UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conference Schedule
Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Conference Schedule
Here it’s going to be announced on Thursday and we will be very please of the teams coming to Bartow!
07-18-2023 06:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
RE: Conference Schedule
(07-18-2023 06:29 PM)Jball Wrote:  Here it’s going to be announced on Thursday and we will be very please of the teams coming to Bartow!

man I hope you are right.

I never want to see games like Rhodes, Miss College, Thomas U or Lindenwood ever again...

I'd rather watch us do a scrimmage, dunk and 3 pt contest at midnight with fans holding glow sticks....
07-18-2023 06:36 PM
UABFAN23 Offline
1st String

The ones I’m hoping for are Memphis, UNT, FAU, and Wichita state. Anybody else may have trouble pulling in 4K. Tulane and SMU would be next, the rest are meh.
07-18-2023 06:44 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(07-18-2023 06:36 PM)THE_LEGEND Wrote:  
(07-18-2023 06:29 PM)Jball Wrote:  Here it’s going to be announced on Thursday and we will be very please of the teams coming to Bartow!

man I hope you are right.

I never want to see games like Rhodes, Miss College, Thomas U or Lindenwood ever again...

I'd rather watch us do a scrimmage, dunk and 3 pt contest at midnight with fans holding glow sticks....

"Conference Schedule" Non conference is not complete to my knowledge.
07-18-2023 07:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
notnow Offline
1st String

Just conference opponents home and away?
Dates?
07-18-2023 09:56 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(07-18-2023 06:44 PM)UABFAN23 Wrote:  The ones I’m hoping for are Memphis, UNT, FAU, and Wichita state. Anybody else may have trouble pulling in 4K. Tulane and SMU would be next, the rest are meh.

I think this is a very likely bunch based off what we’ve seen and heard the conference say it would do with the top teams.
07-19-2023 07:17 AM
Advertisement

jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Has to be Memphis coming here
07-19-2023 08:41 AM
UABFAN23 Offline
1st String

Thinking about it more.

Hope to get a regular home & home with Memphis, Wichita state, FAU, UNT. So that’s 8 games. Then rotating a 5th home and home with SMU, Tulsa or Tulane. That’s 2 games. Then the rest can be played once a year. 8 games. My math is probably bad.

Assuming that my top choices stay at the top of the league and beneficial to SOS. No benefit to playing UTSA, ECU, Rice, Tulane, Charlotte, South Florida, or Temple more than once right now.

This is why I wanted Marshall, La Tech, and Liberty to go with us instead. Decent in both top sports.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2023 09:25 AM by UABFAN23.)
07-19-2023 09:19 AM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

Tulane is expected to be good this season. Playing them twice wouldn’t be horrible.
07-19-2023 09:33 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
SMU has a solid roster too. We will see what the team looks like in real life. It would actually be beneficially to have the pod system set up in some format just to protect/help the top bunch of teams every year. It's always going to be a preseason guessing game with the roster turnover these days. Hell, we are all fairly confident UAB will have a solid team this season, but that isn't based off of much more than faith in Kennedy if we are being honest.
07-19-2023 09:40 AM
UABFAN23 Offline
1st String

And that I don’t respect more than half the members of the league we are joining. Expectations should be that we are top 3-4 in this league every year. With Memphis, Wichita state, and the spoiler.
07-19-2023 09:44 AM
Advertisement

Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
South Florida hired the guy from Kennesaw State and then he brought most of that roster to Tampa. I'm confident they are a team we look forward to over the next 2-3 seasons until he gets hired away.

Temple is also one, at least historically, that y'all are overlooking. They're 3rd in the AAC historical KenPom rankings, and they moved on from McKie for a reason (even if their search was kind of a mess).

Memphis, FAU, UNT, Wichita St, Temple, SMU, Tulane & Tulsa should all be resume building programs for us.
07-19-2023 02:40 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I wish the American could have hung on to a couple of basketball schools with historical ties to many of us that are now in the A-10: Saint Louis and Dayton. Or have convinced VCU to come on with Wichita.
07-19-2023 03:06 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(07-19-2023 09:19 AM)UABFAN23 Wrote:  Thinking about it more.

Hope to get a regular home & home with Memphis, Wichita state, FAU, UNT. So that’s 8 games. Then rotating a 5th home and home with SMU, Tulsa or Tulane. That’s 2 games. Then the rest can be played once a year. 8 games. My math is probably bad.

Assuming that my top choices stay at the top of the league and beneficial to SOS. No benefit to playing UTSA, ECU, Rice, Tulane, Charlotte, South Florida, or Temple more than once right now.

This is why I wanted Marshall, La Tech, and Liberty to go with us instead. Decent in both top sports.

F*** La Tech!
07-19-2023 07:20 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
If we never played La Tech again it would not hurt my feelings.
07-19-2023 09:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-19-2023 09:56 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  If we never played La Tech again it would not hurt my feelings.

I second that
07-20-2023 10:17 AM
Advertisement

UABFAN23 Offline
1st String

I don’t mind having a hated rival. We don’t have that with anybody else in the AAC. Not even Memphis. We own them in football, they own us in hoops. Connection being Gene. It’ll hurt not having USM or La Tech to spit at and give a big “F you” when we play in football. Again, I didn’t want USM coming with us hoops wise, but some of y’all old heads convinced AK to put em on noncon schedule…
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2023 10:43 AM by UABFAN23.)
07-20-2023 10:41 AM
Slushey51 Offline
Bench Warmer

The Blazers home and away opponents include Florida Atlantic, Memphis, North Texas, SMU, and Tulane.

Bartow Arena will host East Carolina, Rice, South Florida, and Wichita State.

UAB will hit the road to face Charlotte, Temple, UTSA, Tulsa.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2023 11:11 AM by Slushey51.)
07-20-2023 11:09 AM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

(07-20-2023 11:09 AM)Slushey51 Wrote:  The Blazers home and away opponents include Florida Atlantic, Memphis, North Texas, SMU, and Tulane.

Bartow Arena will host East Carolina, Rice, South Florida, and Wichita State.

UAB will hit the road to face Charlotte, Temple, UTSA, Tulsa.

For our away schedule, I’ve been to FAU (not for a UAB game), Memphis, North Texas, Charlotte, Tulsa (WBB in the CUSA tournament), and UTSA.

Temple and Tulsa will be the top of my priority list this year, since those will rotate. Hopefully, we’ll play UNT & SMU on the road in the same week.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2023 12:08 PM by Marathon Blazer.)
07-20-2023 11:16 AM
UABFAN23 Offline
1st String

Pleased with our home & away pairings. Would trade Tulane for Wichita state. Charlotte while losing a lot, will still be tough road game because we don’t take them seriously. Tulsa, always tough on road. They should rebound as Konkol brought in many transfers.

Cupcake city for home only.

Feel good about games at UTSA and temple.

When talking about POD play, seems like AAC wasn’t playing around by the way they did the H&A pairings. They want to insure we have multiple bids and multiple chances at q1 or q2 wins
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2023 11:25 AM by UABFAN23.)
07-20-2023 11:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.