Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

May God rest your souls
Bookmark and Share
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
May God rest your souls
Riley is going to be on a war path. He has been waiting in the shadows. I feel bad for the Marshall fans and the rest of the conference. He is going to be very vocal tonight and the next few days. I bet we will hear a few we are in first place.
02-23-2023 12:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MeepMeep Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA | Arizona
RE: May God rest your souls
Pls delete this dumb thread while most of the forum is asleep.
02-23-2023 12:43 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(02-23-2023 12:36 AM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  Riley is going to be on a war path. He has been waiting in the shadows. I feel bad for the Marshall fans and the rest of the conference. He is going to be very vocal tonight and the next few days. I bet we will hear a few we are in first place.

Funny part is no one said he was wrong. It's the way he says things. Calling out the other fans. Older, wiser fans don't try to pi$$ off the Gods of fate. Soon as you start bragging about a team you have no control of they will let you down. Luckily for us it was only him.
02-23-2023 12:46 AM
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

(02-23-2023 12:46 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(02-23-2023 12:36 AM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  Riley is going to be on a war path. He has been waiting in the shadows. I feel bad for the Marshall fans and the rest of the conference. He is going to be very vocal tonight and the next few days. I bet we will hear a few we are in first place.

Funny part is no one said he was wrong. It's the way he says things. Calling out the other fans. Older, wiser fans don't try to pi$$ off the Gods of fate. Soon as you start bragging about a team you have no control of they will let you down. Luckily for us it was only him.

Agreed. It is the way he says things and the timing. We have a USM fan like this and SideShow Bob from North Texas was the worst.
02-23-2023 01:09 AM
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

(02-23-2023 12:43 AM)MeepMeep Wrote:  Pls delete this dumb thread while most of the forum is asleep.

Just hit the Mississippi River on our Disney cruise. Couldn't post until I did. Was in international waters and we don't have internet. Sorry, will try to post earlier on our next cruise. Just for you. Haha
02-23-2023 01:10 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(02-23-2023 12:43 AM)MeepMeep Wrote:  Pls delete this dumb thread while most of the forum is asleep.

You have no power here 03-lmfao
02-23-2023 07:39 AM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

No, others have already made it known. I'll settle down now, as my peace has been said.

It just felt good to have such a huge road win last night. Considering most on here said Marshall would slip with so many road games remaining on the schedule, yet we've won five in a row.

Also, I am completely aware the conference standings could and most likely will look a little different after Friday night, and there will most certainly be upsets in the tournament.
02-23-2023 07:50 AM
MeepMeep Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA | Arizona
(02-23-2023 07:39 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

Just trying to do him a favor.
02-23-2023 08:57 AM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
Marshall wins out.
National Championship
02-23-2023 09:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KellyGreenAlumni Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd
I've been shaking my head since I saw his post after the win. My first thought was the press conference when Kobe Bryant was just HUMBLE about the win/Championship.. The whole, not over til the fat lady sings.. Like when you hear that guy a couple fellas down the bar gloating.. and you just drown yourself in your tall beer. 03-nutkick
02-23-2023 09:28 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2023 09:28 AM)KellyGreenAlumni Wrote:  I've been shaking my head since I saw his post after the win. My first thought was the press conference when Kobe Bryant was just HUMBLE about the win/Championship.. The whole, not over til the fat lady sings.. Like when you hear that guy a couple fellas down the bar gloating.. and you just drown yourself in your tall beer. 03-nutkick

There is literally the same thread on Herd Fans celebrating the fact we are in first place.

I mean seriously are we not allowed to celebrate?
02-23-2023 09:38 AM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(02-23-2023 09:38 AM)rileylives Wrote:  
(02-23-2023 09:28 AM)KellyGreenAlumni Wrote:  I've been shaking my head since I saw his post after the win. My first thought was the press conference when Kobe Bryant was just HUMBLE about the win/Championship.. The whole, not over til the fat lady sings.. Like when you hear that guy a couple fellas down the bar gloating.. and you just drown yourself in your tall beer. 03-nutkick

There is literally the same thread on Herd Fans celebrating the fact we are in first place.

HerdFans is a Marshall Fan Page
02-23-2023 09:39 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2023 09:39 AM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  

Okay but just respectfully sit back for a minute. A change happens at the top of the Sun Belt standings. If any other fan base does that, you think they would stay quiet?

It's okay to cheer for the wins. I'll step back for a few days if need be because I'm not at all going to turn this into "look at me." I don't want that. Not in the least. If people here met me in person they would see I'm just a humble veteran, father of four, and fan just like them.

However, I have been poked at here for being a fan, believing we would win the conference in men's basketball. Now we're at the final stretch, and it's close to fruition. Feels good. No harm intended, just giving back what I've had to eat here in the past.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2023 09:49 AM by rileylives.)
02-23-2023 09:48 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(02-23-2023 08:57 AM)MeepMeep Wrote:  
(02-23-2023 07:39 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

Just trying to do him a favor.

Oh I know.. I don't mind you posting here, I saw an opening so I took a shot. 04-cheers
02-23-2023 11:22 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(02-23-2023 09:48 AM)rileylives Wrote:  

Okay but just respectfully sit back for a minute. A change happens at the top of the Sun Belt standings. If any other fan base does that, you think they would stay quiet?

It's okay to cheer for the wins. I'll step back for a few days if need be because I'm not at all going to turn this into "look at me." I don't want that. Not in the least. If people here met me in person they would see I'm just a humble veteran, father of four, and fan just like them.

However, I have been poked at here for being a fan, believing we would win the conference in men's basketball. Now we're at the final stretch, and it's close to fruition. Feels good. No harm intended, just giving back what I've had to eat here in the past.

I know man, but I think it's just your approach that comes across badly to other posters. I think just the title of your most recent thread turned most people off from even wanting to read it, OR if they do, they just want to throw stones more. The Marshall posters for potentially "jinxing" us on Friday, and the others because most people are pretty sports-intelligent on here and understand that the Herd is currently in first place and it really does look like a "look at me/us" thread.

I think if I were going to get my excitement off my chest, I believe it could be worded in a way that would garner actual meaningful back-and-forth. I dunno:

BODY: Man, what an out and out war in Harrisonburg! Great game, Dawgs! You all played your arses off! And thanks to ODU, we get to enjoy at least two days in first place! Hopefully it lasts, but anything is possible in the post-season (which is what this last game essentially is). So good luck to all of you in the tournament? How well do you think you can fare?

Let it be known Riley, that you have not violated any rule or AUP, so continue posting as you like. I'm just trying to help get people off your case. Take it for what it is.

Go Herd!!!! 04-cheers04-high5
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2023 12:33 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
02-23-2023 12:30 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(02-23-2023 12:30 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  

I know man, but I think it's just your approach that comes across badly to other posters. I think just the title of your most recent thread turned most people off from even wanting to read it, OR if they do, they just want to throw stones more. The Marshall posters for potentially "jinxing" us on Friday, and the others because most people are pretty sports-intelligent on here and understand that the Herd is currently in first place and it really does look like a "look at me/us" thread.

I think if I were going to get my excitement off my chest, I believe it could be worded in a way that would garner actual meaningful back-and-forth. I dunno:

BODY: Man, what an out and out war in Harrisonburg! Great game, Dawgs! You all played your arses off! And thanks to ODU, we get to enjoy at least two days in first place! Hopefully it lasts, but anything is possible in the post-season (which is what this last game essentially is). So good luck to all of you in the tournament? How well do you think you can fare?

Let it be known Riley, that you have not violated any rule or AUP, so continue posting as you like. I'm just trying to help get people off your case. Take it for what it is.

Go Herd!!!! 04-cheers04-high5

Well I'm gonna be on his case more.. You bunch of jokers..

I'm sorry for the harsh language
02-23-2023 12:42 PM
Advertisement

ThunderDent Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Herd & SBC!
https://youtu.be/r6gga_2UTtc

People who celebrated too early in sports

I have no idea how to embed a YouTube video.
Mods please fix if you can.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2023 02:14 PM by ThunderDent.)
02-23-2023 02:12 PM
Herdfan1 Offline
Special Teams

(02-23-2023 09:26 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  Marshall wins out.
National Championship

Easy killa you're sounding like a mountie fan... I have a hard enough time trying to get them to understand our football national trophies ARE National Championships
02-23-2023 02:17 PM
Herdfan1 Offline
Special Teams

First off, thank you for your service fine sir! *Sa-lute*... as for the issue at hand, it's like when I was at the Notre Dame game and it got to the "holy crap, we might just do this" point...At the end, I congratulated the fans around me for a tough game, unlike the drunk idiots that were going around gloating rudely...
02-23-2023 02:19 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

[Image: 7c7y52.jpg]
02-23-2023 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.