Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Set for FB Season
Bookmark and Share
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Set for FB Season
Every season I try to figure out what's the best gig to watch FB.

Last couple of seasons I'd do free trials of YouTube TV (was once a subscriber) and Fubo. USM games on TV were usually one offs until last season. Then I became a ESPN+ subscriber. I then could watch a majority of the games and then do a free trial for the Louisiana game. A few months ago my wife said, hey look you already pay for Disney+ for the kid, you pay for ESPN+, I'd really like Hulu, how much are you paying now vs doing a bundle. Come to find out bundling all 3 with no ads was cheaper than what I was doing. Done deal. Well now I want Live TV for Football. Last year we were at a friend's house and he had Hulu Live and had nothing but positive things to say.

So yesterday I pulled the proverbial trigger and for about $60 more a month I know have live TV for the next few months. I played around with it last night, it's not something that's extravagant or will blow people's minds, but for what we'll use it for, it's perfect. Plus I was able to set up teams for both NCAA and NFL, and was able to look and see what games were coming up.

Less than 24 hours in, I'm pleased.
08-22-2023 07:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

RE: Set for FB Season
(08-22-2023 07:48 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Every season I try to figure out what's the best gig to watch FB.

Last couple of seasons I'd do free trials of YouTube TV (was once a subscriber) and Fubo. USM games on TV were usually one offs until last season. Then I became a ESPN+ subscriber. I then could watch a majority of the games and then do a free trial for the Louisiana game. A few months ago my wife said, hey look you already pay for Disney+ for the kid, you pay for ESPN+, I'd really like Hulu, how much are you paying now vs doing a bundle. Come to find out bundling all 3 with no ads was cheaper than what I was doing. Done deal. Well now I want Live TV for Football. Last year we were at a friend's house and he had Hulu Live and had nothing but positive things to say.

So yesterday I pulled the proverbial trigger and for about $60 more a month I know have live TV for the next few months. I played around with it last night, it's not something that's extravagant or will blow people's minds, but for what we'll use it for, it's perfect. Plus I was able to set up teams for both NCAA and NFL, and was able to look and see what games were coming up.

I got Hulu Live last year when finally cutting the cord. It's also convenient to have ESPN+ on the same platform without going to the ESPN app, so surfing games on Saturday afternoons is easier. I've been pleased with it.
08-22-2023 09:18 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Yeah I do the Disney+ bundle that comes with ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month and then during football and basketball season I can add Hulu Live to that for $60 more dollars. I like how Hulu makes its really easy to switch around your plan whenever you want so I can turn Hulu Live and any other add ons like HBO off when I don’t want to pay for them.
08-22-2023 09:49 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(08-22-2023 09:18 AM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  
(08-22-2023 07:48 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Every season I try to figure out what's the best gig to watch FB.

I got Hulu Live last year when finally cutting the cord. It's also convenient to have ESPN+ on the same platform without going to the ESPN app, so surfing games on Saturday afternoons is easier. I've been pleased with it.

Same. Hulu Live TV has everything I need.
08-22-2023 09:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

(08-22-2023 09:18 AM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  

Good to know about ESPN+. I have YouTube TV, but might switch to Hulu.
08-22-2023 10:19 AM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
I think I've got all the bases covered with Sling Orange with the sports package and ESPN+. It came in handy last year when South played UCLA (PAC network).
08-22-2023 12:01 PM
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
I was with Sling and had the Disney/ESPN Bundle. Now we just have Hulu Live w/ bundle and it's more than enough and I can catch most, if not all ODUs games. I miss out on the CBS broadcasts but for that I can just hop on father-in-law's account.
08-22-2023 01:03 PM
Advertisement

MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
YouTube TV for me.

Hated the user interface of Hulu Live.
08-22-2023 01:18 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(08-22-2023 01:03 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  I was with Sling and had the Disney/ESPN Bundle. Now we just have Hulu Live w/ bundle and it's more than enough and I can catch most, if not all ODUs games. I miss out on the CBS broadcasts but for that I can just hop on father-in-law's account.

I got CBS Sports....
08-22-2023 01:24 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(08-22-2023 12:01 PM)HCJag Wrote:  I think I've got all the bases covered with Sling Orange with the sports package and ESPN+. It came in handy last year when South played UCLA (PAC network).

That's exactly what I do and it's like $50. Add in an OTA antenna for the free networks and you can't beat it.
08-22-2023 01:35 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(08-22-2023 01:35 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  
(08-22-2023 12:01 PM)HCJag Wrote:  I think I've got all the bases covered with Sling Orange with the sports package and ESPN+. It came in handy last year when South played UCLA (PAC network).

That's exactly what I do and it's like $50. Add in an OTA antenna for the free networks and you can't beat it.

Unfortunately for me an OTA isn't an option. I checked them out and somehow we're not in a good reception area.
08-22-2023 01:38 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
I wanted to like Hulu live but my steams kept freezing and I would have to restart my Roku TV a lot. After trying to make Hulu Live work for the 2021 season I went with YouTube TV and the Disney + bundle last year and liked it...solved the freezing problems. My wife came along in January and said "let's switch to Sling TV it cost less and football is over" so that's what we did. Still getting great streaming quality but for less money. Added the Sports extra package for Football season just yesterday ($15 mo) which now only makes it $5 less than YouTube but I'll drop that back off after football season. Overall I found it to be a good option.
08-22-2023 02:11 PM
EvilGaryKubiak Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Texas State
Use YoutubeTV for everything on linear channels and for the ESPN/Fox logins to be able to watch more streams on 2nd/3rd screens at times and have the Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle thru my cellphone provider to cover everything else like all the Texas State games this season. Splitting YoutubeTV makes it tolerable enough in price that I always have it however if I was paying for it all myself would probably switch it off during the summer.
08-22-2023 02:31 PM
Advertisement

Johnnychimpo Online
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST, G5, TTU sometimes
Hulu live add on sounds like the way to go in price. YouTube TV which I have has now gone close to an intolerable $100/mo with tax. If I was the account holder on the Disney Plus/ESPN+ bundle and not mooching I would probably just pay to add Hulu Live and be done with YT TV. Bummer.

Will probably switch to FuBo when the season kicks off because the live 4K sports add on for YT is hot garbage on my 82” 60 HZ Samsung Q series TV even with fiber. Heard better things about the live 4K quality with Fubo
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2023 03:00 PM by Johnnychimpo.)
08-22-2023 02:58 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(08-22-2023 02:58 PM)Johnnychimpo Wrote:  Hulu live add on sounds like the way to go in price. YouTube TV which I have has now gone close to an intolerable $100/mo with tax. If I was the account holder on the Disney Plus/ESPN+ bundle and not mooching I would probably just pay to add Hulu Live and be done with YT TV. Bummer.

Will probably switch to FuBo when the season kicks off because the live 4K sports add on for YT is hot garbage on my 82” 60 HZ Samsung Q series TV even with fiber. Heard better things about the live 4K quality with Fubo

If you’re paying almost $100 a month just for YouTube TV it might be worth it to switch. You can get your own Disney+ bundle with Hulu Live for $70. That’s what I do and I added HBO so my monthly total for more content than I could ever watch is $85.
08-22-2023 03:30 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(08-22-2023 03:30 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(08-22-2023 02:58 PM)Johnnychimpo Wrote:  Hulu live add on sounds like the way to go in price. YouTube TV which I have has now gone close to an intolerable $100/mo with tax. If I was the account holder on the Disney Plus/ESPN+ bundle and not mooching I would probably just pay to add Hulu Live and be done with YT TV. Bummer.

If you’re paying almost $100 a month just for YouTube TV it might be worth it to switch. You can get your own Disney+ bundle with Hulu Live for $70. That’s what I do and I added HBO so my monthly total for more content than I could ever watch is $85.

If you have ATT Unlimited you can get free HBO Max.

OTA antenna = free network TV
Sling Orange = $40
ESPN+ = $9.99
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2023 03:46 PM by GreenBison.)
08-22-2023 03:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.