Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Open Thread - week 11 cfb
Bookmark and Share
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
Exclamation Open Thread - week 11 cfb
I don't know if anyone wants to win the Big Ten Worst, I mean, West, but we'll find out in Champaign, IL today. The good news after last week is one of these two teams has to win although it might take nine OT's for one of them to win 03-nutkick

We also have Maryland at Penn State. Maryland is 6-3. Penn State is 7-2 with their losses to Michigan and Ohio State.

We also have a sneaky decent game with Wisconsin at Iowa later today. Both of them are hoping for Purdue to win if they have any hope of winning the Big Ten West. Iowa beat Purdue last week in West Lafayette and Wisconsin also beat Purdue this year. If Purdue wins today, the winner of this game would be tied with Illinois and Purdue and Illinois has to go to Michigan the following week so it would look really good for the winner of this game. Minnesota plays Northwestern today so they would be tied with Illinois, Purdue, and the winner of Wisconsin-Iowa. The Gophers should want Iowa to win since they host Iowa and have to go to Wisconsin. Of course Illinois could just make it easier for everyone, just win today and win vs. Northwestern on Nov. 26. Or the Big Ten should just let Michigan and Ohio State play in Indy. I mean Wilkes University has a better chance at beating Michigan or Ohio State than anyone in the Big Ten Worst.
11-12-2022 07:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
RE: Open Thread - week 11 cfb
Refs really screwed Illinois right before halftime. Took away an interception. Purdue score of the next play
11-12-2022 01:37 PM
Advertisement

schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
First of all, screw those refs!

Second, here's the current Big Ten Worst standings and remaining schedules...

Illinois: 4-3, 7-3 (at Michigan, at Northwestern)
Iowa: 4-3, 6-4 (at Minnesota, Nebraska)
Minnesota: 4-3, 6-4 (Iowa, at Wisconsin)
Purdue: 4-3, 6-4 (Northwestern, at Indiana)
Wisconsin: 3-4, 5-5 (at Nebraska, Minnesota)

Iowa at Minnesota is a big one next week.

Illinois has wins over Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin and a loss over Purdue.
Iowa has wins over Purdue and Wisconsin and a loss to Illinois.
Minnesota has losses to Illinois and Purdue.
Purdue has wins over Illinois and Minnesota and losses to Iowa and Wisconsin.
Wisconsin has wins over Purdue and losses to Illinois and Iowa.

I don't expect Purdue to lose. I expect Illinois to lose to Northwestern. If Minnesota beats Iowa at home, Purdue wins the West. If Iowa steals the Iowa game (and beats Nebraska at home) they will win the West (unless Illinois stuns Michigan and then it's a three way tie).
11-12-2022 07:18 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
Give me some of whatever the BIG West division is drinking. That whole group looks drunk!
11-14-2022 12:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.