Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jumping Ship
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Exclamation Jumping Ship
When you’re bad and players don’t like who they’re being coached by you start losing key players. I wonder who else is jumping ship.03-banghead
11-30-2022 08:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MGMFIN86 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
RE: Jumping Ship
When is the latest a player can go into transfer portal?
11-30-2022 09:14 PM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(11-30-2022 08:59 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  When you’re bad and players don’t like who they’re being coached by you start losing key players. I wonder who else is jumping ship.03-banghead

Bulls--- post because entering the portal now has nothing to do with being bad or good. It is simply a by-product of today's players believing they deserve more playing time or the grass is greener elsewhere.

As of today, Alabama wide receivers Traeshon Holden and Christian Leary are expected to announce in the next few days and at best, Alabama can be described as having a "down" year but certainly not "bad." Earlier Crimson Tide DB Khyree Jackson declared a week ago.

Oklahoma wide receiver Theo Wease has announced as have Tulsa quarterbacks Braylon Braxton and Davis Brin after their coach was fired. Others include WMU top rusher Sean Tyler, Florida State defensive back Sam McCall, Colorado safety Isaiah Lewis,, Northwestern leading receiver Malik Washington, Texas backup QB Hudson Card, Syracuse receiers Courntey Jackson, Anthony Queeley, and Dom Foster; FIU's tight end Rivaldo Fairweather, Duke LB Rocky Shelton II, DB Tony Davis, and WR Darrell Harding Jr.; Indiana QB Connor Baselak who transferred to IU from Mizzou plus back-up Jack Tuttle, who started one game; Iowa back-up QB Alex Padilla, Michigan original starting QB Cade McNamara, Oregon WR Dont'e Thornton Jr.; Stanford safety Jonathan McGill, Texas A&M RB LJ Johnson, and Missouri wideout Dominic Lovett.
Supposedly there are already 26 FCS players in the portal and that number will definitely grow.
11-30-2022 09:20 PM
Big Red Online
All American

(11-30-2022 09:20 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
(11-30-2022 08:59 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  When you’re bad and players don’t like who they’re being coached by you start losing key players. I wonder who else is jumping ship.03-banghead

Bulls--- post because entering the portal now has nothing to do with being bad or good. It is simply a by-product of today's players believing they deserve more playing time or the grass is greener elsewhere.

As of today, Alabama wide receivers Traeshon Holden and Christian Leary are expected to announce in the next few days and at best, Alabama can be described as having a "down" year but certainly not "bad." Earlier Crimson Tide DB Khyree Jackson declared a week ago.

Oklahoma wide receiver Theo Wease has announced as have Tulsa quarterbacks Braylon Braxton and Davis Brin after their coach was fired. Others include WMU top rusher Sean Tyler, Florida State defensive back Sam McCall, Colorado safety Isaiah Lewis,, Northwestern leading receiver Malik Washington, Texas backup QB Hudson Card, Syracuse receiers Courntey Jackson, Anthony Queeley, and Dom Foster; FIU's tight end Rivaldo Fairweather, Duke LB Rocky Shelton II, DB Tony Davis, and WR Darrell Harding Jr.; Indiana QB Connor Baselak who transferred to IU from Mizzou plus back-up Jack Tuttle, who started one game; Iowa back-up QB Alex Padilla, Michigan original starting QB Cade McNamara, Oregon WR Dont'e Thornton Jr.; Stanford safety Jonathan McGill, Texas A&M RB LJ Johnson, and Missouri wideout Dominic Lovett.
Supposedly there are already 26 FCS players in the portal and that number will definitely grow.

I'm just thankful this holiday season for a 4th thread on the football transfer portal.
11-30-2022 09:29 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

Couple more getting off the ship.

https://northernstar.info/101181/sports/...vnObqbELFE
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2022 11:19 PM by NIU75.)
11-30-2022 11:18 PM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(11-30-2022 09:29 PM)Big Red Wrote:  

I'm just thankful this holiday season for a 4th thread on the football transfer portal.

Only 4 threads of having paper game tickets and parking passes would make you feel blessed.
12-01-2022 12:12 AM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Well with attendance low, probably no hot dog threads. To save money, have no tickets just let people in.
12-01-2022 10:52 AM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(12-01-2022 10:52 AM)klake87 Wrote:  Well with attendance low, probably no hot dog threads. To save money, have no tickets just let people in.

Lol, right? Forget ticket sales, walk ins welcome.
12-01-2022 11:58 AM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I said , what I said. Jumping Ship exhibit G. Bye Bye Waylee : https://twitter.com/hwaylee02/status/159...P5NbW-sPqA
12-02-2022 11:32 AM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(12-02-2022 11:32 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  

I said , what I said. Jumping Ship exhibit G. Bye Bye Waylee : https://twitter.com/hwaylee02/status/159...P5NbW-sPqA

I'm religious myself. But what's with athletes saying it's God's Plan to transfer out.
12-02-2022 11:44 AM
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
God says get that NIL money, haha
12-02-2022 11:48 AM
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

(12-02-2022 11:44 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

I'm religious myself. But what's with athletes saying it's God's Plan to transfer out.

It's a cliche and the popular thing to say. Probably thanked mom too.
12-02-2022 11:52 AM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

It’s the cop out line when you don’t want to take responsibility. Nobody will question his God.
12-02-2022 12:01 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Pretty amazing that RB has had the most turnover on the team given our coach’s background. You’d think it’d be the biggest strength on the team.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2022 12:11 PM by DiehardHuskie.)
12-02-2022 12:10 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(12-02-2022 12:01 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  

It’s the cop out line when you don’t want to take responsibility. Nobody will question his God.

Jesus told me to become a Kentucky Wildcat
12-02-2022 12:14 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

(12-02-2022 12:14 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 12:01 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  
(11-30-2022 09:20 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  Bulls--- post because entering the portal now has nothing to do with being bad or good. It is simply a by-product of today's players believing they deserve more playing time or the grass is greener elsewhere.

Jesus told me to become a Kentucky Wildcat

03-lmfao03-banghead
12-02-2022 12:19 PM
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

If it's God's plan you'd think he'd go to a faith based university.
12-02-2022 12:31 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(12-02-2022 12:31 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  

If it's God's plan you'd think he'd go to a faith based university.

Wheaton? I don't think that is what is on their mind. ... HAHAHA
12-02-2022 01:01 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

When does the season ticket campaign begin?
12-02-2022 01:02 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

Depth was something that always separated elite from the rest be it P5 to P5, middle of the road P5 from G5, elite G5 from rest of G5.

NIU was a top tier team for depth at RB before this no wait transfer. While it got NIU a Rocky, it's costing them in RB. Ducker wanted to be the front man the same way AL...tOSU guys do on loaded teams so they transfer.

I hardly think any of the transfers are because Hammock or "NIU football sucks" bs. Most guys, at least top level, don't have to play for the good guy or education. They want money and possibility at next level. Go somewhere you think you can start, get or perhaps even promised NIL money. Before the unlimited transfer guys fulfilled their scholarships and moved on for one reason or another. Now, those reasons from missing home, mom wanting to see girls in bikini's take even more center stage when given the opportunity.

I thought this would be bad for NIU and I think it's going to get worse, or at least not get much better. It has evened the field in that more one year wonders will come to be, perhaps as NIU was last year. You many lose a stud, get lucky with a stud transfer in. The transfer any time does and NIL money can make a difference there.

College sport have changed forever and perhaps for the worst for NIU football.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2022 01:04 PM by randyfensfanclub1.)
12-02-2022 01:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.