Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Current Rocky Lombardi
Bookmark and Share
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I love Rocky. And I thank him for his service.

But right now he can't run. Is having trouble throwing. And is not making good decisions. And is severely hurting his team.

His COACH needs to tell him he has to step aside.

He had a hell of a run. And maybe he will come back late in the year. Who knows. But right now he cannot be out there. This defense deserves better. And this team deserves better.

An Brown has not shown anything to stay out on the field.

This coaching staff better get it together.
09-16-2023 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(09-16-2023 09:15 PM)chihuskie Wrote:  I love Rocky. And I thank him for his service.

But right now he can't run. Is having trouble throwing. And is not making good decisions. And is severely hurting his team.

He had a hell of a run. And maybe he will come back late in the year. Who knows. But right now he cannot be out there. This defense deserves better. And this team deserves better.

You and I (and everyone else) know that we will see the same players on the field next week playing the exact same playbook.
09-16-2023 09:17 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: The Current Rocky Lombardi
Bum
09-16-2023 09:26 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I just don't see Hammock making a change at QB. I'm fine with giving Hampton a shot but even with him he we still lose this game. We can't run the ball in two straight games.

56 carries for 85 yards in last two games.
09-16-2023 09:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
How are we going to be able to run the ball when the other team knows we can't throw the ball successfully? All they have to do is stop the run.

That said, I agree that we need someone other than Brown in there. We've already run off Ducker and Waylee with Hammock's attempt to make him the new version of Michael Turner getting 100% of the carries. We'll likely run off Gavin Williams too since we don't use him even though Brown has done absolutely nothing even when he gets running room.

Rocky is a dual-option QB that now can't run OR throw. Maybe against MAC teams we score 14 points instead of 3, but it won't be enough to win.
09-16-2023 10:52 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
It’s Williams time. Every time he’s in there I feel like he has a much better chance to break one. Everyone’s ass should be on the hot seat. He has preformed better and should be starting at this point. That should be across the board at all positions, no one should be guaranteed anything except players on the d line.
09-16-2023 10:59 PM
Advertisement

WreakHammockOnU Offline
Water Engineer

(09-16-2023 09:15 PM)chihuskie Wrote:  I love Rocky. And I thank him for his service.

I complete agree with your thoughts. I am starting to see that something isn't right with his legs. He's rushing too much to throw right now. Hopefully coach will go to a dual QB in the next game and give Hampton a series or two.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2023 11:25 PM by WreakHammockOnU.)
09-16-2023 11:25 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

A couple things that Carey did was have a dual option qb which made us harder to defend. Also the read option made it harder to know who had the ball which also helped
09-16-2023 11:35 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I think you have to try Hampton next week. Drops or not rocky is not getting it done, period.
09-16-2023 11:56 PM
NILAW Offline

Hardly the look we want - Rocky "Took The Most Embarrassing Sack Of 2023"

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/col...ck-of-2023
09-17-2023 01:15 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2023 01:15 PM)NILAW Wrote:  Hardly the look we want - Rocky "Took The Most Embarrassing Sack Of 2023"

Elite athleticism on full display
09-17-2023 02:11 PM
Advertisement

Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(09-17-2023 01:15 PM)NILAW Wrote:  Hardly the look we want - Rocky "Took The Most Embarrassing Sack Of 2023"

The Lombardi Sandwich named after Rocky that is served at Fatty's needs to be renamed the "Sad Sack Sandwhich".
09-17-2023 10:03 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(09-17-2023 10:03 PM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  

The Lombardi Sandwich named after Rocky that is served at Fatty's needs to be renamed the "Sad Sack Sandwhich".

Or the "Sack lunch".
09-18-2023 07:08 AM
HUSKiESbelieve Offline
Special Teams

I still think Lombardi has a NIU senior swan song left in him. Hopefully, he gets his mojo back this next game!
09-28-2023 07:19 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(09-28-2023 07:19 PM)HUSKiESbelieve Wrote:  I still think Lombardi has a NIU senior swan song left in him. Hopefully, he gets his mojo back this next game!

There's going to be a game where the light bulb goes on. It may come too late but it will come. And not just for Rocky. Brown's regression is even more perplexing than Rocky's so I expect him to get back to form soon as well. Even the O-line should imrpove(though the left is going to be weak all season).

Rudolph on the other hand unfortunately may never be the same.
09-28-2023 08:49 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

(09-28-2023 08:49 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(09-28-2023 07:19 PM)HUSKiESbelieve Wrote:  I still think Lombardi has a NIU senior swan song left in him. Hopefully, he gets his mojo back this next game!

There's going to be a game where the light bulb goes on. It may come too late but it will come. And not just for Rocky. Brown's regression is even more perplexing than Rocky's so I expect him to get back to form soon as well. Even the O-line should imrpove(though the left is going to be weak all season).

I would assume it’s safe to say the big Z is taking a medical this year if he doesn’t play this week. The depth with all the “good” lineman recruits actually is bare.

I do agree that rocky getting benched might have been the best thing for him. His comments after some of the worst offensive games in the last few years made it seem like he was comfy in knowing he wasn’t going to lose his job. Did hammock say who’s starting this week?
09-28-2023 09:06 PM
Advertisement

Lynchpin Offline
2nd String

I actually agree we see Rocky somehow come back from abyss at some point this year. Not really based on any evidence… just a feeling and to be fair, he is a resilient dude.

Rudolph appeared to show some burst & aggression on that kick return he fumbled. But yeah, overall non existent and not at all the same. Hope he’s not done

Brown for sure the biggest head scratcher of essentially what we or I thought was big 3 on O going into year.
09-28-2023 09:13 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I’m 99% sure Rocky hurt his thumb against SIU and it’s effecting how he throws it.

I’m not sure how anyone watched Hampton on Saturday and think he’s a significantly better option though. Truth of the matter is we are ******.
09-28-2023 09:23 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(09-28-2023 09:13 PM)Lynchpin Wrote:  

I actually agree we see Rocky somehow come back from abyss at some point this year. Not really based on any evidence… just a feeling and to be fair, he is a resilient dude.

Rudolph appeared to show some burst & aggression on that kick return he fumbled. But yeah, overall non existent and not at all the same. Hope he’s not done

Brown for sure the biggest head scratcher of essentially what we or I thought was big 3 on O going into year.

Unless Rocky undergoes some type of Col Steve Austin surgery and heals within a week, don’t see it.
09-28-2023 09:42 PM
NIU84 Offline
1st String

(09-28-2023 09:23 PM)7 Wrote:  I’m 99% sure Rocky hurt his thumb against SIU and it’s effecting how he throws it.

I’m not sure how anyone watched Hampton on Saturday and think he’s a significantly better option though. Truth of the matter is we are ******.

On the failed 4th down QB sneak, Rocky took a shoot to his right wrist too, he was dealing with it for a few minutes. It’ll be interesting to see how much he plays and what kind of passes he tries.
09-28-2023 09:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.