Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Misty Wilson is out as HC of WBB
Bookmark and Share
TexanFan Online
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
Misty Wilson is out as HC of WBB
It is being reported Misty Wilson is no longer the HC at Tarleton.
03-01-2023 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanFan2020 Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Misty Wilson is out as HC of WBB
All Head Coaches were told by the President before the transition started that no Head Coach would be fired during the transition for performance reasons (wins and losses). I understand this was a really bad season for Misty’s team but you should honor your word and commitment.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023 10:00 PM by TexanFan2020.)
03-01-2023 09:59 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

03-02-2023 06:55 AM
wisdomgymrat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tarleton State
Did she leave on her own?

If she did not, then this is strike two for our fearless cowboy hat wearing leader.
03-02-2023 08:11 AM
TarletonFan Offline
Water Engineer

(03-02-2023 08:11 AM)wisdomgymrat Wrote:  Did she leave on her own?

If she did not, then this is strike two for our fearless cowboy hat wearing leader.

No, she didn’t. She just signed her daughter to next year’s team and was finally going to get to coach her too. It wasn’t her decision.
03-02-2023 08:23 AM
TexanFan Online
1st String

(03-01-2023 07:41 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  It is being reported Misty Wilson is no longer the HC at Tarleton.

What was strike one, Roll Texans?
03-02-2023 09:56 AM
Advertisement

wisdomgymrat Offline
Special Teams

(03-02-2023 09:56 AM)TexanFan Wrote:  
(03-01-2023 07:41 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  It is being reported Misty Wilson is no longer the HC at Tarleton.

What was strike one, Roll Texans?

Bingo!
03-02-2023 12:16 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

03-02-2023 12:36 PM
TarletonStateTexan Offline
Water Engineer

I cannot wait for the day until a news release states: "Hurley Out as President of Tarleton State." That man is a CANCER on the University.
03-02-2023 03:13 PM
TSUTexans Offline
Water Engineer

(03-02-2023 03:13 PM)TarletonStateTexan Wrote:  I cannot wait for the day until a news release states: "Hurley Out as President of Tarleton State." That man is a CANCER on the University.

It seems to me like you are a disgruntled former employee. I am sure that you're not the only person on this board that is a former employee, but you are the only one that is consistently negative about most things Tarleton. So, which department did you work in? Must not have been one of the favorites.
03-02-2023 03:37 PM
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!
Transition or not, 2-16 conference record will never be acceptable for Tarleton Basketball. Ever. And I for one am glad it's not. Winning programs must uphold standards. And Misty Wilson, a former Tarleton player, would be the first to tell you that.

But hey, at least we didn't spin doctor an in-house issue and take it public, just so we could conjure up an excuse to pin it on our HC so we could fire said HC midseason and use it as a catalyst to forfeit the entire season aka QUITTERS just because things weren't going our way like a bunch of whiny babies! At least Tarleton and our *EXCEPTIONAL* President is above doing anything as completely shameless and pathetic as that!!
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023 08:27 PM by Itinerant Texan.)
03-02-2023 06:27 PM
Advertisement

Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tarleton Baylor
Its just business, like it or not. I have never heard of this "safe from firing during transition" non sense. It was not just the W-L, especially in conference play, it was the fact that that the lost badly many times. It shows how uncompetitive they were. If they had the same record but most loses were only by a few points, than that could be seen as different, but losing by 20ish many times is not good. Hurley is the best damn president Tarleton has ever had. He is and has been a miracle worker for the university. Under his watch the University has exploded academically and athletically. He is very committed to both of those aspects and we are very fortunate to have him as our leader.
03-03-2023 02:09 AM
wisdomgymrat Offline
Special Teams

Get off his lap already! Jeez
03-03-2023 09:12 AM
wisdomgymrat Offline
Special Teams

Plus Barry B Thompson is the best President. Period.
03-03-2023 09:13 AM
Oscar P Offline
Bench Warmer

I went to the girls last game. Every girl was wearing a knee brace in the first half. I was thinking there is something seriously wrong with our training/strength and conditioning. But most of them were brace free to start the second half. I wonder if they knew it was Wilson’s last game, or if that display pissed someone off. I’m not in the loop enough to know. But it was odd, and very noticeable.
BTW, a President and/or AD can make statements and then reassess 3 years laters. That’s not unrealistic. Just look at any elected person in Goverment.
Coaches are hired to win. It’s a horrible job none of us want. It doesn’t matter if you’re a great human(at most places), if you don’t win, or are trending that way after many years, you’re gonna be replaced. Being a nice person and having lots of people like you doesn’t give you tenure.
Never name your Stock Show animal:) It anlways[/u] ends badly.
03-05-2023 05:42 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

I was surprised with the decision but I think it was the correct decision for the betterment of the program. I think Misty has the ability to make the program good, but probably not make it great. Now was the time to make the decision to go in another direction instead watching the program get to 500 or a little better for the next several years.

I have no inside information, but I don’t think Dr. Hurley ever said coaches were safe during the transition. It would have limited his options and you can say lots of things about him, but one thing you can’t say is, he doesn’t do or say dumb things. A good leader never limits their options.
03-05-2023 06:21 PM
Advertisement

TexanFan2020 Offline
Water Engineer

Yes. He did tell a large group that head coaches would not be fired for performance reasons during the four year transition. Many people heard it. It was in November of 2019. He also tells people that he is going to fire Todd Whitten all of the time.

You obviously have never been around him if you think “he doesn’t say dumb things”. Whether you love him or hate him he is not know for his discretion. He tells you what is on his mind, sometimes it’s unprofessional. This is no secret.

(03-05-2023 06:21 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  I was surprised with the decision but I think it was the correct decision for the betterment of the program. I think Misty has the ability to make the program good, but probably not make it great. Now was the time to make the decision to go in another direction instead watching the program get to 500 or a little better for the next several years.

I have :nutkick:no inside information, but I don’t think Dr. Hurley ever said coaches were safe during the transition. It would have limited his options and you can say lots of things about him, but one thing you can’t say is, he doesn’t do or say dumb things. A good leader never limits their options.
03-05-2023 06:37 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

(03-05-2023 06:37 PM)TexanFan2020 Wrote:  Yes. He did tell a large group that head coaches would not be fired for performance reasons during the four year transition. Many people heard it. It was in November of 2019. He also tells people that he is going to fire Todd Whitten all of the time.

You obviously have never been around him if you think “he doesn’t say dumb things”. Whether you love him or hate him he is not know for his discretion. He tells you what is on his mind, sometimes it’s unprofessional. This is no secret.

(03-05-2023 06:21 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  I was surprised with the decision but I think it was the correct decision for the betterment of the program. I think Misty has the ability to make the program good, but probably not make it great. Now was the time to make the decision to go in another direction instead watching the program get to 500 or a little better for the next several years.

I have :nutkick:no inside information, but I don’t think Dr. Hurley ever said coaches were safe during the transition. It would have limited his options and you can say lots of things about him, but one thing you can’t say is, he doesn’t do or say dumb things. A good leader never limits their options.

So let’s see if we can have a discussion….

Does Dr. Hurley say dumb things or just things you disagree with?

I am old and went to Tarleton when it was an NAIA school with an enrollment of 6,000. Lots of the folks I went to school with don’t like the direction of our beloved school as some choose Tarleton because they wanted to attend a small school. Tarleton is no longer a small school, has become a medium sized university and is on course to become a large university.

Are you against the concept of growing the university into what it is becoming?
03-06-2023 04:43 PM
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!
Yeah, well, when its all said and done, Dr. Hurley will be regarded as the best thing that ever happened to Tarleton, especially at the time in which he took over. But let us not forget that Dr. Dottavio did many great things for Tarleton. He was softspoken, but a true leader and visionary, and a great President. And truth be told, it was he that laid the solid foundation that our current growth spurt is being built upon. Make no mistake, Hurley inherited a GREAT situation from Dottavio. The problem with Dottavio, however, was he was borderline anti-athletics. He wanted Tarleton to build upon its deep Agricultural roots, while becoming more of a Liberal Arts institution. He added key programs and improved academic standards, but his biggest downfall was his opposition to going D1. He was completely fine with us continuing to dominate at the D2 level. That's where Hurley came in, took the bull by the horns, and led us into the (LONG OVERDUE) D1 era. And it's exactly what we needed. It is Athletics that leads the growth, not the other way around, and Hurley gets that. Not since the Great Dennis McCabe have we had such a pro-athletics President. He's a former collegiate athlete himself, and I like that he's high-energy, and perhaps even a little cocky. We need a Type A leader right now to make the tough (and sometimes unpopular) decisions that will come post-transition. It will be Hurley that leads/WILLS us to FBS, and our academic programs will continue to grow and benefit from that. Again, a strong athletics program is what drives the growth. And President Hurley (MY President) gets that! He has my full support. Just wish he'd knock it off with that "Roll Texans" BS!
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2023 11:36 PM by Itinerant Texan.)
03-06-2023 10:51 PM
wisdomgymrat Offline
Special Teams

Upon some reflection I agree with the above statement about Coach Wilson saying that shes a great person but it was/is the right time to move in a new direction. She's been an amazing Coach/Alumnus/student athlete for Tarleton. Hell, she was on the small billboards in the early 2000's. She will land on her feet somewhere and lead them to success. I wish her the best.
03-07-2023 11:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.