Part Two - Louisiana
Part Three - Appalachian State
Part Four - Arkansas State
Part Five - Southern Miss
Part Six - Georgia State
Part Seven - ULM
Part Eight - Marshall
Part Nine - Troy

The anonymous survey responders now give their take on one of the pleasant surprises from last season, South Alabama.

This was one of the survey questions that was screwed up in the original questionnaire, hence the lesser number of answers. Thanks to those who re-did the survey on the addendum later on.

Some troll answers were deleted, spelling and grammar are as is.

-

West frontrunner. Game vs Marshall will determine host of the conference title game.

Could be really good or they team could implode.

The rivalry with Troy will decide the west

Bowl Team

The have a great coach and expect them to win a lot this year. A pretty good shot to win the West division.

They shocked the doubters in 2022. They might have finally figured out a formula of success that they can build on.

Loaded from top to bottom

Still building a brand, on the up; 7-5

Tough one here. These guys have to avoid the sophomore slump. Can they manage expectations? If they can they will be in for a big year. The jaguars are very high in returning production. Bradley and Webb are back and Corey Batoon is back to lead an impressive defense from a year ago. I'm gonna shoot high here and say this a 9-3 to 11-1 team. They should be picked to win the SBC West in the preseason coaches poll.

WIll represent the West in the SBC Championship game (and no, I am not a USA fan).

Being a South fan, i'm sad to say that the Jags will not reach 10 wins this year,

10-2

Should be a contender

Pre-season, at least, Jags seem like the team to chase this year. Likely champs
They do so well they end up losing their coach before their bowl game.

I think they will be top 3-4 best teams in the west. I look at them as being on the same performance level as Southern Miss and Louisiana. Troy is better.

8-4. Don’t think they’ll have same season as last year and I don’t think they will be able to win some that they squeaked out. Cinderella run last year in an upside down sun belt season.
South Alabama was the best team in the conference last year. This year they will be middle of the pack in the west.

On rise

Blah but will be upper middle of the pack

Much better. Could compete with Troy for west title

Should be a contender for the West.

Dark horse

I'd like to say they'll finally get over the hump and go the Sunbelt Championship game. but I also have seen enough USA football to know that they'll win a couple they shouldn't and lose a couple they shouldn't as well. Definitely going to a bowl.

8-4

May be the team to beat.

Will build on last years success and will win 9-10 games in 2023. Will be interesting to see if they can dethrone Troy for the Belt and SBC West.

Good football team
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2023 02:56 PM by T-Dog.)
06-25-2023 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Anonymous Sun Belt Football Fan Thoughts Part 10 - South Alabama
I didn’t complete a survey (before or after it was fixed) but I came close to doing it so I could answer “Option 1” for both USA and GSU.

I’m mixed on what we will see from the Jags. We aren’t sneaking up on anyone this year. It wouldn’t surprise me for us to go 7-5 or 11-1 or somewhere in between. USA benefitted last year by drawing ODU and GS from the East and facing a pretty soft OOC slate. That changes this year (at least on paper) as we get JMU and Marshall from the East and play Tulane and Oklahoma State OOC. The Jag season opens at Tulane. We will have a little taste of what the 2023 Jags are about right off the bat.
06-25-2023 04:25 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
(06-25-2023 04:25 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  I didn’t complete a survey (before or after it was fixed) but I came close to doing it so I could answer “Option 1” for both USA and GSU.

I’m mixed on what we will see from the Jags. We aren’t sneaking up on anyone this year. It wouldn’t surprise me for us to go 7-5 or 11-1 or somewhere in between. USA benefitted last year by drawing ODU and GS from the East and facing a pretty soft OOC slate. That changes this year (at least on paper) as we get JMU and Marshall from the East and play Tulane and Oklahoma State OOC. The Jag season opens at Tulane. We will have a little taste of what the 2023 Jags are about right off the bat.

I'm still pissed about UCLA.
06-25-2023 04:50 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(06-25-2023 04:50 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  I'm still pissed about UCLA.

Me too. I bet the Bruins aren’t excited to be opening with Coastal this year.
06-25-2023 06:36 PM
Advertisement

Eagleholic Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
My preseason pick to win the West with all of the returners that they have. I do think Troy, Southern Miss, and to a lesser degree, Louisiana are also title contenders.
06-27-2023 12:21 PM
BlueBird10 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia Southern
Saving the best for last it seems. 03-nutkick
06-27-2023 01:25 PM
T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
(06-27-2023 01:25 PM)BlueBird10 Wrote:  Saving the best for last it seems. 03-nutkick

It was a random sorting and there's 14 teams now. 07-coffee3
06-27-2023 04:22 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
(06-25-2023 04:25 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  I didn’t complete a survey (before or after it was fixed) but I came close to doing it so I could answer “Option 1” for both USA and GSU.

My big conference wish is for USA and USM to both take down Tulane this year, and then they waltz thru the AAC. Will try to catch that game, even if it means watching on my phone.

Rooting for USA nearly every week, except 9/30 04-cheers
06-27-2023 07:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.