Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News January 6th Committee Staffers Toss Liz Cheney Overboard in 'Straight Into My Veins'
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
January 6th Committee Staffers Toss Liz Cheney Overboard in 'Straight Into My Veins'
Quote:Who could have guessed that Liz Cheney would be too crazy even for the libs? That’s the story of a new piece from The Washington Post. According to over a dozen staffers who served the January 6th committee, the recently defeated Wyoming congresswoman’s behavior has left a bad taste in their mouths.

There’s a lot here to unpack, but the gist seems to be that Cheney has turned the committee into a personal vendetta to boost her 2024 chances.

Now, less than six weeks before the conclusion of the committee’s work, Cheney’s influence over the committee’s final report has rankled many former and current committee staff. They are angered and disillusioned by Cheney’s push to focus the report primarily on former president Donald Trump, and have bristled at the committee morphing into what they have come to view as the vehicle for the outgoing Wyoming lawmaker’s political future.

Fifteen former and current staffers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, expressed concerns that important findings unrelated to Trump will not become available to the American public.

Be right back. I’ve got to go inject that straight into my veins.

What a shocker. Who could have guessed that Cheney’s singularly-focused performative outrage toward Donald Trump wouldn’t sit well with the staffers doing the actual work in the background? And it only gets juicier from there.

Several committee staff members were floored earlier this month when they were told that a draft report would focus almost entirely on Trump and the work of the committee’s “Gold Team,” excluding reams of other investigative work.

Potentially left on the cutting room floor, or relegated to an appendix, were many revelations from the “Blue Team” — the group that dug into the law enforcement and intelligence community’s failure to assess the looming threat and prepare for the well-forecast attack on the Capitol…

…“We all came from prestigious jobs, dropping what we were doing because we were told this would be an important fact-finding investigation that would inform the public,” said one former committee staffer. “But when [the committee] became a Cheney 2024 campaign, many of us became discouraged.”

Cheney’s goal has obviously been to set up a 2024 campaign, using the committee as a way to try to clear the field of one of its most favored candidates in Trump. Still, that all seems a bit delusional now, doesn’t it? Does anyone think Cheney would have a prayer against Ron DeSantis? And what donors are going to flush millions down the drain to keep Cheney’s vanity quest going when the reality of the situation becomes apparent? I’d guess not many.

As to the complaints about materials being left out of the report, I think they are fair. The one thing Congress actually has statutory authority over is investigating the failures of government agencies. According to these staffers, though, that’s not going to happen. That seems like a rather inexcusable admission from the final report. The American public should know why the USCP was so ill-prepared and why offers of help were rejected.

With that said, there’s a bit of playing both sides going on here. Yes, there are some things reportedly being left out of the report that probably should be in there, but I’d bet many of these staffers are chapped that they aren’t going to be allowed to make a broader inditement of the right. No doubt, they want to take down Trump, but I’m sure they also want to paint every Republican as a domestic terrorist in the process. If Cheney blocking that has ruffled their feathers, that’s actually a good thing.

Regardless, this infighting is as ironic as it is hilarious, and it reinforces a rule I’ve stated again and again. Namely, that nothing a Republican does will ever be enough for the left. The stab in the back is always around the corner. Not even Liz Cheney, who has got down on bended knee to help feed the most intense Democrat obsession, could avoid being tossed overboard. And what a satisfying toss it is.

Link
11-27-2022 05:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: January 6th Committee Staffers Toss Liz Cheney Overboard in 'Straight Into My Veins'
Pelosi doesn't want the finger pointed at her for her incompetence or at the Dem run FBI for their incompetence. They are just throwing Cheney under the bus because they can't blame Pelosi or Merrick Garland's FBI.
11-27-2022 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: January 6th Committee Staffers Toss Liz Cheney Overboard in 'Straight Into My Veins'
(11-27-2022 06:02 PM)bullet Wrote:  Pelosi doesn't want the finger pointed at her for her incompetence or at the Dem run FBI for their incompetence. They are just throwing Cheney under the bus because they can't blame Pelosi or Merrick Garland's FBI.

Cheney was always suppose to take the fall.
11-27-2022 07:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-27-2022 07:11 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(11-27-2022 06:02 PM)bullet Wrote:  Pelosi doesn't want the finger pointed at her for her incompetence or at the Dem run FBI for their incompetence. They are just throwing Cheney under the bus because they can't blame Pelosi or Merrick Garland's FBI.

Cheney was always suppose to take the fall.

help me out with that ... why?

she had no chance in either party moving forward (regardless of all the stupid msm bs over said time frame)

why would one subject themselves to such?

maybe there's some voodoo Cheney subculture I'm unaware of?!
11-27-2022 07:31 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
For both Cheney and Kinzinger, the Age of Relevance is nearing its inevitable end, in about 5 weeks. Of the 2, Kinzinger might actually have the easier transition, since he has been a nobody for most of his life and probably remembers most of the routines.

Liz Cheney, OTOH, was 9 years old when her father was named White House Chief of Staff. She has orbited the world of power/influence on a national level ever since. To find all the old doors closed (if not actually locked and bolted) may startle her at first. We’ll see.

I suppose it’s possible that she really has made a couple of genuine new friendships in her new phase as an anti-Republican. If so, maybe they can provide a soft landing. But I suspect that most of the people who have been praising her in the media as a “principled public servant” these past 2 years haven’t quite stopped thinking of her, at least in private, as Darth Vader’s warmongering b¡tch-offspring. And make no mistake, that is *Exactly* how a lot of them felt about her, and about her father, before she joined in on their anti-Trump crusade.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2022 07:46 PM by Native Georgian.)
11-27-2022 07:44 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-27-2022 07:44 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  For both Cheney and Kinzinger, the Age of Relevance is nearing its inevitable end, in about 5 weeks. Of the 2, Kinzinger might actually have the easier transition, since he has been a nobody for most of his life and probably remembers most of the routines.

Liz Cheney, OTOH, was 9 years old when her father was named White House Chief of Staff. She has orbited the world of power/influence on a national level ever since. To find all the old doors closed (if not actually locked and bolted) may startle her at first. We’ll see.

I suppose it’s possible that she really has made a couple of genuine new friendships in her new phase as an anti-Republican. If so, maybe they can provide a soft landing. But I suspect that most of the people who have been praising her in the media as a “principled public servant” these past 2 years haven’t quite stopped thinking of her, at least in private, as Darth Vader’s warmongering b¡tch-offspring. And make no mistake, that is *Exactly* how a lot of them felt about her, and about her father, before she joined in on their anti-Trump crusade.

She will enter the Media world via CNN/MSNBC, etc.

Her life will change very little. Once a silver spoon, always a silver spoon…. If there were justice in the world it wouldn’t be that way - but it is.
11-27-2022 08:03 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(11-27-2022 08:03 PM)Crebman Wrote:  
(11-27-2022 07:44 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  For both Cheney and Kinzinger, the Age of Relevance is nearing its inevitable end, in about 5 weeks. Of the 2, Kinzinger might actually have the easier transition, since he has been a nobody for most of his life and probably remembers most of the routines.

She will enter the Media world via CNN/MSNBC, etc.

Her life will change very little. Once a silver spoon, always a silver spoon…. If there were justice in the world it wouldn’t be that way - but it is.

Exactly. Its always entertaining to watch back stabbing "useful idiots" like Cheney get surprised when they are tossed aside as no longer useful by their new "friends". She has served her purpose for the Democrats. She functioned adequately as a figure head faux Republican dutifully nodding her head and making grim serious facial expressions as she attempted to make the asinine case that 1000 middle aged angry rioters armed with plastic flag poles and canes were close to overthrowing the government in a huge "insurrectionists" plot. Now she is no longer any use to them---so as hard as it is for Liz to comprehend---her 15 minutes of fame are over and her Republican political career is finished. She can write a book I guess----should sell 10 or 20 copies. Surely her mom and dad will buy a copy---and I expect they will give some away as unwanted gifts to people they dont really like very much.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2022 08:30 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-27-2022 08:27 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(11-27-2022 05:52 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:Who could have guessed that Liz Cheney would be too crazy even for the libs? That’s the story of a new piece from The Washington Post. According to over a dozen staffers who served the January 6th committee, the recently defeated Wyoming congresswoman’s behavior has left a bad taste in their mouths.

There’s a lot here to unpack, but the gist seems to be that Cheney has turned the committee into a personal vendetta to boost her 2024 chances.

Now, less than six weeks before the conclusion of the committee’s work, Cheney’s influence over the committee’s final report has rankled many former and current committee staff. They are angered and disillusioned by Cheney’s push to focus the report primarily on former president Donald Trump, and have bristled at the committee morphing into what they have come to view as the vehicle for the outgoing Wyoming lawmaker’s political future.

Fifteen former and current staffers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, expressed concerns that important findings unrelated to Trump will not become available to the American public.

What a shocker. Who could have guessed that Cheney’s singularly-focused performative outrage toward Donald Trump wouldn’t sit well with the staffers doing the actual work in the background? And it only gets juicier from there.

Several committee staff members were floored earlier this month when they were told that a draft report would focus almost entirely on Trump and the work of the committee’s “Gold Team,” excluding reams of other investigative work.

Potentially left on the cutting room floor, or relegated to an appendix, were many revelations from the “Blue Team” — the group that dug into the law enforcement and intelligence community’s failure to assess the looming threat and prepare for the well-forecast attack on the Capitol…

…“We all came from prestigious jobs, dropping what we were doing because we were told this would be an important fact-finding investigation that would inform the public,” said one former committee staffer. “But when [the committee] became a Cheney 2024 campaign, many of us became discouraged.”

Cheney’s goal has obviously been to set up a 2024 campaign, using the committee as a way to try to clear the field of one of its most favored candidates in Trump. Still, that all seems a bit delusional now, doesn’t it? Does anyone think Cheney would have a prayer against Ron DeSantis? And what donors are going to flush millions down the drain to keep Cheney’s vanity quest going when the reality of the situation becomes apparent? I’d guess not many.

As to the complaints about materials being left out of the report, I think they are fair. The one thing Congress actually has statutory authority over is investigating the failures of government agencies. According to these staffers, though, that’s not going to happen. That seems like a rather inexcusable admission from the final report. The American public should know why the USCP was so ill-prepared and why offers of help were rejected.

With that said, there’s a bit of playing both sides going on here. Yes, there are some things reportedly being left out of the report that probably should be in there, but I’d bet many of these staffers are chapped that they aren’t going to be allowed to make a broader inditement of the right. No doubt, they want to take down Trump, but I’m sure they also want to paint every Republican as a domestic terrorist in the process. If Cheney blocking that has ruffled their feathers, that’s actually a good thing.

Regardless, this infighting is as ironic as it is hilarious, and it reinforces a rule I’ve stated again and again. Namely, that nothing a Republican does will ever be enough for the left. The stab in the back is always around the corner. Not even Liz Cheney, who has got down on bended knee to help feed the most intense Democrat obsession, could avoid being tossed overboard. And what a satisfying toss it is.

Link

The part in bold is spot on and why I won't support the GOP again until they learn how to fight like the dems. Screw taking the high road and principles be damned. We are in a fight for our lives and the GOP is more concerned about appearances than protecting our republic.
11-28-2022 07:20 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(11-28-2022 07:20 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(11-27-2022 05:52 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Link

The part in bold is spot on and why I won't support the GOP again until they learn how to fight like the dems. Screw taking the high road and principles be damned. We are in a fight for our lives and the GOP is more concerned about appearances than protecting our republic.

I cant stand Cheney and we all know Cheney is only on the Committee in the first place because she is a backstabbing self promoting anti-Trump attention whore---but Im admittedly confused as to why there is any daylight between Cheney and the rest of the Committee. There were something like 9 televised January 6th hearings, and though I didnt watch a single one of them, I am fully aware that not a single one of those televised hearing focused on how the failings of law enforcement, Capital security, and US intelligence resulted in a breach of Capital security that day. Nine televised hearings and not one even so much as touched on that topic? So, why exactly shouldnt the final report largely reflect the same material that was the primary focus of the nine televised Committee hearings? Why the sudden end of year change of heart by Democrats? Are they concerned their misrepresentation of the facts in the nine televised Jan 6th Hearings might potentially rise to the level of criminality in a Republican controlled Congress?
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2022 10:06 AM by Attackcoog.)
11-28-2022 09:55 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Just think how much better off we would be if Dick Cheney's political career had never gotten to first base.
11-28-2022 12:09 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(11-28-2022 12:09 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Just think how much better off we would be if Dick Cheney's political career had never gotten to first base.
In 1978, Cheney won the GOP primary in a year where the Democrat incumbent chose not to run for re-election. I’m not sure who else was seeking the nomination. But yes, that was a fateful election.

Another thing to remember is that if the Senate had confirmed John Tower as Secretary of Defense in 1989, Cheney would have remained in the House minority for another 5 years. Instead, he moved to the Pentagon, and Newt Gingrich moved up to become the GOP leader in the House. I have never heard Sam Nunn explain what John Tower did to p¡ss him off, but it must have been something horrible.
11-28-2022 02:02 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(11-28-2022 02:02 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 12:09 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Just think how much better off we would be if Dick Cheney's political career had never gotten to first base.
In 1978, Cheney won the GOP primary in a year where the Democrat incumbent chose not to run for re-election. I’m not sure who else was seeking the nomination. But yes, that was a fateful election.
Another thing to remember is that if the Senate had confirmed John Tower as Secretary of Defense in 1989, Cheney would have remained in the House minority for another 5 years. Instead, he moved to the Pentagon, and Newt Gingrich moved up to become the GOP leader in the House. I have never heard Sam Nunn explain what John Tower did to p¡ss him off, but it must have been something horrible.

I went to the same church (St. Martin's) as the Bushes for a number of years and as a result knew them, but not very well. We do/did have a lot of mutual friends, and I have been told by several of them that Barbara was livid when GWB picked Cheney as his running mate, because she did not like him. She felt that he had advised GHWB poorly on several matters that contributed to his failure to be re-elected.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2022 03:08 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
11-28-2022 03:02 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(11-28-2022 03:02 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  …Barbara was livid when GWB picked Cheney as his running mate, because she did not like him. She felt that he had advised GHWB poorly on several matters that contributed to his failure to be re-elected.
I wonder if GWB’s selection of Cheney was, in some way, an act of filial rebellion? From a traditional/political standpoint, Cheney brought exactly Nothing to the table. Wyoming had 3 electoral votes and they were going to Bush regardless of who his running -mate was. Demographically, Cheney was (at the time) about as generic Republican as any human being could possibly be. And yet he clearly impressed GWB for some reason.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2022 05:36 PM by Native Georgian.)
11-28-2022 05:31 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
So the dog got a flea treatment and shed the flea.
11-28-2022 05:58 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
The saying, "the fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree", is a perfect example of these two connivers. Neither is worth their salt. Daddy Cheney even has that sinister smirk and his daughter the "woe is me" look, suggesting that she's the underdog and maybe it's because she is as worthless as Schiff and no one likes her but are happy to use her as the Demons did.

We have a word for her in Spanish, "Pendeja" and it's fits to a tee.
11-28-2022 06:04 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(11-28-2022 05:31 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I wonder if GWB’s selection of Cheney was, in some way, an act of filial rebellion?

That makes as much sense as anything else.

My first choice was Christy Whitman. She would have pulled enough centrist votes to carry perhaps another state or two, and the margin in several others, including Florida, would likely not have been so thin.
11-28-2022 06:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.