Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Man, we were spoiled
Bookmark and Share
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
Man, we were spoiled
Last year at this time we were all spoiled with news every day about SBC new teams and pieces moving on the football board nationwide. We had all the drama from CUSA and the court cases, etc. It was enough info and interconference fighting to carry the board well into summer.

I appreciate the effort of the anonymous remarks thread and the guess the records thread. That's some good gap material from spring to fall. Seems like sports seasons get shorter as I get older and the space between just keeps growing.

Nothing new to say, just acknowledging that very few summers are as good as last year for college sports message board fans. I'm excited for this coming season. We all know each other now and can get down to hate instead of the big circle jerk of support, except, of course, when any SBC team is playing anyone outside this conference. We're blessed with good geographic and historical rivalries. Let's make the most of them. With that said, @#$% App JMU ODU GS GSU and CCU!!!! Suck it.
07-02-2023 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AvgSportsFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Sports
RE: Man, we were spoiled
(07-02-2023 01:38 PM)MUther Wrote:  Last year at this time we were all spoiled with news every day about SBC new teams and pieces moving on the football board nationwide. We had all the drama from CUSA and the court cases, etc. It was enough info and interconference fighting to carry the board well into summer.

I appreciate the effort of the anonymous remarks thread and the guess the records thread. That's some good gap material from spring to fall. Seems like sports seasons get shorter as I get older and the space between just keeps growing.

Nothing new to say, just acknowledging that very few summers are as good as last year for college sports message board fans. I'm excited for this coming season. We all know each other now and can get down to hate instead of the big circle jerk of support, except, of course, when any SBC team is playing anyone outside this conference. We're blessed with good geographic and historical rivalries. Let's make the most of them. With that said, @#$% App JMU ODU GS GSU and CCU!!!! Suck it.

Dang man! Everyone in the east? Lamo.
07-02-2023 02:08 PM
Xeonon Away
1st String

I Root For: jmu
??
07-02-2023 04:47 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
[Image: 7rbiz8.jpg]
07-02-2023 05:24 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Gonna be nice kicking everyone’s ass in football again.
07-02-2023 06:56 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(07-02-2023 01:38 PM)MUther Wrote:  Last year at this time we were all spoiled with news every day about SBC new teams and pieces moving on the football board nationwide. We had all the drama from CUSA and the court cases, etc. It was enough info and interconference fighting to carry the board well into summer.

Its really aggravating you leaving the west out!
07-02-2023 10:28 PM
lelandhardy Online
2nd String

I Root For: Georgia Southern
(07-02-2023 10:28 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  

I’ll be in Oklahoma City during the Arkansas State-Oklahoma game. Think it’s worth getting a ticket, or will it realistically be a blowout? I want to support a Sun Belt team and have something to do that weekend.
07-03-2023 02:21 AM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
(07-03-2023 02:21 AM)lelandhardy Wrote:  

I’ll be in Oklahoma City during the Arkansas State-Oklahoma game. Think it’s worth getting a ticket, or will it realistically be a blowout? I want to support a Sun Belt team and have something to do that weekend.

Looks like OU will be favored by 33.5 with a total of 62.5 so looking 48 to 14/15 and 2% chance of stAte winning outright.

https://www.dimers.com/news/arkansas-sta...2023-38106
07-03-2023 06:12 AM
Herdfan1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Herd

There's someone west of Mobile? 0 : )
07-03-2023 09:54 AM
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(07-03-2023 06:12 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  
(07-03-2023 02:21 AM)lelandhardy Wrote:  

Looks like OU will be favored by 33.5 with a total of 62.5 so looking 48 to 14/15 and 2% chance of stAte winning outright.

https://www.dimers.com/news/arkansas-sta...2023-38106

Just for perspective, 33.5 point spreads get upset once every five years. I do think this is easy money though as far as beating the spread goes. Not buying the OU hype, and the Red Wovles are better than their record.
07-03-2023 10:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies

I said geographic and historic rivals. No one in the west except USM is a rival for us. Troy would be a close 2nd having played them 4 times, I think. Everyone else is no more than 2 times or out of division or more than 30 years ago. Give it time!
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2023 03:32 PM by MUther.)
07-04-2023 03:29 PM
Bobcats2011 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TXST / SMU / All of TX
(07-02-2023 01:38 PM)MUther Wrote:  Let's make the most of them. With that said, @#$% App JMU ODU GS GSU and CCU!!!! Suck it.

For 2023 football season definitely going to have to agree with you on Coastal and Georgia Southern
07-04-2023 10:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.