Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jim McElwain inks contract extension at Central Michigan
Bookmark and Share
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Jim McElwain inks contract extension at Central Michigan
Didn't see this posted anywhere on here.

No details on his extension though.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-j...-extension
02-02-2023 05:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
RE: Jim McElwain inks contract extension at Central Michigan
Strangely, we are hearing this contract extension was done in September, 2022. But it’s just now being reported.

Either way, we are glad to have stability in the program and probably weighed heavily in CMU keeping their highly rated 2023 recruiting class in place and signed in December.
02-02-2023 07:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(02-02-2023 07:35 AM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  Strangely, we are hearing this contract extension was done in September, 2022. But it’s just now being reported.

Either way, we are glad to have stability in the program and probably weighed heavily in CMU keeping their highly rated 2023 recruiting class in place and signed in December.

Not strange at NIU, but standard operating procedure for our athletic director. He often secretly gives coaches extensions then we find out months later.
02-02-2023 10:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
(02-02-2023 10:44 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(02-02-2023 07:35 AM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  Strangely, we are hearing this contract extension was done in September, 2022. But it’s just now being reported.

Not strange at NIU, but standard operating procedure for our athletic director. He often secretly gives coaches extensions then we find out months later.

Looks like our AD is taking after your AD then. I don’t happen to remember an instance where an extension at CMU wasn’t announced fairly soon after it was signed. Not sure I understand why a college and AD would want to keep it under wraps? Weird.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023 12:02 PM by Warhawks222.)
02-02-2023 12:01 PM
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(02-02-2023 12:01 PM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  Looks like our AD is taking after your AD then. I don’t happen to remember an instance where an extension at CMU wasn’t announced fairly soon after it was signed. Not sure I understand why a college and AD would want to keep it under wraps? Weird.

Bowling Green's previous AD, Bob Moosbrugger, who was sacked in April, extended our men's basketball coach and received an extension of his own without making an announcement. It appeared to me to be an effort to try to manage some cash flow issues associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. I think both took a haircut on their pandemic era pay in exchange for more time on the back end. It was creative, and given the nature of it, I guess I can see why an announcement was not made. On the other hand, it was definitely odd for two of BGSU's highest paid employees to get contract extensions without an announcement.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2023 11:25 AM by Schadenfreude.)
02-03-2023 11:24 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
I believe 2023 is Martin's contract year - last time that happened a few years ago we extended him with a relatively low buyout in case he flopped, but I think the season right after that was 2019 when we won the MAC. With Gabbert returning it's time for him to make some waves to take down vulnerable Miami and/or Cincinnati programs and avoid laying eggs in MAC play like the past few seasons.
02-03-2023 11:40 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Good news out of Oxford, our OC Eric Koehler (who had been at Miami for all nine of Martin's seasons) is gone. Unclear if he was fired, "resigned", or left on his own terms, but he's off to Minnesota as an offensive analyst.

https://saturdaytradition.com/minnesota-...er-report/

EDIT: Appears that our TE Coach/Recruiting Coordinator Patrick Welsh has been promoted to OC (has been on staff since 2014, was at Notre Dame/Grand Valley with Martin before then). Former QB Gus Ragland will be coming back as our QB Coach after a stint as an offensive assistant at ND.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-c...oordinator
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2023 05:23 PM by Love and Honor.)
02-06-2023 02:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.