Bookmark and Share
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
Does Greg Heiar see year 2 as Aggie HC?
Mike Peake stuff aside

NMSU has 4 D1 wins to this point

Aggies look like they are going through the motions

GH yelling and stomping on the sidelines to anyone who will hear him. He seems like the perfect poster child for motion without action to this point.

GH seems to have only been a good recruiter at the juco level and we are all witnessing that him and his staff aren't able to develop or coach up players currently on the team at the D1 level to this point.

This Aggie team seems to not trust or like each other and that's on the HC to fix that.

NMSU is in a battle with UTA UTRGV for the last WAC spot for WACT that in itself should be a fireable event.

Pistol Pete seems to have shot all his shots to get NMSU into CUSA and get a bowl win I'm sure my Aggies friends would say a crap basketball season is worth it.
01-08-2023 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
RE: Does Greg Heiar see year 2 as Aggie HC?
Who does NMSU think they are? Kentucky? North Carolina? UCLA? I don’t see NMSU canning him after 1 year, for basketball results.
01-08-2023 01:06 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(01-08-2023 01:06 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  Who does NMSU think they are? Kentucky? North Carolina? UCLA? I don’t see NMSU canning him after 1 year, for basketball results.

Did you mean “ I don’t see NMSU canning him after 1 year, for (on court) basketball results?

Now let’s see, if someone wasn’t happy with the on court results, would there be any off court reason for his stay to be a short one?

Now, let me think…
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023 01:51 PM by Todor.)
01-08-2023 01:50 PM
Outsider Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
Give him time. He has been at NMSU less than a year and everyone is saying the sky is falling already? I know NMSU has been king of their mountain for a long time, but life isn't over.
01-08-2023 04:26 PM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
I think NMSU has cause for firing him after the season if they want to.
01-09-2023 09:22 AM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
The sky is falling and life is over. This doesn't happen at NMSU. It is inexcusable. We look like a team playing pickup game on a blacktop somewhere. I've met GH and he is a great guy. But he doesn't have any coaching acumen.
01-09-2023 09:42 AM
Advertisement

edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
(01-09-2023 09:42 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  The sky is falling and life is over. This doesn't happen at NMSU. It is inexcusable. We look like a team playing pickup game on a blacktop somewhere. I've met GH and he is a great guy. But he doesn't have any coaching acumen.

It's not so bad!

1. Due to the switch from record seeding to resume seeding, NMSU is still on track to make the WAC tournament. Of course if you lose to ACU, UTA, or UTRGV it's all over. But maybe you won't lose all three.

2. No one has been charged with a crime yet, or at least if they have it's been kept quiet.

3. You haven't lost to UNM this season.

Hope this helps you feel better.
01-09-2023 11:04 AM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

(01-09-2023 11:04 AM)edinburger Wrote:  
(01-09-2023 09:42 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  The sky is falling and life is over. This doesn't happen at NMSU. It is inexcusable. We look like a team playing pickup game on a blacktop somewhere. I've met GH and he is a great guy. But he doesn't have any coaching acumen.

It's not so bad!

1. Due to the switch from record seeding to resume seeding, NMSU is still on track to make the WAC tournament. Of course if you lose to ACU, UTA, or UTRGV it's all over. But maybe you won't lose all three.

2. No one has been charged with a crime yet, or at least if they have it's been kept quiet.

I'm not criticizing GH for anything related to the crimes you reference. It was an unprecedented event and there is no playbook for what to do or how to act.

Can/will a winless WAC team make the tourney? I have my WACVegas tripped booked. It would suck to get there and NMSU isn't playing.

Burger, if ever there was a year for UTRGV to get that elusive NMSU win, this is the year. I bet you have the dates circled on your calendar. Ha!
01-09-2023 06:32 PM
Outsider Offline
1st String

(01-09-2023 06:32 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  

It's not so bad!

I'm not criticizing GH for anything related to the crimes you reference. It was an unprecedented event and there is no playbook for what to do or how to act.

Can/will a winless WAC team make the tourney? I have my WACVegas tripped booked. It would suck to get there and NMSU isn't playing.

Burger, if ever there was a year for UTRGV to get that elusive NMSU win, this is the year. I bet you have the dates circled on your calendar. Ha!

You got used to your position. 1) You aren't quite as good. 2) The WAC is way better than it has been in a long time. Get over it... No, it's not that bad and life isn't over, good grief.......... I have no clue if we will beat you or not, but either way life will go on. If all you have to complain about is what to do in Vegas then I don't know what to tell ya. One thing I do know is that there is a lot of WAC ball to play. Hey, want to feel better? We are 1-2 and we played you in the WAC Championship last year.
01-09-2023 06:45 PM
YesCubanB Offline
Special Teams

(01-09-2023 06:45 PM)Outsider Wrote:  

It's not so bad!

You got used to your position. 1) You aren't quite as good. 2) The WAC is way better than it has been in a long time. Get over it... No, it's not that bad and life isn't over, good grief.......... I have no clue if we will beat you or not, but either way life will go on. If all you have to complain about is what to do in Vegas then I don't know what to tell ya. One thing I do know is that there is a lot of WAC ball to play. Hey, want to feel better? We are 1-2 and we played you in the WAC Championship last year.

No one is saying life as we know it is over. And this is a sports forum so it would be the place to ***** about your sports team and possibly not seeing them make the tournament in Vegas. Im sure pops has other worries in his life but it would be weird to hear about how his doctor told him he needs to lay off the supermodels and go for someone more his age.
01-10-2023 09:25 AM
Outsider Offline
1st String

(01-10-2023 09:25 AM)YesCubanB Wrote:  

It's not so bad!

No one is saying life as we know it is over. And this is a sports forum so it would be the place to ***** about your sports team and possibly not seeing them make the tournament in Vegas. Im sure pops has other worries in his life but it would be weird to hear about how his doctor told him he needs to lay off the supermodels and go for someone more his age.

I'm sure pops could find some other models in Vegas if he really wanted. Still, it hasn't even been half a season yet. We ALL go through our up and down seasons, even the great and mighty, touched by god himself, GCU. This year is a little more open at the top and should be interesting when all is said and done.
01-10-2023 08:34 PM
Advertisement

PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

(01-10-2023 08:34 PM)Outsider Wrote:  
(01-09-2023 11:04 AM)edinburger Wrote:  It's not so bad!

I'm sure pops could find some other models in Vegas if he really wanted. Still, it hasn't even been half a season yet. We ALL go through our up and down seasons, even the great and mighty, touched by god himself, GCU. This year is a little more open at the top and should be interesting when all is said and done.

I believe that NMSU has been in the WAC championship 10 of the last 11 years. We are coming off an NCAA tourney win. Going 7-9 and 0-4 in conference is not a down season. It is hitting rock bottom.
01-12-2023 09:17 AM
KINGALLISON Offline
2nd String

I Root For: New Mexico St
With NMSU football on the rise, football is really the money maker and once football starts to roll and brings in the revenue, some of it will go to basketball, making basketball big time. Utah State was a basketball school, then football was great, then their basketball tanked, and now they have respectful football and basketball programs and money because of their football program that was then spread to it's basketball program. The jury is still out on GW but he will most likely be the basketball coach for NMSU for at least the next 2-3 years. He needs to refrom this team though, better hit the recruiting trail.
01-12-2023 01:13 PM
Outsider Offline
1st String

(01-12-2023 09:17 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(01-09-2023 06:32 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  I'm not criticizing GH for anything related to the crimes you reference. It was an unprecedented event and there is no playbook for what to do or how to act.

I believe that NMSU has been in the WAC championship 10 of the last 11 years. We are coming off an NCAA tourney win. Going 7-9 and 0-4 in conference is not a down season. It is hitting rock bottom.

Like I said, you got used to your hill. You'll live. I guess 9-8 and 1-3 is just normal for us? We just got off of 2 NCAA tourney appearances and an NCAA win, plus a CBI tourney with 2 CBI wins. Oh yeah, and 4 20+ win year seasons in a row.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2023 06:48 PM by Outsider.)
01-12-2023 06:46 PM
YesCubanB Offline
Special Teams

(01-12-2023 06:46 PM)Outsider Wrote:  
(01-09-2023 06:45 PM)Outsider Wrote:  You got used to your position. 1) You aren't quite as good. 2) The WAC is way better than it has been in a long time. Get over it... No, it's not that bad and life isn't over, good grief.......... I have no clue if we will beat you or not, but either way life will go on. If all you have to complain about is what to do in Vegas then I don't know what to tell ya. One thing I do know is that there is a lot of WAC ball to play. Hey, want to feel better? We are 1-2 and we played you in the WAC Championship last year.

Like I said, you got used to your hill. You'll live. I guess 9-8 and 1-3 is just normal for us? We just got off of 2 NCAA tourney appearances and an NCAA win, plus a CBI tourney with 2 CBI wins. Oh yeah, and 4 20+ win year seasons in a row.

Dude what are you talking about? We got used to our hill? Fans want their team to win. We went from usual conference championships or at least in the run for one to last place. I’d say that would register at least some sort of reaction. You Texans are loco.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2023 09:50 PM by YesCubanB.)
01-13-2023 09:50 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(01-13-2023 09:50 PM)YesCubanB Wrote:  
(01-10-2023 09:25 AM)YesCubanB Wrote:  No one is saying life as we know it is over. And this is a sports forum so it would be the place to ***** about your sports team and possibly not seeing them make the tournament in Vegas. Im sure pops has other worries in his life but it would be weird to hear about how his doctor told him he needs to lay off the supermodels and go for someone more his age.

Dude what are you talking about? We got used to our hill? Fans want their team to win. We went from usual conference championships or at least in the run for one to last place. I’d say that would register at least some sort of reaction. You Texans are loco.

He thinks being in the CBI and winning CBI games merit something.
01-14-2023 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Outsider Offline
1st String

(01-14-2023 11:01 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(01-10-2023 08:34 PM)Outsider Wrote:  I'm sure pops could find some other models in Vegas if he really wanted. Still, it hasn't even been half a season yet. We ALL go through our up and down seasons, even the great and mighty, touched by god himself, GCU. This year is a little more open at the top and should be interesting when all is said and done.

The point was being a winning team, period. Yes, your hill. Your little corner of the world. You have a right to complain obviously but watching all of your level of narcissistic whining is entertaining. 07-coffee3:03-lmfao07-coffee3
01-14-2023 12:25 PM
KINGALLISON Offline
2nd String

You already lost the argument when you start bragging about CBI wins haha that's the tournament you have to pay to participate haha that's the participation tournament, because you weren't good enough to make the NCAA Tournament.
01-14-2023 04:28 PM
KINGALLISON Offline
2nd String

(01-14-2023 12:25 PM)Outsider Wrote:  
(01-12-2023 09:17 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  I believe that NMSU has been in the WAC championship 10 of the last 11 years. We are coming off an NCAA tourney win. Going 7-9 and 0-4 in conference is not a down season. It is hitting rock bottom.

The point was being a winning team, period. Yes, your hill. Your little corner of the world. You have a right to complain obviously but watching all of your level of narcissistic whining is entertaining. 07-coffee3:03-lmfao07-coffee3

I'm pretty sure your team struggled vs little Western New Mexico in football haha Western New Mexico being the D-2 school in New Mexico haha
01-14-2023 04:33 PM
EatEmUp11 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Sam Houston State
(01-14-2023 04:33 PM)KINGALLISON Wrote:  
(01-14-2023 12:25 PM)Outsider Wrote:  
(01-12-2023 06:46 PM)Outsider Wrote:  Like I said, you got used to your hill. You'll live. I guess 9-8 and 1-3 is just normal for us? We just got off of 2 NCAA tourney appearances and an NCAA win, plus a CBI tourney with 2 CBI wins. Oh yeah, and 4 20+ win year seasons in a row.

I'm pretty sure your team struggled vs little Western New Mexico in football haha Western New Mexico being the D-2 school in New Mexico haha
Lost to Tarleton while they were D2?
01-14-2023 05:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.