Need to get these numbers up!

12-07-2022 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
RE: Basketball Attendance
(12-07-2022 01:04 PM)ODU-Z8 Wrote:  Need to get these numbers up!

Look at the 4 noobs!!!
12-07-2022 01:12 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY

Troy averages 2,758 last season. I expect the final numbers for this season to be between 2,700 and 3,000, considering Troy looks to be a contender this year again.
12-07-2022 01:15 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Texas isn't a State that cares much for basketball. Tough sale. Plus add that our home schedule is awful and you don't get many fans.
12-07-2022 01:20 PM
KellyGreenAlumni Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd
723... brutal.
12-07-2022 04:12 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(12-07-2022 04:12 PM)KellyGreenAlumni Wrote:  723... brutal.

04-jawdrop
12-07-2022 04:56 PM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
Yet another thing to love about non-D1 games, they drag average attendance down. In our D1 games our average is 4,035. I'm sure we're far from the only ones in that boat here though.

At any rate, it's definitely improved a lot but there's still a long way to go to get back to what JMU basketball used to be. Aside from attendance I really wish our atmosphere would improve drastically. The students have been excellent the last couple years and fortunately the AUBC amplifies crowd noise really really well. But we have way way WAY too many season ticket holders who sit there like they're at an opera.
12-07-2022 05:07 PM
Carsonpop Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
(12-07-2022 04:56 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  

04-jawdrop

Brutal roster, brutal coaches, brutal schedule which includes Sisters of the Poor, Christian Brothers and Houston Brothers. I really don’t understand why only about 723 come to see all that, do you?
12-07-2022 06:26 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
(12-07-2022 06:26 PM)Carsonpop Wrote:  
(12-07-2022 04:56 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  

04-jawdrop

Brutal roster, brutal coaches, brutal schedule which includes Sisters of the Poor, Christian Brothers and Houston Brothers. I really don’t understand why only about 723 come to see all that, do you?

Felt this to the core lol
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022 08:02 PM by TealNation.)
12-07-2022 08:02 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-07-2022 01:20 PM)slycat Wrote:  Texas isn't a State that cares much for basketball. Tough sale. Plus add that our home schedule is awful and you don't get many fans.

???

Perhaps at TXST.

Attendance and interest at Texas, Houston, Baylor, Texas Tech (and others) would sink your argument.
12-08-2022 03:27 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-07-2022 01:12 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  

Look at the 4 noobs!!!

Question for GAST….has the attraction of the new arena not kicked in yet? I would have thought your beautiful new facility would have helped your MBB attendance.
12-08-2022 03:30 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(12-08-2022 03:27 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(12-07-2022 01:20 PM)slycat Wrote:  Texas isn't a State that cares much for basketball. Tough sale. Plus add that our home schedule is awful and you don't get many fans.

???

Perhaps at TXST.

Attendance and interest at Texas, Houston, Baylor, Texas Tech (and others) would sink your argument.

Baylor attendance struggles. They can't fill their stadium when the win the NC. My brother went there and tells me it is mostly half full and donors just buy up tickets and give them away to boost numbers. Part of the problem is they have big OOC games on weeknights and people don't want to drive 1.5-2 hours from Dallas or Austin.

UH got a lot better after a billionaire renovated the arena and funded coaches.

I will say SMU and Tech seem to do well.

TXST just has the worst OOC schedules like most of the SBC.
12-08-2022 03:53 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Ga States attendance is embarrassing for having a new stadium that they are claiming is the best in the Sunbelt.
12-09-2022 10:10 AM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-08-2022 03:53 PM)slycat Wrote:  

???

Perhaps at TXST.

Baylor attendance struggles. They can't fill their stadium when the win the NC. My brother went there and tells me it is mostly half full and donors just buy up tickets and give them away to boost numbers. Part of the problem is they have big OOC games on weeknights and people don't want to drive 1.5-2 hours from Dallas or Austin.

Your original statement, however, is still off-base regarding college basketball in TX. While football is number one in Texas (as it is in most regions of the country), basketball is a major draw and of great interest…that is if you’re following a team with an established history of success and your program is competing on a national level. Obviously those descriptors don’t fit TXST, or much of the SBC for that matter.
12-09-2022 04:00 PM
AlwaysSunny Offline
1st String

I Root For: NCAA
Ga State has the same issue with bball attendance that they have with football attendance....they're in the middle of a large city that just doesn't care. It's not going to be an easy task for them to get around either.
12-09-2022 04:34 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
I can only speak for myself but I've been able to attend twice so far: the opener and hosting tech at home. I thought the atmoshpere was awesome, 4k~5k people in the lower bowl estimating with my eyes.
12-09-2022 04:40 PM
Advertisement

BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-09-2022 04:00 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  

???

Perhaps at TXST.

Your original statement, however, is still off-base regarding college basketball in TX. While football is number one in Texas (as it is in most regions of the country), basketball is a major draw and of great interest…that is if you’re following a team with an established history of success and your program is competing on a national level. Obviously those descriptors don’t fit TXST, or much of the SBC for that matter.

Actually, it's YOUR comment that's off base. Outside of the Big XII teams, who draws in Texas? UTEP does (but that's Texas in name only.) Houston will be in the Big XII next season.

Cajuns played at SMU in front of 3,100. That's about the high water mark for Texas schools that aren't in the P5. There are 21 D1 schools in Texas. About four of them draw fans and they are all in the Big XII.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2022 11:21 AM by BirdofParadise.)
12-11-2022 11:20 AM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(12-09-2022 10:10 AM)cmett003 Wrote:  Ga States attendance is embarrassing for having a new stadium that they are claiming is the best in the Sunbelt.

Agree, One of the bigger schools in the SBC, sitting in a huge metro. Very surprising.
12-11-2022 12:39 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-11-2022 11:20 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  
(12-09-2022 04:00 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  

???

Perhaps at TXST.

Actually, it's YOUR comment that's off base. Outside of the Big XII teams, who draws in Texas? UTEP does (but that's Texas in name only.) Houston will be in the Big XII next season.

Cajuns played at SMU in front of 3,100. That's about the high water mark for Texas schools that aren't in the P5. There are 21 D1 schools in Texas. About four of them draw fans and they are all in the Big XII.

So, now it’s except for UTEP and Houston, and all the Big XII programs, nobody else in Texas cares about MBB. 03-lmfao

Okay.

The truth is interest in Texas D1 college MBB is strong where there are winning programs….programs that have established a national identity, or who have a history of being competitive on the national D1 level. And with the Big XII’s continued success in the NCAAT, that interest in Texas MBB is only growing stronger.

If you wish to ignore or minimize the facts because of a general apathy about MBB in San Marcos that’s your prerogative, but it doesn’t change the fact winning breeds interest. The entire SBC will benefit if each league program can shake the Ho-hum attitude.
12-11-2022 03:20 PM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
There are a lot of commuters at Georgia State. That doesn’t translate into kids hanging around campus and walking to a ball game.

So, you build dorms near the stadium and arena, or you do what VCU did, which is to make VCU Richmond’s school. I know plenty of Richmonders (properly, Richmondpudlians) who root for the Rams and have no connection to the school but an address. That takes marketing. Think minor league baseball. Lots of folks don’t go for the game, they go for the promotions. You gotta make it worth coming from the Atlanta suburbs into the city at night.
12-11-2022 03:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.