Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Predict The School..
The WEST is the BEST Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Predict The School..
that will sign the FAU MBB coach. The Owls will not have the funds to retain his services. It would be great to see what he could build at FAU, but historically FAU does not get into a bidding war for a coach's services. And let's not forget about the immediate need for a new arena and dedicated practice facility. May will enjoy a significant increase in his standard of living after this Cinderella season, an increase will deserved.
03-24-2023 06:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TyBull Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF / GA Tech
RE: Predict The School..
USF.....
03-24-2023 07:35 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
He’s an Indiana native (was a student manager under Bobby Knight), so I’d normally guess somewhere in the Big 10 but there aren’t any openings there - yet.

The only semi big jobs still open are Cal and Texas Tech, and he really doesn’t make sense for either of those schools. Of course maybe something else opens up after the season is over.
03-24-2023 07:40 AM
GreenGoldBlzr Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB
He'll stay at FAU for at least one more year.
03-24-2023 07:54 AM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
AAC should use some of the UH and Cincinnati exit fees to help FAU hold onto him for another year.
03-24-2023 07:59 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
Even before this run I'd read that he was going to be picky about his next stop. What's left? Penn State, Texas & California? 2 of those are impossible to win, so I'm sure he'll pass. Texas is definitely the one he'd leave for, but I have a feeling they're going to lure away Jerome Tang or potentially even Billy Donovan. Unless Ohio State makes a last minute pivot to get rid of Holtman then I feel pretty comfortable saying that Dusty May will be back in Boca for 2024. And I, for one, am terrified.
03-24-2023 08:57 AM
Advertisement

Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-24-2023 08:57 AM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  Even before this run I'd read that he was going to be picky about his next stop. What's left? Penn State, Texas & California? 2 of those are impossible to win, so I'm sure he'll pass. Texas is definitely the one he'd leave for, but I have a feeling they're going to lure away Jerome Tang or potentially even Billy Donovan. Unless Ohio State makes a last minute pivot to get rid of Holtman then I feel pretty comfortable saying that Dusty May will be back in Boca for 2024. And I, for one, am terrified.

No need for Univ of Texas to do a coaching search. They will make interim coach Rodney Terry the permanent head basketball coach. He’s done a great job.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2023 01:22 PM by Green Menace.)
03-24-2023 01:22 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
Predict The School..
Hope he's smart enough to wait for a good basketball job instead of a place like Penn State or Cal

He could do very well at an Ohio State type though

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
03-24-2023 01:40 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I think the timing will keep him at FAU with a raise and he’ll have his pick of jobs next season as the Owls should be good again.

The bigger question for FAU, with a stacked team coming back, is whether they can keep it intact. Lots of schools will be trying to get some Owls to enter the portal.
03-24-2023 02:21 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Will be interesting to see what happens. I wish FAU the best. The more competition in the AAC, the better.
03-24-2023 02:26 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(03-24-2023 01:40 PM)Ragu Wrote:  Hope he's smart enough to wait for a good basketball job instead of a place like Penn State or Cal

He should be smart this offseason if he feels good about bringing everyone back. His stock can really go up next year.

I think he'll leave for the right job, but I'm not convinced he'll jump this year when he knows he'll have a team next year. He can be really selective at least for a season.
03-24-2023 02:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(03-24-2023 07:40 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  He’s an Indiana native (was a student manager under Bobby Knight), so I’d normally guess somewhere in the Big 10 but there aren’t any openings there - yet.

The only semi big jobs still open are Cal and Texas Tech, and he really doesn’t make sense for either of those schools. Of course maybe something else opens up after the season is over.

Penn State. Pat Kraft, our former AD, played at IU and Dusty was a manager at IU.
03-24-2023 03:18 PM
WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
I think he’ll take the Florida job in 2-3 years when it opens back up. FAU should be smart in the meantime and give him a nice raise/extension. Make whoever ends up poaching him have to cough up a pretty penny.
03-24-2023 03:52 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

...I'd think he at least hangs out for the first season in the AAC, and if in the mix (which given the current momentum they definitely will be, IF they keep the team generally intact) - if they finish in the top third or better next year, and get another dance ticket, that stock will just get better...

Hopefully FAU ponies up some $$$$ to keep him for a bit...
03-24-2023 04:42 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
Normally, I'd say he splits right away. But given that the Owls are basically going to field the same team, I suspect, he might stick around for a bit. Agree with everyone here, we will have to pay him much more. I say give him a huge contract for 3-5 years, so a big school will have to buy him out.
03-24-2023 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says he will stay at fau, that boca hooters is legit
03-24-2023 05:58 PM
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
(03-24-2023 01:40 PM)Ragu Wrote:  Hope he's smart enough to wait for a good basketball job instead of a place like Penn State or Cal

It is tough to give up the resources to a Big Ten team.

It is also tough to give up paradise in south Florida. 04-cheers
03-24-2023 06:34 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
I think Texas Tech needs to pick up the phone and calll May....

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Ffz%2Fapi%2...ipo=images]
03-24-2023 07:46 PM
Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

(03-24-2023 07:40 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  He’s an Indiana native (was a student manager under Bobby Knight), so I’d normally guess somewhere in the Big 10 but there aren’t any openings there - yet.

Penn State.
03-26-2023 03:49 PM
Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

(03-24-2023 02:47 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

He should be smart this offseason if he feels good about bringing everyone back. His stock can really go up next year.

I think he'll leave for the right job, but I'm not convinced he'll jump this year when he knows he'll have a team next year. He can be really selective at least for a season.

If he wins it all this year, he has nothing to stay for. His starters will hit the portal and they'll all be in cash as well. The G5 is sports Purgatory.
03-26-2023 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.