Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Day: Ohio
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
MyBB Game Day: Ohio
By popular demand here is a thread for tonight's game.

We need this game if we are going to move up into an 8th place tie. Ohio is now in 8th place and we would tie them with a 'W.' Ohio and the three MI MAC teams could be in a 4-way tie if things play out one way.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket..._/group/14

We were an 8-point underdog. 7.5 now on ESPN.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023 07:47 AM by emu steve.)
01-31-2023 07:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Day: Ohio
(01-31-2023 07:09 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  EMU is an 8 point home dog.

Steve needs to start a thread for this week's games.

Actually, ‘79 did start a thread for this weeks games already. I think we just got stuck on the old thread somehow. But a gameday thread also works. Thanks, Steve!

The most important issue though, do I am taking EMU and the 8 points. Thanks, Nickle!
01-31-2023 07:45 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I took 'Nickle's comment to mean for tonight's game.

He made the comment within '79's thread so clearly he wanted to revert to a game day thread.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023 08:33 AM by emu steve.)
01-31-2023 08:20 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2023 07:45 AM)RamyEMU Wrote:  

Actually, ‘79 did start a thread for this weeks games already. I think we just got stuck on the old thread somehow. But a gameday thread also works. Thanks, Steve!

The most important issue though, do I am taking EMU and the 8 points. Thanks, Nickle!
Take EMU to win. Go heavy on the moneyline. LOL. Kidding of course.
01-31-2023 08:21 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(01-31-2023 08:20 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I took 'Nickle's comment to mean for tonight's game.

He made the comment within '79's thread so clearly he wanted to revert to a game day thread.

I must have missed his comment within the already posted thread. I guess popular demand means a single person or two. But annoying me seems to be Steve's intent these days. Back to earning real money and not wasting my life here. Have a good day gents.
01-31-2023 08:46 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-31-2023 08:46 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(01-31-2023 08:20 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I took 'Nickle's comment to mean for tonight's game.

I must have missed his comment within the already posted thread. I guess popular demand means a single person or two. But annoying me seems to be Steve's intent these days. Back to earning real money and not wasting my life here. Have a good day gents.

The idea of a game week and two game day threads was the norm for MANY YEARS.

Nothing new...

You can do the game thread Friday.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023 09:05 AM by emu steve.)
01-31-2023 09:02 AM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

(01-31-2023 08:46 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

Steve, technically Nickle made the comment on the previous weeks thread. Luckey had posted about the Ohio center Wilson in the previous weeks thread, then Nickle and I responded to his post. So the the thread for the current week got buried. So we probably just needed to bump the current week thread… but this works too. The forum has used the game week alternated with the game day threads for a long time since I joined- as I mentioned before (and you used to manage). So this works too.

‘79, I really don’t think we are trying to annoy you. But sorry you feel that way. Truthfully, I know I can stand to spend less time on this forum as well. So probably not a bad idea regardless.
01-31-2023 10:42 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Emoni time tonight!
01-31-2023 06:58 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-31-2023 08:21 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  
(01-31-2023 07:45 AM)RamyEMU Wrote:  

Take EMU to win. Go heavy on the moneyline. LOL. Kidding of course.

EMU is +2.90 to win (bet $10 to win $29).

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/ohio-e...onfidence.
01-31-2023 07:46 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(01-31-2023 06:58 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Emoni time tonight!

The opposite- at least in the first half. Well balanced scoring. Billingsley 10, Acuff 10, Rice 9, Jihad 8, Bates 6, Geeter 4, while Noah and Lovejoy are scoreless.

6 points total for our two stars Noah and Emoni. Very strange indeed.

Tyson with 6 assists and 12 for the team.

Hopefully they close this one out in the second. Go EMU!!
01-31-2023 08:05 PM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
I can't believe what I'm watching! This is the EMU team we all expected to see! Passing, cutting, an actual offense! Best coaching job by Heath by a mile! Let's keep this up!
01-31-2023 08:47 PM
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Keep stacking em. A lot of teams probably don't want to see EMU in the MAC tourney.
01-31-2023 09:07 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

17 assists+ 5 players in double digits = team play
01-31-2023 09:15 PM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
(01-31-2023 09:07 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Keep stacking em. A lot of teams probably don't want to see EMU in the MAC tourney.
Acuff scored 28! We shot 58% from the field, and 53 percent from 3! It was us running an offense, assists, etc! Best game in league play since the Bond, Lee, JTIV time! I'm almost shocked! I bet we had 20 assists! Multiple players scored plenty of points as well!
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023 09:16 PM by EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's.)
01-31-2023 09:15 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2023 09:15 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  
(01-31-2023 09:07 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Keep stacking em. A lot of teams probably don't want to see EMU in the MAC tourney.
Acuff scored 28! We shot 58% from the field, and 53 percent from 3! It was us running an offense, assists, etc! Best game in league play since the Bond, Lee, JTIV time! I'm almost shocked!
Could be a fun stretch run!
01-31-2023 09:17 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eastern Michigan and Tem
EMU made it look easy tonight playing Ohio. As EMU's offense has been rocking the last three games by shooting a very high percentage from the field. They put 90 -points on the scoreboard tonight. EMU players have bought in to Heath's offense and trusts it.

Next-up is Ball State that that Ohio recently beat.

I know I said that Acuff should shoot more two's as he missed his three's in EMU's last game. What I left out is that afterwards I suggested to someone close to him that he was not getting his right hand behind the ball and suggested how he could do so. Don't know if that was relayed to him or not. Regardless, he had his hand behind the ball tonight and torched Ohio for 29-points shooting 6-8 on three's.

So good to see Rice getting playing time and contributing. He's a really good shooter and should be both playing and shooting far more than he has.

Bates was clutch down the stretch. He!s playing the PF position has helped turn the team in a positive direction. EMU's bigs played very well.

Nice that EMU won by a big margin with Noah having an off-night. Thankfully his turnovers and fouls were not turned into many points. He did have four assists and rebounded the ball well.

Ohio made but 9 free throws as it missed 11-free-throws. Ohio still scored 79-points. ENU has to foul less going forward.

EMU would not be giving up 79 points if Heath had his perimeter defenders help out inside which they don't do anyway as they make no steals doing so.

Ohio scored 30-points o three's as Heath's defense leaves three point shooters wide open. He should not allow Hunter to shoot 5-10 on three's. That wouldn't happen if EMU provided extra attention by either denying him the ball or forcing him to dribble. Having Noah help out inside is just plain dumb and a waste of his skill set.

EMU's defense still needs to improve and there is a road-map to do so if Heath would only follow it.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023 10:57 PM by Miggy.)
01-31-2023 10:00 PM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

That was fun. Acuff saved us with some huge shots down the stretch, but that was a completely different team from the one that I saw against NIU. I hope they keep this momentum up.
01-31-2023 10:06 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I don't remember us doing any dunks. Hmmmm.
01-31-2023 10:22 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Great dub. First time I've enjoyed watching us since the 2nd half of the CMU game.
01-31-2023 10:29 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(01-31-2023 10:06 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  That was fun. Acuff saved us with some huge shots down the stretch, but that was a completely different team from the one that I saw against NIU. I hope they keep this momentum up.

Sam, the team you saw against NIU tried to match up against them, big on big. This team simply cannot do that. Our four sophomores Billingsley, Jihad, Geeter and Golson, are not yet dominant defensively inside like JT4, Toure and Groce could be or as athletic as Bond. Heck even Minnie was more skilled inside.

This a guard-heavy team. Emoni, Acuff, Noah, Rice, Lovejoy and even Luka are far more proficient in the backcourt than anyone we have in the frontcourt. So, let's keep playing small ball.
01-31-2023 10:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.