Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hey JMU fans
Bookmark and Share
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Hey JMU fans
We have met several JMU fans in town for baseball. You guys are some of the best opposing fans I’ve ever encountered. I don’t know much about JMU but I know good people. It’s great to be in the SBC with you.
04-15-2023 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
RE: Hey JMU fans
Very glad to hear! The feeling is mutual, Southern Miss is a school I'm thrilled to be sharing a conference with and I loved meeting some of your fans in Pensacola as well. I have nothing but good things to say about every Southern Miss fan I met!
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2023 02:01 PM by KickItToScotty.)
04-15-2023 01:45 PM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

I’ve seen nothing but respect across the SBC fan base, between football, baseball and the SBC tournament. It’s very refreshing.
04-15-2023 02:13 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(04-15-2023 02:13 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  I’ve seen nothing but respect across the SBC fan base, between football, baseball and the SBC tournament. It’s very refreshing.

Its what makes the league fun, fans genuinely seem to root for each other, with some notable exceptions.
04-15-2023 04:54 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(04-15-2023 04:54 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-15-2023 02:13 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  I’ve seen nothing but respect across the SBC fan base, between football, baseball and the SBC tournament. It’s very refreshing.

Its what makes the league fun, fans genuinely seem to root for each other, with some notable exceptions.

Yeah but that are just miserable people......
04-15-2023 05:13 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(04-15-2023 04:54 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

A lot of fan bases that are the right combination of proud, passionate, and friendly. Makes for heated competition and fun rivalries without being to the point where you legit can't stand to be around certain teams' fans.
04-15-2023 05:47 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
During one of the games this weekend they talked about how some JMU fans got into town early and went somewhere for dinner, due to them wearing purple and gold the service wasn't great until a member of the staff figured out they weren't LSU fans and then the service picked up.
04-17-2023 06:13 AM
SouthernMissSNu Offline
1st String

The JMU fans I met this weekend were some of the nicest people. They set up a tailgate in the parking lot and were out there hours before the game started partying, drinking, having a great time. Met a lot of the parents of players who said that the USM series was circled on their list as somewhere they were looking forward to travel to.
04-17-2023 08:01 AM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
(04-17-2023 06:13 AM)gdunn Wrote:  During one of the games this weekend they talked about how some JMU fans got into town early and went somewhere for dinner, due to them wearing purple and gold the service wasn't great until a member of the staff figured out they weren't LSU fans and then the service picked up.

Can't tell if this is tongue in cheek...but either way, that's pretty hilarious.

Thanks for the nice thread - meeting JMUers and coming to our campus is wayyyy better than keyboard warrior experience
04-17-2023 08:27 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(04-17-2023 08:27 AM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  
(04-17-2023 06:13 AM)gdunn Wrote:  During one of the games this weekend they talked about how some JMU fans got into town early and went somewhere for dinner, due to them wearing purple and gold the service wasn't great until a member of the staff figured out they weren't LSU fans and then the service picked up.

Can't tell if this is tongue in cheek...but either way, that's pretty hilarious.

Thanks for the nice thread - meeting JMUers and coming to our campus is wayyyy better than keyboard warrior experience

I don't know.. I'm just repeating the story..

There was a scene where Hill Denson had a photo of the park in the early days when he was a coach and talking to several JMU fans, which I thought was cool.

Glad the JMU folk had a good time in Hattiesburg, aside from the game.
04-17-2023 09:55 AM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

JMU fans were good ambassadors, but really, most all SBC fans that have come through Hattiesburg this year have been very vocal on enjoying the trip and being happy we are in SBC with them. It's refreshing.
04-17-2023 10:30 AM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

It was a long time ago, maybe 10 years or more, we had a main message board located elsewhere, but one poster offered up a school and listed numerous accomplishments and attributes, basically the school we should aspire to be like, then challenged all the other JMU posters to tell him who the school that he described. He was speaking of Southern Miss.
04-18-2023 08:09 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(04-18-2023 08:09 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  It was a long time ago, maybe 10 years or more, we had a main message board located elsewhere, but one poster offered up a school and listed numerous accomplishments and attributes, basically the school we should aspire to be like, then challenged all the other JMU posters to tell him who the school that he described. He was speaking of Southern Miss.

We did that exact same thing on the AState board in 2010 and 2011. Then USM hired Ellis Johnson, and we suddenly decided Boise was a better role model.
04-18-2023 09:31 AM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana

I can tell you from experience, he is correct about LSU fans; they are the most obnoxious on the planet.
04-18-2023 10:05 AM
BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I've found that baseball fans are just different from other sports. Opposing crowds tend to be welcomed and treated very well. We had some App fans come to Russo Park this year and they just raved about everything Cajuns.

I'm looking forward to my first trip to Harrisonburg this weekend.
04-18-2023 10:15 AM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

(04-18-2023 09:31 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-18-2023 08:09 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  It was a long time ago, maybe 10 years or more, we had a main message board located elsewhere, but one poster offered up a school and listed numerous accomplishments and attributes, basically the school we should aspire to be like, then challenged all the other JMU posters to tell him who the school that he described. He was speaking of Southern Miss.

We did that exact same thing on the AState board in 2010 and 2011. Then USM hired Ellis Johnson, and we suddenly decided Boise was a better role model.

It wasn't just Elloss. He was a horrendous hire amongst three middling-to-terrible presidents, three ineffective-to-lazy ADs, another blundering football hire (Hopson) and the king of sweatpants in basketball, Doc Sadler. All of those hires clawed away what we had going for us as the new millennium dawned.
04-18-2023 10:47 AM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-18-2023 10:05 AM)Vobserver Wrote:  

I can tell you from experience, he is correct about LSU fans; they are the most obnoxious on the planet.

I guess you've not been around VA Tech fans.
04-18-2023 11:34 AM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
(04-18-2023 11:34 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

I won't comment further, as I don't want to derail the thread.
04-18-2023 12:44 PM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

Do Va Tech fans smell like corn dogs?
04-18-2023 01:24 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-18-2023 01:24 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  

Do Va Tech fans smell like corn dogs?

I don't know if you've ever been around a bunch of turkeys, but dam^ if they aren't noisy, yet say absolutely nothing. That's exactly what a bunch of VA Tech fans sound like. By the way their previous name was "The Gobblers", which was a terrific fit. They still sound off that stupid turkey call at certain times of a game
04-18-2023 02:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.