Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Georgia State
Bookmark and Share
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
Georgia State
NU is back home for just the 2nd time this season to host old CAA foe Georgia State tomorrow.

The game is at 2pm and can be seen on NESN.
12-03-2022 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
RE: Georgia State
It's nice when you go to your upcoming opponents message board and the first thing you read is, "Northeastern is a bad basketball team"......and then this happens.
12-04-2022 04:23 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

(12-04-2022 04:23 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  It's nice when you go to your upcoming opponents message board and the first thing you read is, "Northeastern is a bad basketball team"......and then this happens.

Yeah I saw that BS too. They rest of the game they were commenting on how bad they’re shooting was and and how embarrassing the game is.

GSU was NEVER a threat to anyone in this league.
12-04-2022 04:29 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

They weren't wrong. They were just only half right. There were 2 bad basketball teams in Boston Arena today. But nice to get a win regardless. 2 weeks of practice to work on things now will hopefully help with a bad Holy Cross team in the middle.
12-04-2022 06:11 PM
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

(12-04-2022 06:11 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  They weren't wrong. They were just only half right. There were 2 bad basketball teams in Boston Arena today. But nice to get a win regardless. 2 weeks of practice to work on things now will hopefully help with a bad Holy Cross team in the middle.

Well let me ask you this. Did you honestly think NU would be 6-2 with six freshmen and 3 Power 6 games in their first 8 games? Yes our record says what we are, for the moment.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2022 06:24 PM by geewizNU.)
12-04-2022 06:23 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

12-04-2022 06:27 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(12-04-2022 06:23 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 06:11 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  They weren't wrong. They were just only half right. There were 2 bad basketball teams in Boston Arena today. But nice to get a win regardless. 2 weeks of practice to work on things now will hopefully help with a bad Holy Cross team in the middle.

Well let me ask you this. Did you honestly think NU would be 6-2 with six freshmen and 3 Power 6 games in their first 8 games? Yes our record says what we are, for the moment.

I suppose we could have scheduled some cupcakes like GSU and have a better record but that isn't how you get better.

Hey Wiz, are we morphing from a three point shooting team into an attack the paint team? We averaged 28 threes in our first four games but in our last four games we shot 15, 13, 25 and 12 threes. The 15 and the 12 were both wins.
12-04-2022 08:03 PM
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

(12-04-2022 08:03 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  

I suppose we could have scheduled some cupcakes like GSU and have a better record but that isn't how you get better.

Hey Wiz, are we morphing from a three point shooting team into an attack the paint team? We averaged 28 threes in our first four games but in our last four games we shot 15, 13, 25 and 12 threes. The 15 and the 12 were both wins.

Clearly. I mean you watch the games, we’re not a good shooting team from behind the arc. We’re a far cry from our last tournament team where we shot and made 3’s regularly.

This team right now outside of Stucke and Turner doesn’t have the shooters to consistently chuck 3’s. But we do have the athletes and skill set to take it to the rim.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2022 08:52 PM by geewizNU.)
12-04-2022 08:47 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

I think so too. That probably means more court time for guys like Pridgen and Troutman.
12-04-2022 09:02 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

(12-04-2022 09:02 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  I think so too. That probably means more court time for guys like Pridgen and Troutman.

Pridgen should have more time anyway. I mean he’s a starter in my eye.

However, I’m not so sure Doherty should be a starter whenever he returns. He likely will since Coen loves him, but I think the team is more athletic and can get just as many boards with Nwagha as a starter IMO.

I think Doherty and Stucke should come off the bench with Turner, Troutman etc. I also think Doherty and Nwagha both can play together as starters too.
12-04-2022 10:13 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

(12-04-2022 10:13 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 09:02 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  I think so too. That probably means more court time for guys like Pridgen and Troutman.

Pridgen should have more time anyway. I mean he’s a starter in my eye.

However, I’m not so sure Doherty should be a starter whenever he returns. He likely will since Coen loves him, but I think the team is more athletic and can get just as many boards with Nwagha as a starter IMO.

I think Doherty and Stucke should come off the bench with Turner, Troutman etc. I also think Doherty and Nwagha both can play together as starters too.

Pridgen should start. The idea of Alex starting over Doherty has obviously crossed my mind but I don't know. Doherty brings a lot to the table in terms of experience, better hands and scoring. There is an old saying about how a player shouldn't lose his starting spot because of an injury......but Alex has a huge upside and I want him to hang around.. What if Doherty started and Alex got at least fifteen minutes a game to prove he deserves the starting spot, for now?
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2022 11:04 PM by NUGUY.)
12-04-2022 11:00 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

I’m not so sure about Doherty having better hands and a better scorer. Doherty has had many problems scoring anything significant against decent bigs, even in our league.

And I’m not hating on Doherty at all. I just think Nwagha brings a little different element and more athleticism. But Doherty needs to get back on the floor soon.

On a side note, I’m getting a little concerned about Chase. He needs a breakout game of some sort because he looks out of sorts.
12-04-2022 11:38 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

Of course that would be crazy. Actually, I rarely concern myself with the record during non-conference, although I do like beating the local teams. What I am disappointed with this year is what my eyes are seeing. Specifically:

1. We have no offensive flow - scoring points is a huge struggle
2. We can't fix our turnover problem and rouinely throw it away 15-20 times even against non-pressuring teams
3. In a limited sample size, late game execution/strategy has been sketchy to put it nicely
4. Defense seems to be improving but it's been subpar overall. I'll judge that going forward now once (if) we get Chris back and now that Alex has asseted himself

At this point, I don't see us as a 500+ CAA team (which is my goal this year) but am open to seeing improvement. I'm just judging what I have seen to date in an 8 game sample.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022 08:34 AM by NUFan35.)
12-05-2022 08:33 AM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

On a side note, I’m getting a little concerned about Chase. He needs a breakout game of some sort because he looks out of sorts.
[/quote]

I'm rooting for Chase. I want him to succeed. For a while it looked like the PG spot would be either him or Glen. Now, Rashad is in the mix. I have no idea how this is going to play out.
12-05-2022 09:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.