Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC enters into long term partnership with TQL
Bookmark and Share
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
UC enters into long term partnership with TQL
Total Quality Logistics and the UC Announce Long-Term Partnership

CINCINNATI, Ohio (January 30, 2023) — Total Quality Logistics (TQL), the second-largest freight brokerage firm in North America and Cincinnati's largest private company, and the University of Cincinnati (UC) announced on Monday a long-term strategic partnership that will include a significant contribution to UC's Day One Ready Campaign to support next level success for Bearcats' student-athletes, the Cincinnati community and university.

The strategic partnership will include field level and stadium signage and logo assets for TQL as well as specific investment to the Bearcats' indoor practice and performance facility project.

While field surface branding typically results in renaming the venue, as a Cincinnati company, TQL has chosen to not name the field. It will continue to be named Carson Field in honor of Dr. Arch Carson, who organized the first football team at the university in 1885 and is known as the Father of UC Football.

The Bearcats have played at the site of Carson Field since 1901. Nippert Stadium, which was built around the playing field, was completed in 1924.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/1/30/ge...rship.aspx

The article includes a pdf rendering of Carson Field with the TQL and Big 12 logos.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023 04:05 PM by bearcatfan.)
01-30-2023 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
RE: UC enters into long term partnership with TQL
Great news. Any rumors on the dollar figures in this partnership?

01-31-2023 08:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCbball21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Props to TQL for supporting the university! That company definitely gets a bad rap but this should help significantly for their local PR.

01-31-2023 10:59 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2023 10:59 AM)UCbball21 Wrote:  Props to TQL for supporting the university! That company definitely gets a bad rap but this should help significantly for their local PR.

Yep, I've been surprised at some of the negative chatter about that company since the announcement. I have no personal knowledge of TQL or their business practices so I can't speak to that. But it didn't stop our MLS franchise from partnering with them for naming rights and it shouldn't stop UC. Would X or NKU have turned down that gift if either even had a new athletic facility worthy of major naming rights? Of course not.

This is exactly what we've been asking for and the arrangement preserves the Nippert Family's longstanding love and support for UC by retaining their name. Hats off to Cunningham for closing this deal and putting another puzzle piece in place for UC's P5 future.

01-31-2023 11:37 AM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-31-2023 10:59 AM)UCbball21 Wrote:  Props to TQL for supporting the university! That company definitely gets a bad rap but this should help significantly for their local PR.

What is the bad rap? Good friend works in logistics. Says they are a well run company.

This is a huge positive for the University. Congrats to them for landing this partnership!

01-31-2023 12:23 PM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
Agree, I've really never heard anything bad about the company itself.

01-31-2023 01:35 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
And might I ask, who is this more virtuous company that is wanting to give UC money?

01-31-2023 01:40 PM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
I’ve heard some not so good things when I graduated college and knew a few that worked there as their entry level job but I also heard some good things too. Don’t know anyone working there anymore and never knew anyone in middle/upper management.

Either way we’ll take the $ and get to keep Nippert and Carson. I like it.

I think on BCJ podcasts last night they mentioned that the owner played baseball for UC but don’t hold me to that.

I would think TQL also has a big incentive to partner with UC as that’s a large talent pool for new employees.

Good stuff

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023 01:44 PM by natibeast2.0.)
01-31-2023 01:44 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
I assume every company of that size is an evil Globex type of corporation but unfortunately it's not like we're getting Skyline's or Graeters to sponsor that type of money so let's go!

01-31-2023 01:56 PM
bww Offline
McCuse

(01-31-2023 01:44 PM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  I think on BCJ podcasts last night they mentioned that the owner played baseball for UC but don’t hold me to that.

Ken Oaks went to Dayton.

01-31-2023 02:39 PM
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
(01-31-2023 02:39 PM)bww Wrote:  
(01-31-2023 01:44 PM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  I think on BCJ podcasts last night they mentioned that the owner played baseball for UC but don’t hold me to that.

Ken Oaks went to Dayton.
Oaks and many of TQL's top people played football together at McNicholas.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023 03:17 PM by cincybb51.)
01-31-2023 03:04 PM
Advertisement

natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -

Ken Oaks went to Dayton.

Thanks for confirming.

It didn’t sound right. Idk what they were talking about as I was busy working on other stuff as well.

01-31-2023 03:26 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(01-31-2023 01:44 PM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  I’ve heard some not so good things when I graduated college and knew a few that worked there as their entry level job but I also heard some good things too. Don’t know anyone working there anymore and never knew anyone in middle/upper management.

I think on BCJ podcasts last night they mentioned that the owner played baseball for UC but don’t hold me to that.

I would think TQL also has a big incentive to partner with UC as that’s a large talent pool for new employees.

Good stuff

Oh, it's a meat grinder for sure, but those who work their asses off there get very well compensated for said work.

01-31-2023 03:34 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

Cunningham said today that this gift gets us to $80M of the $100M amount they've been aiming for in the Day 1 campaign and that they're breaking ground on the IPF after next football season.

01-31-2023 03:35 PM
RedRocker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, UK's foe
(01-31-2023 01:56 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  I assume every company of that size is an evil Globex type of corporation but unfortunately it's not like we're getting Skyline's or Graeters to sponsor that type of money so let's go!
Skyline 03-lmfao They're so damn cheap. Their CEO was the last person in Hamilton County to have a rotary phone in his house. He was actually quite proud of it.

01-31-2023 10:18 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(01-31-2023 03:04 PM)cincybb51 Wrote:  

Ken Oaks went to Dayton.
Oaks and many of TQL's top people played football together at McNicholas.

Between TQL and Penn Station, that's a heckuva lot of value created by my fellow Rocket football alums.

02-01-2023 07:24 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(01-31-2023 03:34 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(01-31-2023 01:44 PM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  I’ve heard some not so good things when I graduated college and knew a few that worked there as their entry level job but I also heard some good things too. Don’t know anyone working there anymore and never knew anyone in middle/upper management.

Good stuff

Oh, it's a meat grinder for sure, but those who work their asses off there get very well compensated for said work.

I knew one young guy who worked there. Did well but I swear it gave him PTSD. Was literally on call 24/7/365. When the phone rang at 3 am with a problem on a route or a connector he had to answer it and spend another hour making umpteen calls herding cats with commission breath.

02-01-2023 08:15 AM
mac6115cd Offline
1st String

(01-31-2023 01:56 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  I assume every company of that size is an evil Globex type of corporation but unfortunately it's not like we're getting Skyline's or Graeters to sponsor that type of money so let's go!

Not that they don't have the money. There are quite a few multi-millionaire people/companies with Cincy ties that could donate, but don't.

02-01-2023 08:40 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2023 08:40 AM)mac6115cd Wrote:  

Not that they don't have the money. There are quite a few multi-millionaire people/companies with Cincy ties that could donate, but don't.

As I recall, Skyline hasn't been locally owned for years now.

02-01-2023 08:54 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(02-01-2023 08:15 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(01-31-2023 03:34 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Good stuff

I knew one young guy who worked there. Did well but I swear it gave him PTSD. Was literally on call 24/7/365. When the phone rang at 3 am with a problem on a route or a connector he had to answer it and spend another hour making umpteen calls herding cats with commission breath.

Yea. A friend of mine did that too (rather successfully) but we'd be playing pickup ball on a Saturday and he'd pick up his phone in the middle of a play.

He also left the company over a decade after and they have gone really hard, with an excessively expansive view of non-competes. I'm optimistic he'll win in court as he has really good representation due to some connections, but there are many similar filings and I could see the cost making it hard for many to fight. They are very aggressive in their non-compete enforcement.

02-01-2023 09:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.