UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big XII intending to expand to 16 with TX & OK leaving.
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
Big XII intending to expand to 16 with TX & OK leaving.
Hopefully this will have minimal effect on the AAC with their western intentions. But I expect the Memphis nutjobs will all go viral again with their explanations why the Tigers to the Big XII is a done deal.

Quote:The conference now plans to aggressively pursue expansion in some form, sources tell CBS Sports...

The reason for any Big 12 expansion: moving West. Yormark seeks game inventory in the Pacific Time Zone, which would allow the once Midwest-based league to stretch from coast to coast. More importantly, it would give the Big 12 a presence in all four primary television "windows" -- noon, 3:30, primetime and late night (based on the Eastern Time Zone). Going forward, the SEC and Big Ten will dominate those first three windows. Having a presence in the fourth window would give the Big 12 some level of exclusivity.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...-oklahoma/
02-10-2023 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

RE: Big XII intending to expand to 16 with TX & OK leaving.
If the Big12 picks off the 4 corner schools from the Pac12 (Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, and Utah), I think you'd see the Pac12 try to do some type of merger with the top of the MWC. In that scenario Oregon and Washington would probably be looking for an exit as well.
02-10-2023 12:08 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
(02-10-2023 12:08 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  If the Big12 picks off the 4 corner schools from the Pac12 (Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, and Utah), I think you'd see the Pac12 try to do some type of merger with the top of the MWC. In that scenario Oregon and Washington would probably be looking for an exit as well.

Picking up the 4 corner schools wouldn't give them the Pacific time zone presence they're looking for. All those schools are mountain time zone.
02-10-2023 05:34 PM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
(02-10-2023 05:34 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  
(02-10-2023 12:08 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  If the Big12 picks off the 4 corner schools from the Pac12 (Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, and Utah), I think you'd see the Pac12 try to do some type of merger with the top of the MWC. In that scenario Oregon and Washington would probably be looking for an exit as well.

Picking up the 4 corner schools wouldn't give them the Pacific time zone presence they're looking for. All those schools are mountain time zone.

There are only 11 FBS schools in the Pacific Time Zone. Arizona is on the same time during the first half of the season as that state doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time.

IF the BXII can't talk any Pac12 schools their way, the only remaining PT schools are Fresno State and San Jose State which really don't move any needles.

Fresno State
UCLA - TO BIG TEN
USC- TO BIG TEN
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford

San Diego State TO PAC-12?
San Jose State
Washington
Washington State

Arizona
Arizona State
02-10-2023 06:03 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I suspect that with realignment again coming to a boil the B1G will take a long look at Oregon and Washington. If they want them and don't make a move they will lose any chance once new conference agreements are signed.
02-10-2023 06:34 PM
bigdunks Offline
2nd String

I also agree B-12 goes after AZ, AZ St, Colorado and Utah.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2023 07:55 PM by bigdunks.)
02-10-2023 07:39 PM
Advertisement

blazr Away
Hall of Famer

So, the big roulette wheel spins, Memphis is plucked as part of it, and we wind up in essentially the same conf only called the AAC… 02-13-banana03-lmfao
02-10-2023 08:03 PM
Golden-Ticket Offline
1st String

I think that the current P5 (maybe P4 is PAC dies) will all go to 16 and the AAC will become a G5 super conference and that will be the new P5. Whatever happens I just want UAB out of what May become a new tier of FCS
02-10-2023 08:09 PM
DuelingDragon Online
All American

(02-10-2023 08:09 PM)Golden-Ticket Wrote:  I think that the current P5 (maybe P4 is PAC dies) will all go to 16 and the AAC will become a G5 super conference and that will be the new P5. Whatever happens I just want UAB out of what May become a new tier of FCS

This is what is going to happen. The p5 will do everything possible not to add any g5. The ones they add will be to use them until they dump them.
02-10-2023 08:27 PM
Golden-Ticket Offline
1st String

What’s unfortunate is a large portion of the P5 is the same tier as the upper third of the G5. It’s just been established that they are P5 and better because of history. We argue about budgets and facilities which in some cases are certainly a factor but no one is catching the Alabamas of the world right now
02-10-2023 09:40 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

...I know it's a 'questionable' source 03-lmfao , but... seems like this has made the rounds throughout the realignment community:

02-10-2023 10:55 PM
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

...MY endgame would see the AAC and the MWC merge... if the MWC loses SDSU and perhaps Fresno or Boise, they well may...

...a side note - if the AAC could get Army in the fold, and then the merger brings in Air Force, you'd have the three academies... for better or worse...
02-10-2023 10:58 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2023 10:58 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  ...MY endgame would see the AAC and the MWC merge... if the MWC loses SDSU and perhaps Fresno or Boise, they well may...

...a side note - if the AAC could get Army in the fold, and then the merger brings in Air Force, you'd have the three academies... for better or worse...

The academies don't want to be in the same conference in football. They all play the same style of game by necessity and having two or all three on a schedule would make them too easy to prepare for.
02-11-2023 10:56 AM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2023 10:55 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  ...I know it's a 'questionable' source 03-lmfao , but... seems like this has made the rounds throughout the realignment community:

Anything coming from a couch burner is 'questionable.' 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2023 11:00 AM by BlazerFromMD.)
02-11-2023 10:59 AM
DuelingDragon Online
All American

The ACC *has* been exploring expansion options. The PAC-12 schools are shopping themselves.

I would say the play will go down something like this: the pac 12 will invite the two schools mentioned to take their money and get a new tv deal, so they know what they have in pocket, then they will bail on those new schools ASAP, last one leaving turn off the lights. Same as what went down with the Big East.
02-11-2023 12:23 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(02-11-2023 10:59 AM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  
(02-10-2023 10:55 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  ...I know it's a 'questionable' source 03-lmfao , but... seems like this has made the rounds throughout the realignment community:

Anything coming from a couch burner is 'questionable.' 03-lmfao

03-lmfao04-cheers true... this 'dude' throws a lot of just INSANE stuff out there... I WILL say he DOES speak pretty favorably about the Blazers, at least as a 'good add' to the AAC...
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2023 12:34 PM by GreenFreakUAB.)
02-11-2023 12:33 PM
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(02-11-2023 12:23 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  The ACC *has* been exploring expansion options. The PAC-12 schools are shopping themselves.

I would say the play will go down something like this: the pac 12 will invite the two schools mentioned to take their money and get a new tv deal, so they know what they have in pocket, then they will bail on those new schools ASAP, last one leaving turn off the lights. Same as what went down with the Big East.

...yep, the 'bait and switch' tactic... UO and Udub are not IF, but WHEN, to the B1G... I just can't believe the USC/UCLA move was the only 'west coast get' the B1G had in mind... the 'issue' now is their commissioner left to be the Bears GM, AD, whatever (I'm not too well versed in the NFL hierarchy 03-drunk ) so currently, no commish for the B1G... I guess SOMEbody is interim, but I would think they would hire someone permanent before any deals are done.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2023 12:38 PM by GreenFreakUAB.)
02-11-2023 12:37 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(02-11-2023 10:56 AM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  
(02-10-2023 10:58 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  ...MY endgame would see the AAC and the MWC merge... if the MWC loses SDSU and perhaps Fresno or Boise, they well may...

The academies don't want to be in the same conference in football. They all play the same style of game by necessity and having two or all three on a schedule would make them too easy to prepare for.

...yep... but the Andrews Clinic (or whatever) for knees would LOVE it... 03-tired
02-11-2023 12:40 PM
UABrandon Online
1st String

I Root For: UAB/Arizona
UW and OH State just canceled their H&H which would've started in '24. The PAC-X still doesn't have a media deal lined up so maybe we'll hear more mid april after the final 4 ends
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2023 09:40 AM by UABrandon.)
02-16-2023 09:38 AM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(02-16-2023 09:38 AM)UABrandon Wrote:  UW and OH State just canceled their H&H which would've started in '24. The PAC-X still doesn't have a media deal lined up so maybe we'll hear more mid april after the final 4 ends

...it was also noted that Amazon just wants ONE Tier 1 game a week... and CBS and Turner have bowed out of the deal, if they ever were IN it... ESPN can throw any number they want out there, as NO leverage for the PAC... really looks bleak for that conference, but perhaps they will hang on...
02-16-2023 01:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.