Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boycott the MACC Game
Bookmark and Share
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Boycott the MACC Game
Fellow Rocket fans, I don’t say this lightly, but: boycott the game in Detroit. Don’t buy tix, don’t go to the game. This isn’t about “supporting the team” and “being a good/real fan”. This isn’t about the team-/this is about saving the PROGRAM. A program that before Candle, was at least in the verge of becoming one of the top 5 G5 programs in the country, but now loses to bad teams every season. EVERY season.

Those results should speak for themselves, but we have an ambivalent university president & a wishy-washy, uncertain new AD. They need to see visible indicators of what we feel. The only thing they seem to understand & care about is $$$, which flows from a fan base, so let’s start sending the message now. Sure, we can wait until a lame duck Candle goes 3-9 next season, but then the damage done to the PROGRAM we all love could be unlike what we’ve seen since Gene Cross put our basketball program on life support.

If this PROGRAM has any hope of regaining the glow & luster of the past, Candle needs to go now. Unfortunately, the team will be collateral damage.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2022 04:11 PM by bcunn3128.)
11-25-2022 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: Boycott the MACC Game
Nah. If we lose 52-0 I still ride or die. This game as heavy underdogs is for Candles job/ a tryout for somewhere else. He wont get extended no matter what he does now. But the contract thru 2023 will remain if we end up 9-5 somehow. We may get outdrawn by Ohio now though.
11-25-2022 04:25 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Hell no. I'm pissed about how the last 2 games and want Candle fired, but I'm not a fair weather fan like some people on this board.
11-25-2022 04:37 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Considering how bad the ticket sales are, it's the same as boycotting.
11-25-2022 05:00 PM
indianasniff Online
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Boycott the MACC Game
No HC should go into recruiting with two years left. The decision happens this year

Bet Candle is going to Iowa St

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-25-2022 05:05 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-25-2022 05:05 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  No HC should go into recruiting with two years left. The decision happens this year

His contract goes through the 2023 season, next year. One year left after this year.
11-25-2022 05:20 PM
Advertisement

RangerRocket Online
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-25-2022 05:05 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  No HC should go into recruiting with two years left. The decision happens this year

Doubt they’d really want him at Iowa State, he’s no offensive genius that’s for sure.
11-25-2022 06:01 PM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

The comments by bcunn in regards to the PROGRAM are right on. What is left of this team is a true embarrassment. Not only is the MAC having one of, if not it's worst seasons but it's West champ is crawling on hands and knees to the MACC in Detroit. I agree to NOT go to Detroit.
We certainly dont look like we can win and the administration needs to know that people feel that this staff has been given every tool that they need to win this conference.

"What a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into Ollie"
11-25-2022 07:24 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

While I’m ready for a new coach, we are still in the MAC championship and I’m gonna be there if we win. If we lose, we’ll I have low expectations for next week and it’s cheap
11-25-2022 08:20 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Boycott the MACC Game
My decision was made after the BG game. We've struggled in every game this year. Even our shut out win vs LIU was ugly. To lose to a ****** BG team and let them score 42 pts on you and blow a lead with 50 seconds to go.....at home, WTF? No pride in this program right now and it starts at the top. We are ill-prepared to compete in our own conference. This season was hot garbage and has made something I truly enjoy, spending my disposable time and money on the Rockets, a thing that hurts. I get visibly upset and it's not worth it. It's an embarrassing brand of football.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
11-25-2022 08:35 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Maybe a Alumni high roller can give the AD money to buy out the rest of his contract, and have one of his assistants coach the Rockets in Detroit. Better yet, no more Detroit's and have whatever MAC team has the best record going into the championship, that team plays at home.
11-25-2022 08:46 PM
Advertisement

holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
How about you have your team withdraw, and we’ll take your place?
11-25-2022 09:04 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(11-25-2022 09:04 PM)holybovine Wrote:  How about you have your team withdraw, and we’ll take your place?

You were only a couple plays away from beating us. Right now, I have no doubt your team is playing better than ours & would give Ohio a better game.
11-25-2022 09:17 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(11-25-2022 09:04 PM)holybovine Wrote:  How about you have your team withdraw, and we’ll take your place?

No but we could exchange coaches.
11-25-2022 09:30 PM
rocketinchitown2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo, Ohio State
My dad has been a season ticket holder my entire life. I'm 36. We were pumped about the MAC title game and were figuring out ways to go. After the BG let down we both agreed this team isn't worth a title visit and decided not supporting for a letdown.

We went to Columbus and witnessed the massacre.

I've been on a Fire Candle train for 3 years. This guy can pound sand and leave. This program is going backwards, even if we fell into the MAC title game.

No reason to lose to BG or WMU this year. Pathetic and I'm not about to see us lose 45-13 to OU.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2022 10:03 PM by rocketinchitown2.)
11-25-2022 10:03 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
I may or may not go !!
Depends on the amount of apathy I have towards the program a week from now !!
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2022 10:53 PM by FMRocket.)
11-25-2022 10:51 PM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
I was driving down to Florida and we decide to stop for lunch to watch the game and continue on after that.

The game was just ending the 1st Q. Showed the stats on Finn as something like 50% completion rate for 35 yards and 1 interception. Toledo punts, then gets an interception, and Gleason takes it in for a score 7-0. I'm feeling good things will turn around and they start to pull away. Defense looks dominant, holds and forces a punt. I think it is the next series, where I see Finn back in the game??. He throws a pick six and voila - 7-7. First half ends after Western kicks a field goal and its 10-7 Western at the half. Make the decision to resume the drive, and we take off at halftime. I knew then, I was seeing the same offensive problems that has been evident all month long. Seeing the score this morning was not a surprise.

We were going to come back early to watch the MACC game. Not now. It's 82 degrees and I'm not about to come back to watch more of this crap.

I don't care if Candle is a "nice guy". I always despised the "nice guys" at work that were incompetent and then topped that off by not working hard. Candle may work hard, but he's ineffective.

Again, I point to what OSU did with their defense and making changes in personnel. The change is evident this year. Candle just doesn't think that way. He supports incompetence. My boss one time spoke of why he fired a "nice guy" manager. He simply said "incompetent people surround themselves with incompetent people. I don't allow that to happen with my staff, they shouldn't allow that with theirs" He ended with - "I am not your friend, I'm your boss, and that is the best advice I can give you - don't forget it"

Don't know who we are going to beat to avoid 7-7 season.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2022 07:17 AM by MotoRocket.)
11-26-2022 06:59 AM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

For those who like to gamble, you can get Ohio u at +3.5 right now on fan duel, or +155 money line. Shocking that Toledo is favored.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2022 09:14 PM by adunifon.)
11-26-2022 09:13 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
The line has been wrong all season on Toledo. Its on you if you believe them as true line makers. They dont follow the MAC until November. It says "QB out for Ohio, and QB probable for UT. All anyone remembers is Finns performance vs. Ohio State.
11-26-2022 11:56 PM
toledobigmike Offline
1st String

Threads like this is why this board is DEAD. Bunch of delusional grouchy old ***** who have no sense of place whatsoever. 01-wingedeagle
11-27-2022 01:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.