ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
RR Thoughts on the game ?
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
We should have his post game press conference up for the fans to see. It is no where to be found.
09-03-2023 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
RE: RR Thoughts on the game ?
(09-03-2023 07:39 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  We should have his post game press conference up for the fans to see. It is no where to be found.

I agree with this. Again, this goes back to poor media coverage by the school. Our fans should be able to see things like this. And no, the coverage should not be provided by the fanboy Monarchists. It needs ODU involvement.
09-03-2023 08:22 AM
Roy Munson Offline
Special Teams

(09-03-2023 08:22 AM)ODURallyFox Wrote:  
(09-03-2023 07:39 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  We should have his post game press conference up for the fans to see. It is no where to be found.

I agree with this. Again, this goes back to poor media coverage by the school. Our fans should be able to see things like this. And no, the coverage should not be provided by the fanboy Monarchists. It needs ODU involvement.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt of your use of "fanboy" which sounds on the surface like a dig. I hope that wasn't the case. I am so grateful for the time and energy the Monarchist brand is putting into the program.
09-04-2023 12:20 PM
ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

(09-04-2023 12:20 PM)Roy Munson Wrote:  
(09-03-2023 08:22 AM)ODURallyFox Wrote:  

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt of your use of "fanboy" which sounds on the surface like a dig. I hope that wasn't the case. I am so grateful for the time and energy the Monarchist brand is putting into the program.

Oh, I come by it honestly - it is a dig. I think their coverage of ODU football is hokey at best. They coddle the team too much and do not report all of the actual facts of what is going on with team related news. They also do not like an opposing view that goes against theirs (which is mine at least half of the time). They pride themselves being "by fans, for fans" but it is quite contradictory since they do not welcome all fans points of view. But hey, if you like hokey fanboy material, suit yourself. My advice to you is to not choke on the koolaid too much and be sure to form your own opinions on things.
09-04-2023 12:37 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

This all boils down to one thing. Rally Fox likes to call players pansy and soft. We don’t agree with that tact as we see it as both incorrect and just plain disrespectful. Considering the violent nature of this game, anyone willing to strap on the helmet at this level is neither pansy or soft.

As for fan opinion, we’ve only argued him on that take and that take alone. We have requested fan questions since the start of the show and use them in practically every interview we do. And that won’t change. We’re the only ones to ask Wood about extensions or why Hemphill extended Wood. But sure, call us fanboys. Your digs at us don’t matter. We will continue producing good content regardless of what you call us.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2023 01:02 PM by Monarchist13.)
09-04-2023 01:01 PM
ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

(09-04-2023 01:01 PM)Monarchist13 Wrote:  This all boils down to one thing. Rally Fox likes to call players pansy and soft. We don’t agree with that tact as we see it as both incorrect and just plain disrespectful. Considering the violent nature of this game, anyone willing to strap on the helmet at this level is neither pansy or soft.

As for fan opinion, we’ve only argued him on that take and that take alone. We have requested fan questions since the start of the show and use them in practically every interview we do. And that won’t change. We’re the only ones to ask Wood about extensions or why Hemphill extended Wood. But sure, call us fanboys. Your digs at us don’t matter. We will continue producing good content regardless of what you call us.

Just because you strap on a helmet and play at this level does not mean you are a fit to play the game at this level. Sometimes, you can just be a really good athlete and have a great physique and thats enough to get you by to play.

Also, see our current 7 game losing streak we have going on. Our team has left off right where they ended from last year. If you do not want to get deemed those labels of "soft and pansy" by me (and others), then start winning games. Those aren't opinions, those are facts.

Yes, it is a "new team with 58 new players", but I have not seen any kind of progression or glimmer of hope of consistency in any facet of our game yet. Let's take it back 5 years (excluding COVID year). How many games have we won in that time frame? 14. Do the math and figure out the average of how many wins we have per season. It is an unacceptable number and standard to have. But hey, if you want to coddle and accept that standard, more power to you. I do not accept the product right now as it sits and it needs to improve and quickly.
09-04-2023 01:15 PM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

Round and round we go.

You're blurring the lines of fact and opinion because you're arguing through your emotions.

A fact is a statement that can be verified. It can be proven to be true or false through objective evidence. An opinion is a statement that expresses a feeling, an attitude, a value judgment, or a belief. It is a statement that is neither true nor false.

When you hold an emotional belief in an opinion strongly enough to believe it a fact, the response to a challenge of your opinion is met with an emotional response, often manifesting as name calling and further depending the belief. We have witnessed this all the time since social media conception.

There's an entire generation that still doesn't understand this. I hold out hope that its beause of the anonymity of social media (perceived) and that most people would never speak to each other in person this way, but I'm not seeing societies ability to resolve conflict getting better. Either we figure this out or I hope the AI nukes us all quickly.

As to the game. I felt I saw improvement on offense, especially the run game. We need to give the qb more time and he needs to figure out those long balls. First fbs game, afraid to throw an int in front of 66k people, hopefully he'll settle down next game.

Run d looked ok but like others said I think we will struggle with deep threats against the better wr corps from other teams unless we can figure out how to get pressure.

I would find it way too difficult to say definitively what the rest of the season holds but I saw some positives. Entirely different game if we didn't turn the ball over 3 times.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2023 01:48 PM by bit_9.)
09-04-2023 01:46 PM
ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

(09-04-2023 01:46 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  Round and round we go.

You're blurring the lines of fact and opinion because you're arguing through your emotions.

A fact is a statement that can be verified. It can be proven to be true or false through objective evidence. An opinion is a statement that expresses a feeling, an attitude, a value judgment, or a belief. It is a statement that is neither true nor false.

When you hold an emotional belief in an opinion strongly enough to believe it a fact, the response to a challenge of your opinion is met with an emotional response, often manifesting as name calling and further depending the belief. We have witnessed this all the time since social media conception.

There's an entire generation that still doesn't understand this. I hold out hope that its beause of the anonymity of social media (perceived) and that most people would never speak to each other in person this way, but I'm not seeing societies ability to resolve conflict getting better. Either we figure this out or I hope the AI nukes us all quickly.

As to the game. I felt I saw improvement on offense, especially the run game. We need to give the qb more time and he needs to figure out those long balls. First fbs game, afraid to throw an int in front of 66k people, hopefully he'll settle down next game.

Run d looked ok but like others said I think we will struggle with deep threats against the better wr corps from other teams unless we can figure out how to get pressure.

I would find it way too difficult to say definitively what the rest of the season holds but I saw some positives. Entirely different game if we didn't turn the ball over 3 times.

Me stating that we have lost 7 in a row is not "arguing through my emotions". Those are simple facts.

What is disappointing is that we live in a society now where people simply cannot wipe their butt anymore without getting offended by doing so. Yes, I will call players soft. And I will say it and do it directly. But I will also say to them- prove me wrong. I am not going to back down. I will say whats on my mind. And if the players or Monarchists dont like it, then cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. But dont expect me or anyone else on this board to accept 7 losses in a row as something that is okay. And if you do think losing games consistently is okay, you can kindly hop off this board.

I will proudly play the villain on this board and say the things that other people are too afraid to say publicly. I will be the Joker to your Batman, the Biff to your Marty McFly, and the Jafar to your Aladdin.
09-04-2023 02:08 PM
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2023 02:08 PM)ODURallyFox Wrote:  

Me stating that we have lost 7 in a row is not "arguing through my emotions". Those are simple facts.

What is disappointing is that we live in a society now where people simply cannot wipe their butt anymore without getting offended by doing so. Yes, I will call players soft. And I will say it and do it directly. But I will also say to them- prove me wrong. I am not going to back down. I will say whats on my mind. And if the players or Monarchists dont like it, then cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. But dont expect me or anyone else on this board to accept 7 losses in a row as something that is okay. And if you do think losing games consistently is okay, you can kindly hop off this board.

I will proudly play the villain on this board and say the things that other people are too afraid to say publicly. I will be the Joker to your Batman, the Biff to your Marty McFly, and the Jafar to your Aladdin.
Posting on a message board ain't "doing it directly."

Just sayin......

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
09-04-2023 06:53 PM
BigBlueMonarch Offline
King of All Things Unimportant

I Root For: Old Dominion University
Its.**** like this that has made these boards some place I no longer enjoy coming. I used to laugh, and bemoan,, and celebrate with fans who love ODU. Now this is just a ***** fest with a moving goal post. RR AND JJ could recruit God and it would result in a few bitching it wasn't the devil. I am done. If there is somewhere else to chat about ODU sports with passionate but level headed fans, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G975U using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2023 07:46 PM by BigBlueMonarch.)
09-04-2023 07:45 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

I simply want to hear RR words on the lost. Kelly didn't hold back and called himself and everyone out. What is the excuse for the loss to VT ? How does he plan to fix the glaring deficiencies. It would be good to hear from out coach that we are paying a large portion of his salary.
09-04-2023 08:38 PM
Advertisement

ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

(09-04-2023 08:38 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  I simply want to hear RR words on the lost. Kelly didn't hold back and called himself and everyone out. What is the excuse for the loss to VT ? How does he plan to fix the glaring deficiencies. It would be good to hear from out coach that we are paying a large portion of his salary.

Would love to hear it too. However, Monarch Media does not privy us to the post game press conferences. Everything is secretive with this team. From practices to pre and post game videos. Coverage is whack now. Very disappointing.
09-04-2023 08:44 PM
Stat Geek Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2023 08:38 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  I simply want to hear RR words on the lost. Kelly didn't hold back and called himself and everyone out. What is the excuse for the loss to VT ? How does he plan to fix the glaring deficiencies. It would be good to hear from out coach that we are paying a large portion of his salary.

Takes about 4 seconds to read his thoughts
09-04-2023 08:49 PM
ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

(09-04-2023 06:53 PM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  

Just sayin......

I will be more than happy to come to a tailgate, podcast, or barbeque and tell them my feelings straight to their faces.
09-04-2023 08:50 PM
ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

(09-04-2023 07:45 PM)BigBlueMonarch Wrote:  Its.**** like this that has made these boards some place I no longer enjoy coming. I used to laugh, and bemoan,, and celebrate with fans who love ODU. Now this is just a ***** fest with a moving goal post. RR AND JJ could recruit God and it would result in a few bitching it wasn't the devil. I am done. If there is somewhere else to chat about ODU sports with passionate but level headed fans, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G975U using CSNbbs mobile app

Do not get offended so badly. Everyone on here cares about ODU athletics. That being said, I just do not like or tolerate the losing all the time. And some people on here pander and cater and coddle to it. Its not right. But hey, everyone has a right to care about winning or losing.
09-04-2023 08:55 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(09-04-2023 08:50 PM)ODURallyFox Wrote:  
(09-04-2023 06:53 PM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  Posting on a message board ain't "doing it directly."

Just sayin......

I will be more than happy to come to a tailgate, podcast, or barbeque and tell them my feelings straight to their faces.

We have been inviting all fans to our tailgates for years. Nothing has changed for this season. So if you want to come talk football, come on over.
09-04-2023 09:49 PM
Advertisement

ODU1986 Offline
Special Teams

Just sayin......

Ricky Rahne Coach’s Show was at The Dirty Buffalo 4-hours ago. Didn’t see you there did we?

But you know who was? The Monarchists.

And btw, they do what they do for free. If you don’t like it, don’t read or listen to it. Most importantly, just stop your *****’n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2023 10:54 AM by ODU1986.)
09-04-2023 10:07 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(09-04-2023 08:49 PM)Stat Geek Wrote:  

Takes about 4 seconds to read his thoughts

Yep, Mark Davis quotes his postgame thoughts right here.
https://www.wtkr.com/sports/turnovers-do...ginia-tech

WAVY also has some of his postgame thoughts in this clip;

09-04-2023 10:28 PM
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

You can see RR's presser from yesterday here: https://odusports.com/watch/?Archive=2528&type=Archive
09-05-2023 07:38 AM
ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

(09-04-2023 10:07 PM)ODU1986 Wrote:  

Just sayin......

Ricky Rahne Coach’s Show was at The Dirty Buffalo 4-hours ago. Didn’t see you there did we.

But you know who was? The Monarchists.

And btw, they do what they do for free. If you don’t like it, don’t read or listen to it. Most importantly, just stop your *****’n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to them. Do they want a cookie for their efforts? It must be nice to live locally and not live 2 hours away like I do. But hey, Ill still be at every game on Saturdays. I hope there is not just wine and cheese at their tailgate.
09-05-2023 07:49 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.