03-09-2023 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owls9878 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
RE: Dennis Dodd: Big 12 readies to Pounce on 4 Corner Schools
Lessssgo!

“ It may not stop with the entertainment aspect. Yormark continues to pursue the Pac-12's Four Corners schools: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah. There have been "weekly" conversations between the Big 12 and those four programs as talks have heated up, one league insider tells CBS Sports.”

"That, to me, is the one we have to get," Self said of Arizona.

"I've always thought the Arizona schools, Colorado and Utah are a natural fit for us," Kansas State coach Jerome Tang said. "Who doesn't want to visit Arizona?"
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023 12:35 PM by Owls9878.)
03-09-2023 12:32 PM
ExpertAd991 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Rice Owls
I've been hearing the same thing for past few months
03-09-2023 12:35 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(03-09-2023 12:32 PM)Owls9878 Wrote:  Lessssgo!

“ It may not stop with the entertainment aspect. Yormark continues to pursue the Pac-12's Four Corners schools: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah. There have been "weekly" conversations between the Big 12 and those four programs as talks have heated up, one league insider tells CBS Sports.”

"I've always thought the Arizona schools, Colorado and Utah are a natural fit for us," Kansas State coach Jerome Tang said. "Who doesn't want to visit Arizona?"

As everyone in Morgantown and Orlando start thinking about the ACC.03-lmfao
03-09-2023 12:38 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
I guess that ESPN and FOX have agreed on the additions?
03-09-2023 12:40 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats

Wild that active coaches would go on the record like that talking about potential additions from the PAC.
03-09-2023 12:44 PM
Advertisement

TeamRamRod1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kansas
Dennis Dodd is trying to destroy the PAC-12!!!!!!!!! /s
03-09-2023 12:44 PM
DavidSt Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Watch West Virginia, Cincinnati and UCF to contact ACC for them to join that conference. BYU was enough, but those four would make their other sports a headache to travel cross country for.

But, Dodd and others also said that the AAC would grab the Big 12 schools as well to a point that the Big 12 would be no more. I am taking these writers like Dodd and others with a grain of salt because they have been wrong in the past before.
03-09-2023 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
(03-09-2023 12:47 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Watch West Virginia, Cincinnati and UCF to contact ACC for them to join that conference. BYU was enough, but those four would make their other sports a headache to travel cross country for.

But, Dodd and others also said that the AAC would grab the Big 12 schools as well to a point that the Big 12 would be no more. I am taking these writers like Dodd and others with a grain of salt because they have been wrong in the past before.

Those three have been wanting to join the ACC for years and years. Why would the ACC bite now?
03-09-2023 12:50 PM
Owls9878 Offline
1st String

(03-09-2023 12:44 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  

Wild that active coaches would go on the record like that talking about potential additions from the PAC.

To me, that means it’s happening. Coaches wouldn’t publicly go on the record with those comments.
03-09-2023 12:50 PM
Owls9878 Offline
1st String

(03-09-2023 12:50 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  
(03-09-2023 12:47 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Watch West Virginia, Cincinnati and UCF to contact ACC for them to join that conference. BYU was enough, but those four would make their other sports a headache to travel cross country for.

Those three have been wanting to join the ACC for years and years. Why would the ACC bite now?
Not to mention the exit fees involved for those schools. It’s a nonstarter.
03-09-2023 12:52 PM
Advertisement

DavidSt Online
Hall of Famer

(03-09-2023 12:50 PM)Owls9878 Wrote:  
(03-09-2023 12:44 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  

To me, that means it’s happening. Coaches wouldn’t publicly go on the record with those comments.

Not going to happen. Coaches can say all they want, but they have no choice if schools are not willing to join the Big 12.
03-09-2023 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC

Good to be skeptical regarding Dodd. But I don't foresee West Virginia, Cincinnati and UCF wanting to join an ACC that they feel will likely be ripped apart at some point by the Big Ten and the SEC. And if the Four Corners schools move to the Big 12 (which is seeming more and more likely), that move will be (in large part) because those four schools feel the Pac 12 could lose Oregon and Washington to the Big Ten.

The Big 12 is trying to position itself to be the clear "No. 3" all-sports league once the game of musical chairs stops. Get the Four Corners and the league is on its way to successfully accomplishing that goal.
03-09-2023 12:54 PM
Tmac13 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UGA & Kennesaw State
Adding Arizona, Arizona State and Colorado to your football conference and thinking it makes you better is a big flex.. lol..I guess Vandy, Boston College, and Rutgers weren't available..
03-09-2023 12:58 PM
DavidSt Online
Hall of Famer

Adding better quality football schools like Air Force, Boise State, Fresno State and San Deigo State are better adds than adding Colorado, Arizona and Arizona State.
03-09-2023 01:00 PM
Owls9878 Offline
1st String

(03-09-2023 01:00 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Adding better quality football schools like Air Force, Boise State, Fresno State and San Deigo State are better adds than adding Colorado, Arizona and Arizona State.

Comments like these clearly show your bias.
03-09-2023 01:02 PM
Advertisement

U-C-FKnights Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCF
(03-09-2023 12:38 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  

As everyone in Morgantown and Orlando start thinking about the ACC.03-lmfao

I think those teams have likely bought in to the vision of being a national conference at this point and know what they are getting in to.

I have no idea if they would still rather be in the ACC, but I wouldn't count on it.
03-09-2023 01:02 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(03-09-2023 12:50 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  

To replace FSU, Clemson and whoever leaves after the performance based payouts start in the ACC.
03-09-2023 01:03 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(03-09-2023 12:54 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  

Good to be skeptical regarding Dodd. But I don't foresee West Virginia, Cincinnati and UCF wanting to join an ACC that they feel will likely be ripped apart at some point by the Big Ten and the SEC. And if the Four Corners schools move to the Big 12 (which is seeming more and more likely), that move will be (in large part) because those four schools feel the Pac 12 could lose Oregon and Washington to the Big Ten.

The Big 12 is trying to position itself to be the clear "No. 3" all-sports league once the game of musical chairs stops. Get the Four Corners and the league is on its way to successfully accomplishing that goal.

Until all the money dries up and they are stuck in a coast to coast conference.
03-09-2023 01:05 PM
Kyle Mack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati Bearcats
[Image: giphy.gif]
03-09-2023 01:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.