Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA reportedly expressing interest....
Bookmark and Share
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
CUSA reportedly expressing interest....
CUSA reportedly expressing interest in Stephen F. Austin and Tarleton.

Link
https://www.texasfootball.com/article/20...review_img
06-18-2023 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GTFletch Offline
All American

RE: CUSA reportedly expressing interest....
C-USA representatives heard formal presentations from Tarleton and Eastern Kentucky at its conference basketball tournament but have decided against adding either school at this time.

Link
https://www.texasfootball.com/article/20...ated_thumb
06-18-2023 08:57 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(06-18-2023 08:56 AM)GTFletch Wrote:  CUSA reportedly expressing interest in Stephen F. Austin and Tarleton.

Link

Just Say No !

To Tarley Town
06-18-2023 10:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
There are already too many FBS programs in Texas.
06-18-2023 11:01 AM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Lol. The article never says anything about CUSA expressing any interest in Tarleton or SFA recently. Just a click bait post.
06-18-2023 11:25 AM
Advertisement

GTFletch Offline
All American

(06-18-2023 11:25 AM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Lol. The article never says anything about CUSA expressing any interest in Tarleton or SFA recently. Just a click bait post.

C-USA also considered adding Tarleton State and Eastern Kentucky. In March, at the conference basketball tournament, C-USA presidents heard formal presentations from both schools, but the league decided not to add either at this time, sources said.

Link
https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/cinc...ttMcMurphy
06-18-2023 12:25 PM
GTFletch Offline
All American

Conference USA announces Kennesaw State will join league in 2024-25
From the Athletic: by Chris Vannini Dated: Oct 14, 2022

The addition of Kennesaw State will increase the FBS to 134 teams in 2024. FCS members Sam Houston and Jacksonville State are set to join C-USA next year, along with FBS independents Liberty and New Mexico State.

“The examples are everywhere,” C-USA commissioner Judy MacLeod told The Athletic about FCS teams finding FBS success. “That doesn’t scare us, as long as the commitment and the plan is there.”

Several FCS teams over the past decade have found quick success after moving up to the FBS, including Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina and James Madison, which is ranked 25th in the AP poll just five games into its FBS existence.

Potential candidates to join C-USA if it expands further include: Tarleton State, Eastern Kentucky, Missouri State, Stephen F. Austin and McNeese State, among others, according to multiple league sources.

Link
https://theathletic.com/3693695/2022/10/...alignment/
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2023 12:30 PM by GTFletch.)
06-18-2023 12:29 PM
Bearkat21 Online
2nd String

I Root For: Sam Houston
(06-18-2023 12:25 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  
(06-18-2023 11:25 AM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Lol. The article never says anything about CUSA expressing any interest in Tarleton or SFA recently. Just a click bait post.

C-USA also considered adding Tarleton State and Eastern Kentucky. In March, at the conference basketball tournament, C-USA presidents heard formal presentations from both schools, but the league decided not to add either at this time, sources said.

Link

This is old news. Tarleton has been turned down on 2 separate occasions now. they're not likely to be added by a conference until a new round of realignment happens. C USA would be very Texas heavy if both SFA and Tarleton were added in. Most evidence I've been seeing lately has Missouri St or EKU being added before either TSU or SFA are added. I'd be happy to add SFA and less happy with adding Tarleton personally.
06-18-2023 12:30 PM
GTFletch Offline
All American

(06-18-2023 12:30 PM)Bearkat21 Wrote:  

Link

This is old news. Tarleton has been turned down on 2 separate occasions now. they're not likely to be added by a conference until a new round of realignment happens. C USA would be very Texas heavy if both SFA and Tarleton were added in. Most evidence I've been seeing lately has Missouri St or EKU being added before either TSU or SFA are added. I'd be happy to add SFA and less happy with adding Tarleton personally.

Not what I read... I actually read that Tarleton is a year or two away from being prepared to transition to FBS. Tarleton is about to begin its fourth and final year transitioning to FCS from Division II. However, a transition to FBS would be difficult for the Texans football program in the short term because of the money needed to fund 85 scholarships. As for football facilities, Tarleton is in decent shape for a move to FBS with a stadium expansion currently underway. The Texans expanded their stadium to a capacity of 24,000 last year and continue to upgrade current facilities with plans to build a new complex for the basketball team.

I believe if at anytime CUSA tries to expand in the future Eastern Kentucky or Tarleton will get another look.
06-18-2023 12:38 PM
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(06-18-2023 12:38 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  

Link

Not what I read... I actually read that Tarleton is a year or two away from being prepared to transition to FBS. Tarleton is about to begin its fourth and final year transitioning to FCS from Division II. However, a transition to FBS would be difficult for the Texans football program in the short term because of the money needed to fund 85 scholarships. As for football facilities, Tarleton is in decent shape for a move to FBS with a stadium expansion currently underway. The Texans expanded their stadium to a capacity of 24,000 last year and continue to upgrade current facilities with plans to build a new complex for the basketball team.

I believe if at anytime CUSA tries to expand in the future Eastern Kentucky or Tarleton will get another look.

That's the point we are making. Just because Tarleton says they may be ready for an FBS transition in a couple years and the fact CUSA listened to their presentations and said no thanks at that time, no where in those links does it say "CUSA is now interested". Get back with us when they do. This is all old news that some are speculating about. Nothing new to see here.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2023 01:39 PM by WKUApollo.)
06-18-2023 01:36 PM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State

Link

Don't get fooled by the 24k capacity. Have you actually looked at pictures of the stadium? It screams FCS balling on a budget
06-18-2023 01:50 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(06-18-2023 08:56 AM)GTFletch Wrote:  CUSA reportedly expressing interest in Stephen F. Austin and Tarleton.

Link

WHERE you been sir? You come to this board and plop down an article from MAY 2nd like it is some kind of

"new" news.

That article is old and is just speculation. Full of statements people here have known for MONTHS--if not longer.

I suggest you stick to ACC "historical" news.07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2023 06:46 PM by TOPSTRAIGHT.)
06-18-2023 04:36 PM
jones682 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
Bro leave Tarleton were they are at.
06-18-2023 05:37 PM
Advertisement

jones682 Offline
1st String

(06-18-2023 08:57 AM)GTFletch Wrote:  C-USA representatives heard formal presentations from Tarleton and Eastern Kentucky at its conference basketball tournament but have decided against adding either school at this time.

Link
https://www.texasfootball.com/article/20...ated_thumb

This is old news. They showed the presentations before KSU was added.
06-18-2023 05:39 PM
jones682 Offline
1st String

Link

Tarleton State budget is 12M - 13M. KSU budget is 32M, JSU budget is 22M and SHSU budget is 19M.
06-18-2023 05:43 PM
EatEmUp11 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Sam Houston State
(06-18-2023 05:37 PM)jones682 Wrote:  Bro leave Tarleton were they are at.
Agreed, bro. Even if it made financial cents for CUSA to expand, TARLETON shouldn’t be the option. Other FCS schools should be looked at, and I’ll assume that’s what will happen when we do add schools.
06-18-2023 06:24 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(06-18-2023 04:36 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  

Link

WHERE you been sir? You come to this board and plop down an article from MAY 2nd like it is some kind of

"new" news.

That article is old and is just speculation. Full of statements people here have known for MONTHS--if not longer.

I suggest you stick to ACC "historical" news.07-coffee3

ARCHAIC HISTORY. Fletch must have been on a LONG vacation.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2023 06:45 PM by TOPSTRAIGHT.)
06-18-2023 06:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.