Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Schiff: ‘Most Americans’ Would Call Trump’s 2016 Campaign Moves Russian Collusion
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Schiff: ‘Most Americans’ Would Call Trump’s 2016 Campaign Moves Russian Collusion
Quote:Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that “most Americans” would think Trump’s 2016 campaign manager Paul Manafort giving inside polling data and battle strategy to an agent of Russian intelligence was Russian collusion.

Anchor Dana Bash said, “As you well know, the man who was trying to be speaker, Republican Kevin McCarthy says that he wants to kick you off the intelligence committee, the committee that you now chair because of your handling of the Trump/Russia investigation, specifically that you repeatedly asserted there was direct evidence of collusion, direct collusion, which didn’t materialize.”

Schiff said, “McCarthy doesn’t think it’s inclusion if your campaign manager is giving inside polling data and battle strategy in key states to an agent of Russian intelligence while the Russians are helping your campaign, but most Americans would call that collusion. McCarthy’s problem isn’t what I said about Russia. McCarthy’s problem is he can’t get to 218 without Marjorie Taylor Greene, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, so he’ll do whatever they ask. Right now, they are asking for me to be removed from my committees. He’s willing to do anything they ask. That’s the problem. Kevin McCarthy has no ideology, no core set of beliefs. It’s very hard normally to get to 218 that way. It’s even more difficult to keep 218. That’s his problem. He will misrepresent my record. He’ll misrepresent Eric Swalwell, Ilhan Omar, whatever he needs to do to get the votes of the QAnon caucus within his conference.”

Link

Schiff: Will ‘Consider the Validity’ of GOP Subpoena Before I Comply

Quote:Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that he would have to consider the validity of and House Republicans’ subpoena before complying with it.

Anchor Dana Bash said, “The incoming oversight chair, James Comer, told Punchbowl News in an interview, ‘I don’t believe congressional investigations have a whole lot of credibility now. I blame Adam Schiff for that, but it’s also both parties to blame for investigations in the past. I want to change that.’ What’s your response?”

Schiff said, “Comer doesn’t believe in the Russia investigation, in the Ukraine investigation, he doesn’t believe in the investigation of January 6th. Why? Because those are investigations of the serial abuse of power by Donald Trump. Comer and Jordan and McCarthy will do nothing but carry Donald Trump’s water. Someone who is sitting down for dinner with anti-semites, who is sitting down for dinner with bigots who won’t condemn them. This is who they’re making common cause with. They will do and say what they need to do.”

Bash said, “We’re out of time but I have to ask. If you are subpoenaed by Republicans when they take over, will you comply?”

Schiff said, “We’ll have to consider the validity of the subpoena. I would certainly view my obligation, the administration’s obligation to follow the law and the fact that they have disrespected the law is not a precedent I would hope that would be broadly followed. We’ll have to look at the the legitimacy or lack of legitimacy of what they do.”
11-27-2022 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Schiff: ‘Most Americans’ Would Call Trump’s 2016 Campaign Moves Russian Collusion
Soon to be irrelevant.
11-27-2022 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Schiff: ‘Most Americans’ Would Call Trump’s 2016 Campaign Moves Russian Collusion
(11-27-2022 01:51 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Soon to be more irrelevant.

FYP
11-27-2022 02:12 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Schiff is a buffoon
11-27-2022 02:12 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
I thought Schiffs response to a question about how he would respond if the Republican controlled House issued a subpoena requiring his testimony. He said he'd have to consider the "validity of the subpoena". Apparently, congressional subpoenas no longer carry the force of law if Republicans are in charge of the House--per the king of misinformation Mr Shifty Schiff. That answer alone is definitive proof that the man has no respect for the truth or the law.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2022 03:10 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-27-2022 03:07 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-27-2022 03:07 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I thought Schiffs response to a question about how he would respond if the Republican controlled House issued a subpoena requiring his testimony. He said he'd have to consider the "validity of the subpoena". Apparently, congressional subpoenas no longer carry the force of law if Republicans are in charge of the House--per the king of misinformation Mr Shifty Schiff. That answer alone is definitive proof that the man has no respect for the truth or the law.

welcome to politics .. it's like buckin' a bronc, Ja?!

enter into the realm of corpshite 'murica ... good luck that, too...

toss in 'muh law', and the subjectivity gets into the crotch with a shade o' onery...

11-27-2022 04:10 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Another reason term limits are badly needed.
11-27-2022 04:47 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-27-2022 04:47 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Another reason term limits are badly needed.

the founders completely whiffed that guy ... their 'reasoning' was the same as it is today ... #muhLandLaw&$$$

@sameStoryDifferentDay

honestly, I don't know if the states could put together a cast o' characters in any scenario that would legislate toward incentivizing this lazy arse nation as it exists today...

it's amazing how too few actually recognize how this country was built and why it abandoned such once fully absorbed...

oh wellzy....
11-27-2022 05:44 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I'm still waiting on pencil neck to produce his "evidence in plain sight" of Trump's collusion.
11-27-2022 08:46 PM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
There are really very few people for which I truly wish bad things, but Shiff, Fauci, and Pelosi are certainly on that list. Maybe God will forgive him for his blatant and public lies, but I never will.
11-27-2022 09:24 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

11-28-2022 12:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I'd call anything that comes out of bug eyes' mouth Bull Schiff.
11-28-2022 12:36 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
He may be the most dishonest politician in office today.
11-28-2022 01:32 PM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Most Americans can't identify Russia on a world map - certainly not ones under the age of 30.
11-28-2022 02:13 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Most Americans under the age of 30 probably can't identify America on a world map.
11-28-2022 02:14 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
(11-28-2022 02:14 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Most Americans under the age of 30 probably can't identify America on a world map.

…and some of them don’t even know how to identify themselves
11-28-2022 02:58 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

WATCH: Adam Schiff Blasts McCarthy, Says GOP Leader Only Wants Him off Intel Committee to Appease QAnon

Quote:As with people in general, there are certain political figures who simply can’t get out of their own way. In the case of California Democrat Rep. Adam Schiff, it’s almost like he intentionally tries to humiliate himself every time he opens his lying mouth. Toss in his stage-4 TDS, and this guy is a real bundle of joy.

Schiff’s latest delusional blabbering — on CNN, of course — was in response to GOP House Leader Kevin McCarthy‘s confirmation, during a November 20 segment with Fox News host Maria Bartiromo, that if he becomes Speaker of the 118th Congress on January 3, he will remove Schiff, Ilhan Omar, and Eric Swalwell from the respective committee seats:

So let it be said, so let it be done.

Let’s pass on the Mensa twins, Omar and Swalwell, for now, but the above confirmation from Kevin McCarthy did not sit well at all with Schiff for brains Mr. Schiff.

So what did Schiffty do? What he always does. He not only lied his rear end off, he concocted a ridiculous excuse, hoping enough people would buy his nonsense. During a Sunday segment on CNN’s “State of the Union,” the congressman, infamous for continuing to lie about the Russian “collusion” hoax, said the following about the likely next Speaker of the House.

CNN host Dana Bash kicked off the festivities:

As you well know, the man who is trying to be Speaker, the Republican Kevin McCarthy, says that he wants to kick you off the Intelligence Committee that you now chair, because of your handling of the Trump-Russia investigation, and specifically that you repeatedly asserted that there was direct evidence of collusion — direct collusion, which didn’t materialize. What’s your response to McCarthy?

This a fairly-worded question — particularly from CNN. But Schiff, of course, immediately ran his lying train off the tracks:

Well, McCarthy apparently doesn’t think it’s collusion if your campaign manager is giving inside polling data and battle strategy to key state to an agent of Russian intelligence while the Russians are helping your campaign, but most Americans would call that collusion.

Just one problem Schiff never even came close to producing proof to back up the multiple lies he told throughout the Russian-Trump investigation.

To be fair, Schiff was half-right, given that a majority of Americans at the time believed that Russia did attempt to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. But, as is the case with every poll, where did those who believed the allegations against Trump get the information that led them to believe it was true? From hyper-partisan hacks like Schiff, the liberal lapdog media, and online sites of the same political persuasion.

Schiff then went farther off the rails, blasting McCarthy for kowtowing to the desires of Marjorie Taylor Greene, Paul Gosar, and Matt Gaetz:

McCarthy’s problem is not with what I said about Russia; McCarthy’s problem is he can’t get to 218 without Marjorie Taylor Greene, Paul Gosar, and Matt Gaetz, and so he will do whatever they ask, and right now they’re asking for me to be removed from my committees and he’s willing to do it. He’s willing to do anything they ask, and that’s the problem.

So, why did Schiff single out the above three House Republicans? Let’s let Schiffty explain.

Kevin McCarthy has no ideology. He has no core set of beliefs. It’s very hard not only to get to 218 that way, it’s even more difficult to keep to 218. That’s his problem, so he will misrepresent my record, he’ll misrepresent Eric Swalwell’s record, or Ilhan Omar. Whatever he needs to do to get the votes of the QAnon caucus.

As you likely recall, the whacked-out conspiracy group QAnon was made infamous by Qanon Shaman Jacob Chansley inside the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6, 2021 — and was rewarded with more than three years in prison for his ridiculous antics.

The Bottom Line

Schiff, like all Democrats in the aftermath of the 2022 midterm elections, is terrified. The only problem for Schiff is his history of lies against Donald Trump. Like Trump, or loathe him, Adam Schiff has no business sitting on the House Intelligence Committee — or any other committee.

Once a liar, always a liar, in my book. Adam Schiff is just one of those people who can’t be trusted.
11-28-2022 03:00 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(11-27-2022 05:44 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(11-27-2022 04:47 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Another reason term limits are badly needed.

the founders completely whiffed that guy ... their 'reasoning' was the same as it is today ... #muhLandLaw&$$$

@sameStoryDifferentDay

honestly, I don't know if the states could put together a cast o' characters in any scenario that would legislate toward incentivizing this lazy arse nation as it exists today...

it's amazing how too few actually recognize how this country was built and why it abandoned such once fully absorbed...

oh wellzy....

They didn't foresee or advocate that those in office did it as a career. In their time it was a simple to do the job as best they could and then return to the private sector. I expect the Founders would be shocked to see politicians spend their entire careers in Washington.
11-28-2022 06:11 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(11-28-2022 03:00 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  WATCH: Adam Schiff Blasts McCarthy, Says GOP Leader Only Wants Him off Intel Committee to Appease QAnon

McCarthy's response to that should be:

So what - Bye!
11-29-2022 12:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.