Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

*IF* realignment knocks on the Sun Belt door...
Bookmark and Share
8993 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
*IF* realignment knocks on the Sun Belt door...
If realignment comes knocking on the door of the Sun Belt, who are we vibing with and would want to jump in with us?

Is it too obvious to pull WKU and MTSU back in? Do we wait awhile and see if ECU wants to join a more football-centric conference? Do we go in a different direction and see what Missouri State is up to? Do we wait all of them out and stick with what we've got, assuming nobody takes the first bus out of town?

What is the group consensus here? I know this had been talked through ad nauseum, but it's the off-season and I'm curious to know where most SBC fans are after a year of our current lineup.
06-04-2023 08:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Retroview1955 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
RE: *IF* realignment knocks on the Sun Belt door...
What happens if a P5 comes for a SBC school?
06-04-2023 08:18 PM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
I'd be good with WKU. Not sure about MTSU, but at the same time not sure who else would make a good partner for WKU
06-04-2023 08:20 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
ECU - LaTech. One good east. One good west. Everyone else can remain stranded. Absolute monster baseball potential.

Actually I think we are sitting pretty right now. Just keep building on success and the sky is (almost) the limit. Let others beg to get in kinda like we did. 04-cheers
06-04-2023 08:28 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Good grief…again with this topic.
06-04-2023 08:31 PM
olddawg Online
Hall of Famer

I would defer to longer time SB members and those with a history w/ La Tech. I thought there was bad blood between Tech and the Louisiana schools, especially ULM? And what about Tech thinking they were too good for the Sun Belt?
06-04-2023 08:42 PM
Advertisement

Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(06-04-2023 08:42 PM)olddawg Wrote:  I would defer to longer time SB members and those with a history w/ La Tech. I thought there was bad blood between Tech and the Louisiana schools, especially ULM? And what about Tech thinking they were too good for the Sun Belt?

At one time, JMU also thought they were to good for the SBC, holding out for that all desired CUSA invite.
06-04-2023 08:58 PM
Dukes_Royals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison University
(06-04-2023 08:58 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(06-04-2023 08:42 PM)olddawg Wrote:  I would defer to longer time SB members and those with a history w/ La Tech. I thought there was bad blood between Tech and the Louisiana schools, especially ULM? And what about Tech thinking they were too good for the Sun Belt?

At one time, JMU also thought they were to good for the SBC, holding out for that all desired CUSA invite.

I don't think JMU would have joined if it wasn't for Marshall and ODU joining at the same time. My understanding was JMU was more holding out for the AAC invite which didn't make sense after the AAC got raided.
06-04-2023 09:02 PM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
I think the only reason we should expand is if a school fits all these criteria.

1) Been consistently good through more than 3 straight head coaches in football. Is at least ok in basketball and baseball.
2) Fits inside the regional footprint of the Sun Belt.
3) Is not a small private school.
4) Increases the money the Sun Belt receives in it's tv contract.

Anyone that does not fit this I don't want.
06-04-2023 09:09 PM
Eagle Talon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(06-04-2023 08:28 PM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  ECU - LaTech. One good east. One good west. Everyone else can remain stranded. Absolute monster baseball potential.

Actually I think we are sitting pretty right now. Just keep building on success and the sky is (almost) the limit. Let others beg to get in kinda like we did. 04-cheers

Yes to this. Baseball would be sick. Football would continue to stand out. Even if no one leaves I would like this move.
06-04-2023 09:14 PM
Big Buds Online
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(06-04-2023 09:14 PM)Eagle Talon Wrote:  
(06-04-2023 08:28 PM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  ECU - LaTech. One good east. One good west. Everyone else can remain stranded. Absolute monster baseball potential.

Yes to this. Baseball would be sick. Football would continue to stand out. Even if no one leaves I would like this move.
Three teams in Louisiana is a bit much but I’ve never been against LaTech as a conference foe. The hatred is real between us. It’s not like the respectable rivalry Louisiana has with Southern Miss. I genuinely despise everything Tech.
06-04-2023 09:32 PM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(06-04-2023 09:32 PM)Big Buds Wrote:  
(06-04-2023 09:14 PM)Eagle Talon Wrote:  

Three teams in Louisiana is a bit much but I’ve never been against LaTech as a conference foe. The hatred is real between us. It’s not like the respectable rivalry Louisiana has with Southern Miss. I genuinely despise everything Tech.

Only if they are denied access to the forums. They bring their own whine to the party and it's in a giant cardboard box. That plus constant garbage between the 3 Ls would get gross, fast.
06-04-2023 09:36 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

Y’all please stop bringing up this topic every week.
06-04-2023 09:47 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

Consult the other realignment posts that have popped up every 2-3 weeks for the answer to that.
06-04-2023 10:01 PM
Yosef181 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
(06-04-2023 10:01 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  Consult the other realignment posts that have popped up every 2-3 weeks for the answer to that.

Or check out the realignment board, but many people post their own wild fantasies instead of basing anything in logic. I'm not sure why Matt Brown is still on there, being a legitimate journalist.

Still, if you need to get your realignment fix, that's a place to do it.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2023 10:18 PM by Yosef181.)
06-04-2023 10:16 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(06-04-2023 08:18 PM)Retroview1955 Wrote:  What happens if a P5 comes for a SBC school?

Not happening for quite a while.
06-04-2023 10:29 PM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-04-2023 09:47 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  Y’all please stop bringing up this topic every week.

Amen.
06-04-2023 11:09 PM
TrojansOneandAll Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy
(06-04-2023 08:13 PM)8993 Wrote:  If realignment comes knocking on the door of the Sun Belt, who are we vibing with and would want to jump in with us?

Is it too obvious to pull WKU and MTSU back in? Do we wait awhile and see if ECU wants to join a more football-centric conference? Do we go in a different direction and see what Missouri State is up to? Do we wait all of them out and stick with what we've got, assuming nobody takes the first bus out of town?

What is the group consensus here? I know this had been talked through ad nauseum, but it's the off-season and I'm curious to know where most SBC fans are after a year of our current lineup.

[Image: 4sx4OMC.jpg]
06-05-2023 03:34 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(06-04-2023 08:58 PM)Usajags Wrote:  

No comparison with the Dukes attitude and tech. JMU has been a good addition! tech wouldn't be. They have never built anything. Let 'em rot.
06-05-2023 06:36 AM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

(06-04-2023 09:09 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  I think the only reason we should expand is if a school fits all these criteria.

1) Been consistently good through more than 3 straight head coaches in football. Is at least ok in basketball and baseball.
2) Fits inside the regional footprint of the Sun Belt.
3) Is not a small private school.
4) Increases the money the Sun Belt receives in it's tv contract.

Anyone that does not fit this I don't want.
#4 is key and why we aren't expanding.
06-05-2023 06:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.