Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Monday's Musings
Bookmark and Share
fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
Monday's Musings
A historic performance by Ypsilanti's favorite son Emoni Bates raised his draft stock but didn't raise his team in the standings until Saturday's win in Oxford. Is this team turning a corner?? will be asked multiple times in February before the season ends where and whenever that might be.
Maybe we need new baskets at the George Gervin Ice Cold Convo. Opponents shoot very well there while we do not.
CMU's toilet roll toss was great, if they want more fans at games they will embrace it until the next shortage.
The entire state might get shut of out the NCAA tournament for the first time since.. 1996?
I think the transfer portal is closed but the coaching carousel keeps on spinning and another round of spinning may begin in Ann Arbor.
01-30-2023 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

RE: Monday's Musings
(01-30-2023 12:07 PM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  A historic performance by Ypsilanti's favorite son Emoni Bates raised his draft stock but didn't raise his team in the standings until Saturday's win in Oxford. Is this team turning a corner?? will be asked multiple times in February before the season ends where and whenever that might be.
Maybe we need new baskets at the George Gervin Ice Cold Convo. Opponents shoot very well there while we do not.
CMU's toilet roll toss was great, if they want more fans at games they will embrace it until the next shortage.
The entire state might get shut of out the NCAA tournament for the first time since.. 1996?
I think the transfer portal is closed but the coaching carousel keeps on spinning and another round of spinning may begin in Ann Arbor.

Love your wise posts, FFPP. But what you just said is pure blasphemy! 03-lmfao

1996 is when EMU had a nice mini-run in the tourney, beating Duke in the first round and up big on UConn in the first half of round two before succumbing to the loss. That was one of the best teams in EMU history with Earl Boykins, Derrick Dial, and the greatest basketball player ever to play the game Brian Tolbert!!!!! Not sure who else was in from the state of Michigan, but we were certainly not shut out!!!!
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023 12:35 PM by RamyEMU.)
01-30-2023 12:34 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(01-30-2023 12:34 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
(01-30-2023 12:07 PM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  A historic performance by Ypsilanti's favorite son Emoni Bates raised his draft stock but didn't raise his team in the standings until Saturday's win in Oxford. Is this team turning a corner?? will be asked multiple times in February before the season ends where and whenever that might be.

1996 is when EMU had a nice mini-run in the tourney, beating Duke in the first round and up big on UConn in the first half of round two before succumbing to the loss. That was one of the best teams in EMU history with Earl Boykins, Derrick Dial, and the greatest basketball player ever to play the game Brian Tolbert!!!!! Not sure who else was in from the state of Michigan, but we were certainly not shut out!!!!

#SeniorMoment
01-30-2023 12:38 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

It is Monday and the NFL is musing this first time occurrence...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/30/sport/don...index.html

No disrespect to my parents, but I would like to have been born into that family... :)
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023 12:52 PM by emu steve.)
01-30-2023 12:50 PM
Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

(01-30-2023 12:38 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

#SeniorMoment

1984 was the last time there wasn't a school from Michigan in the tournament.

That streak will continue this year, MSU is pretty much a shoe-in. ESPN had them as a six seed before their loss to Purdue yesterday, and haven't updated since. CBS sports has them a seven seed even after the loss yesterday. Yeah, I suppose they could somehow really collapse down the stretch and miss out, but I have a hard time seeing that happening.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023 04:28 PM by Sellers dweller.)
01-30-2023 04:27 PM
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(01-30-2023 04:27 PM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  
(01-30-2023 12:38 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

#SeniorMoment

1984 was the last time there wasn't a school from Michigan in the tournament.

That streak will continue this year, MSU is pretty much a shoe-in. ESPN had them as a six seed before their loss to Purdue yesterday, and haven't updated since. CBS sports has them a seven seed even after the loss yesterday. Yeah, I suppose they could somehow really collapse down the stretch and miss out, but I have a hard time seeing that happening.

With you SD. MSU is not final four quality but they are going to the dance.
01-30-2023 06:59 PM
fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

Was the EMU vs Duke game a noon game? I remember coming home from school and watching the end of the game. As for 1984, I was born that year. Maybe we should add the Ypsi Skyline to the Court behind the Block E? three hours left of .75 cent wings at Powells the best wings in the County
01-30-2023 07:18 PM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

(01-30-2023 07:18 PM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  Was the EMU vs Duke game a noon game? I remember coming home from school and watching the end of the game. As for 1984, I was born that year. Maybe we should add the Ypsi Skyline to the Court behind the Block E? three hours left of .75 cent wings at Powells the best wings in the County

I don’t think it was the noon game, but it was early. I remember my friends and I left the game with perfect time to catch dinner and some beers afterwards. So maybe a 2 o’clock game? We were lucky it was in Indianapolis so very easy to road trip to.
01-30-2023 07:30 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(01-30-2023 12:38 PM)emu steve Wrote:  #SeniorMoment

Not a senior moment at all, Boomer. 03-lmfao I am only 48. Was attending EMU in 1996
01-30-2023 07:33 PM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

(01-30-2023 04:27 PM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  1984 was the last time there wasn't a school from Michigan in the tournament.

SD, you can really dig things up and figure things out. Very Impressive! And much appreciated!!
01-30-2023 07:34 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

01-31-2023 12:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.