Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Rocky and Thomas Show
Bookmark and Share
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
The Rocky and Thomas Show
For all those demanding the immediate firing of Hammock ponder this.

If Rocky, the most admired Huskie of the post Carey era, does come back, gets the medical red shirt do you think it's because of Hammock? Do you think his not playing was because of Hammock? Or should he come back, it is in spite of Hammock in your eyes as he is staying in DeKalb for the wonderful weather, smells of nature, the NIL money to be had and to enjoy the Lombardi at Fatty's?

Why am I having a vision of Jimmy at the town hall meeting in Hoosiers right now? 01-lauramac2
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2022 10:36 AM by randyfensfanclub1.)
11-28-2022 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: The Rocky and Thomas Show
(11-28-2022 10:33 AM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  For all those demanding the immediate firing of Hammock ponder this.

If Rocky, the most admired Huskie of the post Carey era, does come back, gets the medical red shirt do you think it's because of Hammock? Do you think his not playing was because of Hammock? Or should he come back, it is in spite of Hammock in your eyes as he is staying in DeKalb for the wonderful weather, smells of nature, the NIL money to be had and to enjoy the Lombardi at Fatty's?

Why am I having a vision of Jimmy at the town hall meeting in Hoosiers right now? 01-lauramac2

Who knows why Rocky is coming back. Maybe the Portal process is extremely stressful and he doesn't want to do that again? Maybe he doesn't want to learn a new offense?

Tying Rocky to Hammock is not a good look for Hammock. Having your coaches job security attached to one player over 4 years is not a positive thing. I bet Hammock is a great guy and kids love to play for him. That's how it feels between he and Rocky. But being a great guy isn't enough when it comes to coaching.

Look at it this way.....Is Hammock still at NIU if Lombardi never transferred here? What would be the state of the program then? I don't even want to think about that.
11-28-2022 11:26 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(11-28-2022 11:26 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 10:33 AM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  For all those demanding the immediate firing of Hammock ponder this.

Look at it this way.....Is Hammock still at NIU if Lombardi never transferred here? What would be the state of the program then? I don't even want to think about that.

Based on what we saw from this backup QB group this year it would not have been good last season (Hampton was terriblein his start vs. WMU last year). We were barely winning games with a great running game, solid return game, and QB making tons of plays.
11-28-2022 11:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
I think Hammock deserves at least one more year, like the guy and injuries were beyond his control. Praying we're bowl eligible next season, and he stops going for it on 4th and 4 from our own 32 yard line...

Sean T. Frazier should have been let go 2 years ago, he's an ineffective glad-hander, new energy is sorely needed at the NIU AD position.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2022 10:44 AM by NIUfilmmaker.)
11-29-2022 10:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.