Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC Fall Camp Injury Report?
Bookmark and Share
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Exclamation SBC Fall Camp Injury Report?
One of our backup d-linemen (Armondous Cooley) popped his achilles a few weeks ago and will be medshirting this year. Also, one of our OLBs (Averie Habas) and now 4th string QB Zack Wilcke have "family issues" (per HC Will Hall, not sure what they mean - they're very hush hush about it) and timeline for their returns are TBA. Good news in all of this is, Southern Miss is very deep all along our front seven (and QB) this year so we should be affected that much. We've got about 16-17 dudes that will rotate in and out of those 6-7 positions (whether it's 4-3 or a 3-3 stack).

What's everyone's injury report looking like? Anyone have any significant injuries to significant starters on their teams thus far?
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2023 12:37 PM by TTT.)
08-15-2023 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: SBC Fall Camp Injury Report?
(08-15-2023 12:33 PM)TTT Wrote:  One of our backup d-linemen (Armondous Cooley) popped his achilles a few weeks ago and will be medshirting this year. Also, one of our OLBs (Averie Habas) and now 4th string QB Zack Wilcke have "family issues" (per HC Will Hall, not sure what they mean - they're very hush hush about it) and timeline for their returns are TBA. Good news in all of this is, Southern Miss is very deep all along our front seven (and QB) this year so we should be affected that much. We've got about 16-17 dudes that will rotate in and out of those 6-7 positions (whether it's 4-3 or a 3-3 stack).

What's everyone's injury report looking like? Anyone have any significant injuries to significant starters on their teams thus far?

He reported Habas as having a medical issue. He never said anything about a family issue with Habas. CWH said that Wilcke has a family issue to attend to because he has a family issue to attend to. He hasn't been hush-hush, it's none of our business beyond what CWH already said.
08-15-2023 01:17 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

(08-15-2023 01:17 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  
(08-15-2023 12:33 PM)TTT Wrote:  One of our backup d-linemen (Armondous Cooley) popped his achilles a few weeks ago and will be medshirting this year. Also, one of our OLBs (Averie Habas) and now 4th string QB Zack Wilcke have "family issues" (per HC Will Hall, not sure what they mean - they're very hush hush about it) and timeline for their returns are TBA. Good news in all of this is, Southern Miss is very deep all along our front seven (and QB) this year so we should be affected that much. We've got about 16-17 dudes that will rotate in and out of those 6-7 positions (whether it's 4-3 or a 3-3 stack).

He reported Habas as having a medical issue. He never said anything about a family issue with Habas. CWH said that Wilcke has a family issue to attend to because he has a family issue to attend to. He hasn't been hush-hush, it's none of our business beyond what CWH already said.

I stand correct. I conflated Habas and Wilcke. I must've missed Hall's comment about Habas' being medical related.
08-15-2023 01:38 PM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

(08-15-2023 01:38 PM)TTT Wrote:  
(08-15-2023 01:17 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  

I stand correct. I conflated Habas and Wilcke. I must've missed Hall's comment about Habas' being medical related.

He said on Monday that Habas was back in camp undergoing tests with the medical team. No word on return.
08-15-2023 02:22 PM
Bobcat2013 Online
All American

I Root For: Texas State
Our leading rusher last year, Lincoln Pare, is out for the season. Another RB, Josh Berry, got hurt earlier in the year and will miss the season as well. Some on our board consider him to be our most talented back.

Down to 4 RBs already.
08-15-2023 02:38 PM
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

(08-15-2023 02:38 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  Our leading rusher last year, Lincoln Pare, is out for the season. Another RB, Josh Berry, got hurt earlier in the year and will miss the season as well. Some on our board consider him to be our most talented back.

Down to 4 RBs already.

Dang, that's rough! What's the scouting report on your other 4 RBs?
08-15-2023 03:33 PM
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

Averie Habas of Southern Miss (mentioned earlier) will miss the season with a medical issue.
08-16-2023 10:57 AM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

(08-16-2023 10:57 AM)Eagleholic Wrote:  Averie Habas of Southern Miss (mentioned earlier) will miss the season with a medical issue.

Yep. Hall said it's a "non football-related injury". I'm curious if Habas will make a public statement about it. Regardless, he's in great hands with our staff. Hopefully he'll get a medshirt and return next season.
08-16-2023 12:08 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
The Cajuns have an OL who will miss the season. He missed last season as well. Another player with a health problem who will miss the season also.

As of right now we are in good shape. Possibly our best DL player will be back after a 3 game suspension for a compliance issue.
08-16-2023 04:22 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Online
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(08-15-2023 03:33 PM)TTT Wrote:  
(08-15-2023 02:38 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  Our leading rusher last year, Lincoln Pare, is out for the season. Another RB, Josh Berry, got hurt earlier in the year and will miss the season as well. Some on our board consider him to be our most talented back.

Down to 4 RBs already.

Dang, that's rough! What's the scouting report on your other 4 RBs?

Calvin Hill has been with us since 2020, he was the projected starter. Great RB, does it all, just small.

Jamyl Jeter has also been with us since 2020. Dude is huge, like 6-2 220. In past he has tried to be an east west guy despite his size but last spring it looked like he was started to go downhill more.

Ismail Madhi, transfer from HCU. Apparently the dude is fast af. Ironically he didn't play against us last year, but I assume he did play against Kinne's UIW team and Kinne really liked what he saw. Good enough for me.

Donerio Davenport, JUCO transfer. Apparently was JUCO all American. Seems like every JUCO transfer was an all American though so who knows what that means. Looks to be the most prototypical RB body that we have. Haven't really had one of those since Robert Lowe in 2014.
08-17-2023 06:48 AM
GhostofTheChosenOne Offline
Water Engineer

(08-16-2023 12:08 PM)TTT Wrote:  
(08-16-2023 10:57 AM)Eagleholic Wrote:  Averie Habas of Southern Miss (mentioned earlier) will miss the season with a medical issue.

Yep. Hall said it's a "non football-related injury". I'm curious if Habas will make a public statement about it. Regardless, he's in great hands with our staff. Hopefully he'll get a medshirt and return next season.

Habas put out a statement via Twitter. Did not go into details other than heart condition and had surgery. He intends staying with the team hopefully returning next year. Return subject to medical clearance and NCAA allowance.
08-17-2023 07:35 AM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

First of all, glad he's getting good care from our doctors and I'm hoping he makes a full recovery. Also, it's great that he's still with the team this year.

That being said, this is yet ANOTHER case of a completely healthy athlete having "heart issues". If only there was something to point to for causing these kinds of things. Unreal.
08-17-2023 03:05 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(08-17-2023 03:05 PM)TTT Wrote:  

First of all, glad he's getting good care from our doctors and I'm hoping he makes a full recovery. Also, it's great that he's still with the team this year.

That being said, this is yet ANOTHER case of a completely healthy athlete having "heart issues". If only there was something to point to for causing these kinds of things. Unreal.

I’m 99% sure one of ours is for the same reason.
08-18-2023 03:13 PM
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

(08-18-2023 03:13 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

Who is it?
08-18-2023 04:00 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(08-18-2023 04:00 PM)TTT Wrote:  

Who is it?

A Linebacker.
08-19-2023 12:43 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob

You clowns act like things like are some new thing. Take your conspiracies somewhere else.
08-20-2023 07:28 PM
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

Ou

So many cases. We all know what is causing this.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2023 09:54 PM by SouthernMiss3613.)
08-20-2023 08:29 PM
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Are you implying PEDs?
08-20-2023 08:40 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
No, they are wearing tin foil hats and blaming vaccines
08-25-2023 06:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.