 03:59 PM)tigergatorcyclone Wrote:  As the American continues to lose teams, if we are able to stay at an 8 game conference schedule, it’d be awesome if we could lock in 2-for-1s with Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and MSU.

Well, there's no 13-game schedule. And is this presupposing Arkansas/Tennessee/Ole Miss/Miss St enter a locked-in scheduling arrangement with a group of AAC teams?

One AAC team: Memphis. Again was saying they get two home games for one away game and no fee. They wouldn’t have to pay for that home game. It’s the old Troy model from the early 2000s.

Arkansas comes in 2025 for a home and away.

Ole Miss came in 2015 and 2019.

Ms State came in 2021.

Tennessee hasn’t made the trip in a while.

Part of it is that all four schools have large alumni bases in Memphis.
09-22-2023 04:27 PM
Crayton Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
A standing 2-for-1 with Tennessee, Arkansas, and Ole Miss would be pretty good for Memphis fans.
09-22-2023 04:29 PM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(09-22-2023 04:29 PM)Crayton Wrote:  A standing 2-for-1 with Tennessee, Arkansas, and Ole Miss would be pretty good for Memphis fans.

Yes it would, but I reckon you wouldn't want to lock in four, you'd want three, with one of them home in a given year, and an FCS buy game to have six home games a season.
09-22-2023 04:41 PM
Bench Warmer

(09-22-2023 04:41 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  
(09-22-2023 04:29 PM)Crayton Wrote:  A standing 2-for-1 with Tennessee, Arkansas, and Ole Miss would be pretty good for Memphis fans.

Yes it would, but I reckon you wouldn't want to lock in four, you'd want three, with one of them home in a given year, and an FCS buy game to have six home games a season.

I agree. We’re averaging 25,000 - 30,000 per game the last few seasons. In a stadium that seats 60,000 - it feels so empty!

Even if we could get that up to 35,000 to 40,000 at $25 a ticket that’s an extra $1.5 million a year.

Need to do something to elevate the option to attend!
09-22-2023 07:20 PM
Bench Warmer

To the end of the comments for feedback, drop it from 4 to 3. That way we could have a sixth home game every year with a smaller FCS OPPONENT

Let’s say we talk Ole Miss and/or Tennessee to be a permanent where we go to them twice and they come to us once in perpetuity.

Then we have a third slot for a rotation of an SEC, B1G, XII, or ACC that we did a two for one.

Let’s say our three permanent rivals in AAC are Tulane, UAB, and USF and we rotate the other 10 every other year:

Y1:
- @Ole Miss
- Tennessee
- @ Wisconsin
- DII
- TULANE
- @ UAB
- USF
- @Tulsa
- UTSA
- @UNT
- Rice
- @ FAU

Y2:
- Ole Miss
- @Tennessee
- @ Wisconsin
- DII
- @TULANE
- UAB
- @USF
- Tulsa
- @UTSA
- UNT
- @Rice
- FAU

Y3:
- @Ole Miss
- @Tennessee
- Wisconsin
- DII
- TULANE
- @ UAB
- USF
- @Tulsa
- Navy
- @Temple
- Charlotte
- @ ECU
09-22-2023 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.