Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2023 Sun Belt Pick 'Em (Sponsored by CoastalFans.com)
Bookmark and Share
CoastalFans Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Coastal
2023 Sun Belt Pick 'Em (Sponsored by CoastalFans.com)
WHAT'S THAT?

[Image: bryan-danielson-aew.gif]

THAT'S RIGHT! The CoastalFans.com Sun Belt Pick 'Em is back for 2023!

As always, we start with how we finished the season last year:

(01-11-2023 08:18 PM)CoastalFans Wrote:  [Image: qJro3NU.png]

Bridgeforthduke, your reign as the Pick 'Em Champion is at its end! The crown has been returned to the home office and is up for grabs once again. Can a Coastal fan reclaim the top spot in this year's contest? Or will a fan of another Sun Belt school take it once more? Only time will tell!

Here's how the scoring works:

1) Each week, you'll pick who you think will win each game featuring our Sun Belt conference mates. There may be games as early as Tuesday or Wednesday nights. The pick deadline will still apply, but if you submit a pick for a game that has already started, you will automatically be given a loss for that game.

2) As often as possible, we will have some “Bonus” games. Every week we have Bonus games, you'll pick who you think will win some notable non-conference games for a chance at bonus points that will be automatically applied to your overall point total. These are optional, but I don't see why you wouldn't choose to pick these games, because...

3) SCORING: You get one point per correct pick. You don't lose any points for incorrect picks. Simple, right? Take a chance on those Bonus games - you never know what could happen, and if you get them all wrong, it's no big deal!

4) GAME CANCELLATIONS: If a game is cancelled for any reason - COVID, hurricane, deflated footballs, alien invasion, the players all decided to play Tears of the Kingdom instead of football, etc. - nobody will receive any points for that game. Only games that are actually played will be scored. If a missed game is made up later in the season, I'll do my best to add it back into the mix on the week it's made up.

That's all there is to it!

This week's picks are due by 10:30pm on 09/02/23. If you submit a pick for a game that has already started, you will automatically be given a loss for that game.

YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR PICKS ON THE GOOGLE FORM TO BE COUNTED!

Can't embed the Google Form here like I can on CoastalFans - sorry!

CLICK HERE FOR A DIRECT LINK TO THE GOOGLE FORM

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS YEAR!
08-24-2023 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: 2023 Sun Belt Pick 'Em (Sponsored by CoastalFans.com)
(08-24-2023 03:07 PM)CoastalFans Wrote:  WHAT'S THAT?

Bridgeforthduke, your reign as the Pick 'Em Champion is at its end! The crown has been returned to the home office and is up for grabs once again. Can a Coastal fan reclaim the top spot in this year's contest? Or will a fan of another Sun Belt school take it once more? Only time will tell!

1) Each week, you'll pick who you think will win each game featuring our Sun Belt conference mates. There may be games as early as Tuesday or Wednesday nights. The pick deadline will still apply, but if you submit a pick for a game that has already started, you will automatically be given a loss for that game.

2) As often as possible, we will have some “Bonus” games. Every week we have Bonus games, you'll pick who you think will win some notable non-conference games for a chance at bonus points that will be automatically applied to your overall point total. These are optional, but I don't see why you wouldn't choose to pick these games, because...

3) SCORING: You get one point per correct pick. You don't lose any points for incorrect picks. Simple, right? Take a chance on those Bonus games - you never know what could happen, and if you get them all wrong, it's no big deal!

4) GAME CANCELLATIONS: If a game is cancelled for any reason - COVID, hurricane, deflated footballs, alien invasion, the players all decided to play Tears of the Kingdom instead of football, etc. - nobody will receive any points for that game. Only games that are actually played will be scored. If a missed game is made up later in the season, I'll do my best to add it back into the mix on the week it's made up.

This week's picks are due by 10:30pm on 09/02/23. If you submit a pick for a game that has already started, you will automatically be given a loss for that game.

I don't want to be a silly goose, but wouldn't 9/2 at 1030 PM be after all the games have started?
08-28-2023 06:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mtneer84 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State
(08-28-2023 06:35 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

I don't want to be a silly goose, but wouldn't 9/2 at 1030 PM be after all the games have started?

Yeah, if I can submit picks at 10:30 PM on 9/2 , I should have a damn good record04-cheers
08-28-2023 07:02 AM
TealNation Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
(08-28-2023 07:02 AM)Mtneer84 Wrote:  
(08-28-2023 06:35 AM)gdunn Wrote:  I don't want to be a silly goose, but wouldn't 9/2 at 1030 PM be after all the games have started?

Yeah, if I can submit picks at 10:30 PM on 9/2 , I should have a damn good record04-cheers

Not a good idea. You receive a loss for picks after games that have already started.
08-28-2023 07:19 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(08-28-2023 07:19 AM)TealNation Wrote:  
(08-28-2023 06:35 AM)gdunn Wrote:  I don't want to be a silly goose, but wouldn't 9/2 at 1030 PM be after all the games have started?

Not a good idea. You receive a loss for picks after games that have already started.

Do you think you should change the due date then. Lol..everyone seems to get except....
08-28-2023 08:58 AM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

(08-28-2023 06:35 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

"If you submit a pick for a game that has already started, you will automatically be given a loss for that game."
08-28-2023 09:01 AM
Advertisement

Meathead Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: AppState
This is one of my favorite pick 'ems so I'm looking forward to it! Everyone get in!!!
08-28-2023 09:29 AM
CoastalFans Offline
2nd String

As others have stated - if you submit a pick for a game past the scheduled kickoff time for the game, I manually change your submission to "Late Pick" and give you a loss for that game. All entries on the Google Form are timestamped, so I know if you submit late.
08-28-2023 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
bump - GSU game tonight!

edited to fix the naming methodology and avoid the wrath
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023 12:58 PM by bcp_jmu.)
08-31-2023 12:26 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Win lose or draw this weekend.. I'm coming for the Belt..
08-31-2023 12:40 PM
CoastalFans Offline
2nd String

@ragin4u - you sent me a PM regarding the Pick 'Em, but when I tried to reply I got a message saying you have PMs disabled. Please let me know how to best contact you.
09-01-2023 01:08 PM
Advertisement

CoastalFans Offline
2nd String

To the four of you who picked Arkansas State over Oklahoma...

[Image: what-were-you-thinking-what-do-you-think.gif]
09-02-2023 02:55 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(09-02-2023 02:55 PM)CoastalFans Wrote:  To the four of you who picked Arkansas State over Oklahoma...

[Image: what-were-you-thinking-what-do-you-think.gif]

Lol....
09-02-2023 03:01 PM
CoastalFans Offline
2nd String

Click here for the Week 02 thread on CoastalFans

[Image: texas-sandy.gif]

TEXAS STATE! Holy moly! We had just THREE players - Goodsn4, HPCAT, and Osagej - correctly call Texas State's upset over Baylor! And in our Bonus games, another three players - AppSt94, ragin4u, and Goodsn4 AGAIN - correctly took Colorado to upset TCU! I don't know about y'all, but I'm keeping an eye on Goodsn4 this season...looks like they've got a nose for upsets!

Week 01 went well for most folks! Out of 17 possible points, over half the field finished with 13 points or better on the week. No Perfect Prognosticators this week, since everyone missed at least one game or did not pick some of the Bonus games.

As usual after the first week, we've got a lot of ties in the standings right now. Don't worry too much if you're way down in a tie for 51st place - there's still plenty of time to make up some ground over the course of the season.

Here are everyone's picks from Week 01. And here's the current overall leaderboard after Week 01:

[Image: U10lUMp.png]

That's where we're at right now! For anyone still thinking of joining in on the fun, it's not too late - but the later you start, the more likely you are to be this year's Mr. Irrelevant!

This week's picks are due by 10:30pm on 09/09/23. If you submit a pick for a game that has already started, you will automatically be given a loss for that game.

09-03-2023 01:30 AM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

Bump
09-06-2023 05:00 PM
CoastalFans Offline
2nd String

(09-06-2023 05:00 PM)Luckyshot Wrote:  Bump

Thanks for the bump!

REMINDER TIME

PLEASE NOTE! This is a list of people who have submitted picks so far.

If your name IS on this list, you're good - I have picks recorded for you.

If your name IS NOT on this list, I DO NOT have picks recorded for you.

2021Chant
AppSt94
benny_t
Benski6
BigChant
Blue_Trombone
bodoyle
BridgeforthDuke
briul1856
CCU12
Chantalum2022
Cnelson203
cougaraid
crusadecat
EigenEagle
gdunn
Goodsn4
GSUdpb
HPCAT
James Madison
Luckyshot
Meathead
Mtneer84
old dominion
Osagej
Puddle Pirate
Ragin4U
Randy
RollTeal13
Saint3333
Scott T
ShenValleyMonarch12
The Sloan Ranger
Themackattack
TrueBlueDrew
Uncle Jessie
09-07-2023 09:09 AM
Advertisement

CoastalFans Offline
2nd String

Click here for the Week 03 thread on CoastalFans

[Image: you-fail-me-yet-again-starscream-get-them.gif]

I don't know about y'all, but it seems like every time I think Texas State has figured their crap out, and I pick them to win two weeks in a row, they ALWAYS LOSE. So thanks, Bobcats, for ruining things for me and a fair portion of the field this week!

In other games, looks like the only others that tripped most players up were ECU/Marshall and Louisiana/ODU, with over half our players getting each of those wrong. GA St./UConn also tripped up a lot of folks this week!

This early in the season, we've still got plenty of ties in the standings. I'd like to call out our Biggest Rise of the Week - which belongs to four players - Benny_t, Blue_Trombone, Osagej, and Uncle Jessie - who used some smart picks to jump up 20 spots in the standings. Great job! Biggest Fall of the Week belongs to five players - By The River, Chantman, ENCMU1992, Mwhite58, and Surbadger - who dropped an astounding 37 spots after forgetting to submit picks in Week 2.

And - WATCH OUT! For the first time this season, we have a player in sole possession of first place! Congrats to briul1856, who is currently sitting on a one point lead atop the field! Don't get too comfy, briul1856...EVERYONE is coming for you!

Here are everyone's picks from Week 02. And here's the current overall leaderboard after Week 02:

[Image: ZkCCbmL.png]

That's where we're at right now! For anyone still thinking of joining in on the fun, it's not too late!

This week's picks are due by 8:30pm on 09/16/23. If you submit a pick for a game that has already started, you will automatically be given a loss for that game.

09-10-2023 02:01 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Bump.
09-13-2023 07:27 AM
CoastalFans Offline
2nd String

REMINDER TIME

PLEASE NOTE! This is a list of people who have submitted picks so far this week.

If your name IS on this list, you're good - I have picks recorded for you.

If your name IS NOT on this list, I DO NOT have picks recorded for you.

2021Chant
AppSt94
benny_t
Benski6
BigChant
Blue_Trombone
bodoyle
Bridgeforthduke
briul1856
CCU12
Chant51
Chantalum2022
Chantman
Cnelson203
cougaraid
crusadecat
dreChant
EagleProf
gdunn
Goodsn4
GSUdpb
HoustonBobcat
HPCAT
James Madison
Jean Ralphio
Luckyshot
Meathead
Mtneer84
MUHerd00
Original BDB
Osagej
Puddle Pirate
Ragin4U
Randy
RollTeal13
Saint3333
Scott T
SENOREIDA
ShenValleyMonarch12
Surbadger
The Sloan Ranger
Themackattack
TrueBlueDrew
Uncle Jessie
09-14-2023 08:12 PM
CoastalFans Offline
2nd String

Bumping again just in case anyone tried to submit their picks earlier today while the forum was down.
09-15-2023 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.