Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is The Oklahoma State Team Quiting?
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Is The Oklahoma State Team Quiting?
This seems a bit far fetched. But the claim that the majority of the team will enter the portal.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
09-20-2023 08:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
RE: Is The Oklahoma State Team Quiting?
Well...Mike Gundy is a man, he’s 50 something.
09-20-2023 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Well freakin' good! Cincinnati plays at Oklahoma St. later this season. Throw in the towel...
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2023 09:53 PM by JRsec.)
09-20-2023 09:06 PM
AssKickingChicken Offline
1st String

I Root For: Jax State
They just got blown out by South Alabama. I doubt they’ll be in high demand.
09-20-2023 09:17 PM
PlayBall! Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kansas & Big XII
Hopefully not true. However, if it is, those who take the high road and stay should get a lot more playing time. And all the glory and adulation.
09-20-2023 09:41 PM
johnintx Offline
1st String

I Root For: Oklahoma
I'm a lifelong observer of OSU football but not a fan. I've observed Mike Gundy since he was the quarterback of the Midwest City Bombers. He's the best coach OSU has ever had (Jimmy Johnson didn't have access to the same resources in his tenure there).

With that said, his obstinance toward NIL and the transfer portal is severely hurting him and OSU's program at a time when the Big 12 is about to undergo extreme change.

I think Mike is done and is daring OSU to fire him.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 12:20 AM by johnintx.)
09-20-2023 09:52 PM
Advertisement

Big Frog II Offline
1st String

I Root For: TCU
Sadly they are not on our schedule this year.
09-20-2023 09:56 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
I posted this on Saturday, but Oklahoma St getting run off the field at home by 4 TD's to South Alabama like an FCS team is the most shocking score in awhile.
09-20-2023 11:23 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(09-20-2023 08:51 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Well...Mike Gundy is a man, he’s 50 something.

He was definitely a man when he was 40.

edit: as for the team "quitting" on him:

He's had a winning record every year since 2006, including last year. His teams have been ranked in the final poll (coachs, AP, or both) 10 times in that span. He had a winning record last year, and the year before they were 12-2, won the Fiesta Bowl, and finished #7. This story looks like nothing more than click bait trying to capitalize on the bad OSU loss last weekend.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 12:15 AM by bryanw1995.)
09-21-2023 12:11 AM
jrj84105 Offline
All American

I Root For: Utes
I still think that Oklahoma State and Iowa State have the lowest potential floor of any of the B12 programs because from the low population states (Iowa, Kansas, Utah, Oklahoma, West Virginia) those two are the ones that have an in-state P2 competitor. OKSU and ISU are intrinsically disadvantaged compared to the rest and appear to be coming into the nB12 with no momentum. I think they’re more likely to be culled than WF and BC which is why I think the B12 fails and not the ACC.
09-21-2023 12:27 AM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

(09-21-2023 12:27 AM)jrj84105 Wrote:  I still think that Oklahoma State and Iowa State have the lowest potential floor of any of the B12 programs because from the low population states (Iowa, Kansas, Utah, Oklahoma, West Virginia) those two are the ones that have an in-state P2 competitor. OKSU and ISU are intrinsically disadvantaged compared to the rest and appear to be coming into the nB12 with no momentum. I think they’re more likely to be culled than WF and BC which is why I think the B12 fails and not the ACC.

If the Big XVI fails, it won't be because they had 14 strong teams and 2 afterthoughts, it will be because a bunch of their teams end up being too juicy for the P2 to pass up. Thus far, nothing has happened to make me believe that either the SEC or B1G is interested in any Big 12 schools. I'm not even certain that the P2 are interested in any ACC teams other than UNC, Clemson and FSU.

edit: and your theory about OSU and ISU seems pretty thin...I just posted in another thread that OSU has had a winning record every year since 2006, with 10 top 25 finishes, and they were 12-2 in 2021 with a #7 final ranking in both polls. Um...how does that scream "very low floor"?
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 12:37 AM by bryanw1995.)
09-21-2023 12:36 AM
Advertisement

AubTiger16 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Auburn/SEC
I don't know if this is true or or not. I don't know if it will happen, but I can't stand the direction college sports are going.

Weird conferences. Pay for play. Highest bidder for players. NIL haves and have nots. Free transfers just because at least once for literally no reason most of the time. I am fine with a free transfer if a coach leaves, or your third string and looking to start, family issues, etc.., But we have starters leaving teams who who have no issues what-so-ever outside of their NIL deal isn't big enough.

The B1G is in Nebraska, Cali, Washington, and Oregon. The Big 12 is in Ohio, Florida, and West Virginia. The ACC is now in Texas and Cali. I am glad the SEC is still very regional but we now have Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, and Oklahoma. The Pac 12 is dead. The American is all over the place. The rest of the G5 outside of the MAC is all over the place. The Big East which was an amazing basketball conference and competitive football conference is gone and has been gone. Yes I know it still exists, but as good as it is, it's not the same 03-razz. It just sucks.

Let's just pull the rip cord and get to the end of this nonsense already, whatever it may be.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 12:46 AM by AubTiger16.)
09-21-2023 12:38 AM
AssKickingChicken Offline
1st String

I Root For: Jax State
I googled Oklahoma St football quits and the only hit I got is what the OP had. Probably need a better source than a message board.
09-21-2023 01:52 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
QUIT ! QUIT ! QUIT !
09-21-2023 08:31 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(09-21-2023 12:27 AM)jrj84105 Wrote:  I still think that Oklahoma State and Iowa State have the lowest potential floor of any of the B12 programs because from the low population states (Iowa, Kansas, Utah, Oklahoma, West Virginia) those two are the ones that have an in-state P2 competitor. OKSU and ISU are intrinsically disadvantaged compared to the rest and appear to be coming into the nB12 with no momentum. I think they’re more likely to be culled than WF and BC which is why I think the B12 fails and not the ACC.

Since the Big 12 became numerically challenged in 2011, Oklahoma St. has the 2nd best conference record in that span. They draw a lot of students and athletes from Texas. They are #6 among all schools in NCAA titles with 52. Texas (56) and Penn St. (53) passed them in the last couple of years. They have an NCAA basketball title and a winning record all time in football, unlike KSU, KU and ISU. They did fine when OU was on all time winning streaks in the Big 7 and they were still in the MVC.

Oklahoma has twice the population of Nebraska. It has 1/3 more than Mississippi which has 2 P2 schools, 1/3 more than Kansas which has 2 P5 schools and 25% more than Utah and Iowa which have 2 P5 schools.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 08:49 AM by bullet.)
09-21-2023 08:45 AM
tf8693 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Notre Dame

Funny, but I was thinking pretty much the exact opposite of Oklahoma State: they likely have the highest ceiling, or pretty close to it, of the Big XII teams that will remain following Texas' and Oklahoma's departure next year. The basis for my reasoning is recent history. Yes, this year looks like a dumpster fire so far, but I think there's a danger in reading too much into a single season. Of course, it is possible for the same program to have a relatively low floor and a relatively high ceiling.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 08:47 AM by tf8693.)
09-21-2023 08:46 AM
Advertisement

AubTiger16 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Auburn/SEC
(09-21-2023 08:46 AM)tf8693 Wrote:  

Funny, but I was thinking pretty much the exact opposite of Oklahoma State: they likely have the highest ceiling, or pretty close to it, of the Big XII teams that will remain following Texas' and Oklahoma's departure next year. The basis for my reasoning is recent history. Yes, this year looks like a dumpster fire so far, but I think there's a danger in reading too much into a single season. Of course, it is possible for the same program to have a relatively low floor and a relatively high ceiling.

I think that is true for 99.5% of all programs pending the sport.

I too believe Oklahoma State is up there potential wise. They have proven they can do it. In my opinion the highest ceiling in the Big 12 has to belong to UCF. Look at where they came from and how fast they got to where they are. They have made the right decisions way more often than not. They have competed at an extremely high level in football, I see their basketball program improving big time in the Big 12. You really couldn't ask for a better location. They have a huge alumni base, a strong recruiting base, good coaches, a good administration, and their facilities are very nice!
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 08:57 AM by AubTiger16.)
09-21-2023 08:54 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
I must say that any source from "Message Board Geniuses" is an absolutely trust-worthy account.

As an aside, has anything ever from this site been posted there? Lord knows we have had some epic posts.
09-21-2023 09:42 AM
513Alex Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Bearcats/Boliers/Bengals
This would be dam near unprecedented. Skeptical for sure.
09-21-2023 10:03 AM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

(09-21-2023 12:38 AM)AubTiger16 Wrote:  I don't know if this is true or or not. I don't know if it will happen, but I can't stand the direction college sports are going.

Weird conferences. Pay for play. Highest bidder for players. NIL haves and have nots. Free transfers just because at least once for literally no reason most of the time. I am fine with a free transfer if a coach leaves, or your third string and looking to start, family issues, etc.., But we have starters leaving teams who who have no issues what-so-ever outside of their NIL deal isn't big enough.

The B1G is in Nebraska, Cali, Washington, and Oregon. The Big 12 is in Ohio, Florida, and West Virginia. The ACC is now in Texas and Cali. I am glad the SEC is still very regional but we now have Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, and Oklahoma. The Pac 12 is dead. The American is all over the place. The rest of the G5 outside of the MAC is all over the place. The Big East which was an amazing basketball conference and competitive football conference is gone and has been gone. Yes I know it still exists, but as good as it is, it's not the same 03-razz. It just sucks.

Let's just pull the rip cord and get to the end of this nonsense already, whatever it may be.

A&M and Missouri have been in the SEC for quite a while now, and if we and the SEC had our way, we'd have been members for over 30 years.

Are you claiming that you guys didn't pay anything for Cam Newton? That's a pretty surprising attitude coming from an Auburn fan, unless your concern is more about your team's struggles to adapt to the new NIL landscape rather than the actual landscape itself.
09-21-2023 10:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.